Why are rules & a moderation
The rules and the moderating team are here to keep the message
board a fun, positive place to socialize and share information. Many
forums fall apart after becoming consumed by petty squabbling or
having useful information drowned in a sea of stupidity and
nonsense, and that is the fate we are actively trying to avoid. We
are ready to treat you like a mature, responsible adult, and if you
behave as such, you won't have any problems here.
General Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide
by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to these
terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register'
button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click
here to return to the forums index.
All messages express the views of the author, and neither the
IndianaOpenWheel.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of
vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
Below are some general rules which you should observe when using
this message board. Please follow them (some of these rules are just
common sense/courtesy, so they're not hard to follow):
1. No Offensive Material. Please do not
post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented,
hateful, threatening, or in violation of any laws.
2. Be Polite. This message board will be
a fun, positive place to socialize and share information. All
members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. Do not
attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
3. No "Flaming". Please do not post any
messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another
member or guest.
4. No "Trolling". Please do not post any
topic that IS disruptive to this site.. Don't create meaningless
threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes
messages in profiles and signatures.
5. No "Bumping". Please do not
repeatedly bump your threads to try and get attention. Most members
of the site are not online 24 hours a day and so will not see your
post the instant it is made. Do not bump a thread within 24 hours,
and not more than twice a week.
6. During any Live Updates, DO NOT POST THE
CONDITION OF AN INJURED DRIVER WITHOUT THE FAMILIES CONSENT!!
7. No "Politics" Political related
material is not allowed.
8. Do not post copyrighted material.
This is material found on other websites. Just post a link to that
9. No Self Promotion unless you are a current paid advertiser, driver/team, photographer or track/event promotion.
10. No "Spamming". Do not post spam or
11. No executable files. Executable
files (exe, bat, com, reg) should not be linked to because of the
possibility of virus/trojans.
12. Respect a persons privacy. This
means no posting of phone numbers, addresses, social security
numbers or any other private information.
13. Do not post the same classified in multiple forums.
14. Under no circumstances whatsoever are
duplicate/additional accounts allowed. You are allowed one account.
If you are in a situation where you are going to be sharing an IP
address with other people, please let us know.
15. Keep your post on topic.
16. If you find a post that is against the forum rules listed on
this page, you should use the report a post feature to notify
IndianaOpenWheel.com, as opposed to posting something about it
yourself. To report a post, look for this icon...
17. We reserve the right to remove, edit, move, close or even delete
any thread for any reason.
18. If your thread or post is closed or
removed, DO NOT REPOST.
19. Each decision made by the moderating team will be reviewed by
the site administrator. The Administrators
decision is final.
20. Public discussions related to administrative decisions are not
allowed on the site.
IndianaOpenWheel.com will attempt to keep all
objectionable messages off this forum, however we encourage you to
"Report a Post"
if you feel any post violates one of these rules. Your report will
be reviewed as soon as possible.
You can find a list of Admins and Moderators at this link.
1. The administrator of this site will ultimately decide if
something is appropriate or not.
2. No signatures may include a message intending to disrupt this
3. No signatures may include text or images that are obscene,
vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, sexist,
discriminatory, and/or otherwise violates of any local or
4. No signatures may have promotional language or offers for paid
services. You may include a link (no text) to a page offering paid
5. Links to your site are fine unless your site violates the terms
of service for Indiana Open Wheel.
6. No signatures may have more than 3 external links - otherwise it
will be considered as SPAM.