IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should blankets to mark seats be allowed days before the show?
Yes 54 23.08%
No 166 70.94%
special circumstances only 14 5.98%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
9/3/09, 8:38 PM   #31
Re: Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
AlkyMadness

I'll tell you why people mark off the row in front of them: to keep some freakin jackass away that wants to bring his/her mega size reclining lounge chair. Tracks need to ban those damn things or else charge the people double. Blankets and seat cushions only. Sorry if you've got a bad back.

I was at a track recently and there were so many people (in fine health I might add) showing up with them that I knew I'd have to block off the seat in front of me or else I'd come back from the restrooms with someone leaned back and no place for my knees. Saw a few "almost" fights over these things that night. That doesn't need to happen. Tracks can ban them.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jjones776, Sprint63122
9/3/09, 8:46 PM   #32
badgerfan

Just an observation from the big EAA Airventure in Oshkosh every summer. The airshow prime "seats" are right along the flightline. They have thousands of folks trying to get the good spots each afternoon for the airshow. You can put your chair there at 7am as long as your fanny is in it until the flying starts in the mid afternoon. If they find an unattended chair or blanket they confiscate it and they patrol hard. Seems to work fine but they have tons of volunteers to patrol that long flightline area. Truth be told the seats a half mile away from the runway are just as good and a lot less crowded

9/3/09, 8:46 PM   #33
bigmojo5

Basically, taping down a blanket is reserving your seat -- whether you do it at 7 a.m., or 7 p.m. I don't see how anyone can call it anything else.
Maybe there should be a blanket fee that is equal to the price of a reserved seat. When you pay that, you are entitled to choose your seat and tape down a blanket. Just like choosing a reserved seat.
Why should it be allowed for free?
Jim Morrison
Last edited by bigmojo5; 9/3/09 at 8:49 PM.

2 members like this post: JEFFSTOY, SprintManDave
9/3/09, 8:50 PM   #34
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Dang Shroder. Your tough Just kiddin
Na not me. I'm a lover not a fighter, this took place with a gent in my party.

9/3/09, 9:03 PM   #35
Sandy Lowe

Anyone going to Lawrenceburg Speedway and want a great seat?

Do you want to show up when hot laps start, or later, and not have to
worry that someone pulled up your blanket and is sitting in your seat?

Get in touch with Dave or Kim Rudisell at rpmproductions@comcast.net
to find out about renting one of the booths.

I'm pretty sure they also have package deals that include LaRosas pizza
and refreshments. Just remember to bring a jacket since we keep the A/C
turned down low so we don't roast next door in the announcers booth.

9/3/09, 9:22 PM   #36
FishBurger

I'm good with whatever the policy is at the track I am visiting. At Lawrenceburg, I tape down seat savers for myself and two friends who are there every time Dave opens the gate. It's not that our regular roosts are so doggone desireable (far down from top row). It's done more so that our friends and Cherie (50/50 ticket hottie) will know where to find us.

When asked, usually for SE shows, I will do tape downs for out of town friends. If they haven't shown by half an hour or so before hot laps, the seat savers come up.

Unless it's a two day show, all seat savers come up and are taken to the trusty Silverado immediately after the sprint car "B" main.

Be careful what you wish for. Do you really want the Section "A" goofballs spread throughout the grandstand, perhaps even where you sit?? Hmmmmmm???

Got a problem with that??? Tell it to Jackie, the track Chaplain. :2:
Last edited by FishBurger; 9/3/09 at 9:29 PM.

9/3/09, 9:22 PM   #37
fishnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I think the blankets are . What really pisses me off and it is disrespectful is people who save the seats in front of them as well so nobody sits in front of them. The yellow caution tape that is weaved up and down the top 3 rows at lawrenceburg is crap as well and two or three people sit in the middle of the tape.

I like the reserve section as well.
I am at L-burg 7 days a week, and as for people coming in and marking a seat, have at it! I always try to have the main bleachers hosed down by Monday evening and it is fair game after that, at least that is the way I see it. 99% of the people marking the seats I either know personally or recognize and the the seats they mark are used, no extra. As for the yellow caution tape, that is going overboard. I know of the person doing this, they mark off an area that seats 150 people and 3 show up. I have taken it down several times, and seems each time I do I get busy doing stuff in the pits like equip. maintenance etc, and the next day I look up and there it is again. Steps have been taken to nullify this. I always clean Section "A" first, if that pisses anyone off and I hop it don't we do have a complaint department................ Me
Last edited by fishnman; 9/3/09 at 9:25 PM.

1 member likes this post: Wingman
9/3/09, 9:36 PM   #38
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I can do whatever the track allows. I am not a fan of Gas City and there all season saved seats. I still go there and enjoy the races. I also dislike the current grandstand and ***** to Kelly half of the night when my knees and back hurt. I applaud Gas City for not allowing those damn LazyBoy recliners to be brought in. I have seen them turn people away with them and I am pleased that they won't allow them. Last year at Kamp we almost got into a fight over the people in front of us using them. TRACK OWNERS: Outlaw them those damn things and do all of us a favor.

I see nothing wrong with putting down a blanket or cushion to save a seat the day of the show. If the track will allow it, we will do it. The only way to stop it is to lock down the grandstand area and comb the seats and remove all blankets an hour before opening the gates. Either that or have a reserved section and charge additional $$$$$$ to accomodate the folks that want to have those seats. JMO

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
9/3/09, 9:45 PM   #39
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I pull the crap up and sit wherever I want too, they should''ve been there earlier IMHO
And this is when the azz kicking begins.

9/3/09, 9:57 PM   #40
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
I love Gas City's policy of seats for the whole year.I don't have to put down a blanket every week.So if I work late I know I have my seat.Take about taking care of your regular customers
Aero, now thats funny about you working.The whole year I don't think so, maybe thats why I'm not a regular customer Too bad for the new fans that might want to see a race?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events