IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should blankets to mark seats be allowed days before the show?
Yes 54 23.08%
No 166 70.94%
special circumstances only 14 5.98%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
9/3/09, 7:53 PM   #21
Re: Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
Wingman

I think the blankets are . What really pisses me off and it is disrespectful is people who save the seats in front of them as well so nobody sits in front of them. The yellow caution tape that is weaved up and down the top 3 rows at lawrenceburg is crap as well and two or three people sit in the middle of the tape.

I like the reserve section as well.

9/3/09, 7:57 PM   #22
bojo20

Sorry== you said day before I read it wrong thought you said day of race.my mistake

9/3/09, 7:59 PM   #23
berks co

williams grove in Pa has the best policy you can purchase the seat for the whole year ahead of time. I almost allways walk up into the reserved area and sit, if the people show up I just move a little. Even WoO shows i still do this and have no problem. THe track makes some easy money from doing this. Grandview my Saturday night track opens the gates usually at about 6:00 am. My friend lives 2.6 miles from the track & he goes up SAt morning and puts blankets down. decent but if they did like the grove I bet all 5 of us they go weekly would all buy the top row seats for the season. Yes you still must buy a ticket each night. Again it would be easy extra income for the track.

9/3/09, 8:00 PM   #24
Sheri Claridge

This is why I love Haubstadt, I have my reserved seat and don't have to worry about it being taken.
We have had the seat taking incident at Gas City a couple years ago and Bloomington, and I find it very rude if i have put my seat down and come back when the race starts that someone is in my seat or has moved my stuff.
And in my opinion there are no good seats at Gas City....those seats are one of the worst to sit on.........and before I get trashed on what i just said about Gas City.....mind you I said my opinion!

HAVE A NICE DAY!

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Hamby812
9/3/09, 8:07 PM   #25
dirtfan24

Race Count Last Year: 52

This is the reason that I don't go to Gas City execpt for ISW. I try to get to any track I go at least several hours before the race starts in order to get a good seat. Then I get there and all the good seats are gone and come to find out they have saved 7 or 8 seats for two people. I save two seats for two people or four seats for four people. I don't have a problem saving seats, I just get upset when I get ther at noon and the race starts at seven thirty and the good seats have been saved for two days.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, JEFFSTOY, Joey Woods
9/3/09, 8:33 PM   #26
Joey Woods

After gates open the day of? YES! Under these circumstannces, you pull my blanket up, well god be with you. This happened to me about five or so years ago and after this rather confident lad left the ER I doubt he has pulled up any blankets since. If the track doesnt allow it fine, but DO NOT pull up my blanket without consequence.

9/3/09, 8:33 PM   #27
cleatziff

Personally I am ok with people getting to the track early the day of the race and putting down blankets. However, I think gas city's all season seat policy sucks. Being a public servent and having a wife in nursing school I am not able to afford a trip to gas city every week. I really think gas city should reconsider this policy, especially for special events when fans are traveling long distances to see the races (I am not considering my 1 hour drive to be that far). I love the racing at gas city, but I am leary of making the trip. I worry that regardless of what time I arrive I will not be able to get all that good of a seat. Since I am on the subject, the grandstands at gas city are extremely uncomfortable. They are way to short for some on who is 6' tall. I can't imagine what they must be like for someone bigger than me. I know I am kinda bashing gas city here, but I do want to say the racing there is top notch. I love the racing everytime I go. However, I think the grand stand situation needs to be adressed. Just my humble opinion
Last edited by cleatziff; 9/3/09 at 8:34 PM.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, SprintManDave
9/3/09, 8:35 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigq11 View Post
You will find no chairs or other markings from DAYS BEFORE at Bloomington. They always open the gates at 5PM the day prior to the event for fans to go in and mark their seats or put their chairs in the desired location. Nothing is allowed before that time. This prevents someone from marking seats for the entire season and not always showing up, as is allowed at a track farther north.

I think fans who support a track on a regular basis should get first chance at their regular seats for the special events also. After all, over a seasons time, we spend many more dollars at our home track than the special event only fans.JMO
That might be the official policy and a few said they came the night before. A few more said they dropped their chair on Tuesday or Weds.. Maybe it was just for this event, The fireworks show at Bloom was huge in crowd size.

Chuck, just finding it ironic to show up four hours before hotlaps not to find a decent place for my chair except way up the hill

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I think the blankets are . What really pisses me off and it is disrespectful is people who save the seats in front of them as well so nobody sits in front of them. The yellow caution tape that is weaved up and down the top 3 rows at lawrenceburg is crap as well and two or three people sit in the middle of the tape.

I like the reserve section as well.

Expecially when its the Mayor and his clan and they only show up for the features

9/3/09, 8:37 PM   #29
thebus79h

No blankets. Ever. You don't need a huge grandstand to do this. Just make the top 3 rows reserved seating, and you can sell them for the complete year for a certain price, or buy a 10 race package, or a "pick 5 package", and the tracks would sell them rather easy.

2 members like this post: Hamby812, JEFFSTOY
9/3/09, 8:38 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Woods View Post
After gates open the day of? YES! Under these circumstannces, you pull my blanket up, well god be with you. This happened to me about five or so years ago and after this rather confident lad left the ER I doubt he has pulled up any blankets since. If the track doesnt allow it fine, but DO NOT pull up my blanket without consequence.
Dang Shroder. Your tough Just kiddin

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events