IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: “strong” field expected for “j.d. Byrider 100” at lor
7/16/14, 12:06 PM   #11
mcgerigle

I wonder when Crankin will weigh in on this one?

7/16/14, 12:07 PM   #12
Re: Usac: “strong” field expected for “j.d. Byrider 100” at
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
It's the law of supply and demand! If you have a good show, there WILL be interest. Regardless if it's pavement or dirt.
USAC has done NOTHING to make it better on the pavement side, more affordable to get more cars, well thought out promotion, etc.
And ultimately, that fault lies on Kevin's shoulders. Again IMO...
Check out the attendance for the Little 500. That is a pavement race. And I am certainly happy that it's out of USAC hands now or that race would be doomed too.
Poor, poor leadership. And greed!
...and they had 33 cars at Anderson for the Little 500....not the 40 plus they used to have. 11 midgets at the last STARS race at Grundy. These are the facts.
Last edited by Vukie; 7/16/14 at 12:25 PM.

1 member likes this post: Kellen Conover
7/16/14, 12:42 PM   #13
IN RACE FAN

So what does the Silver Crown Entry List look like? Here is a list I put together based on who ran the last race there and the drivers mentioned in the press release. Any others?

1. Tanner Swanson
2. Tracy Hines
3. David Byrne
4. Jacob Wilson
5. Bobby Santos
6. Taylor Ferns
7. Caleb Armstrong
8. Chris Windom
9. Kyle O’Gara
10. Jarett Andretti
11. A.J. Fike
12. Bobby East
13. Shane Cockrum
14. Cale Thomas
15. Davey Ray
16. John Hunt
18. Kody Swanson
19. Dave Darland
20. Jerry Coons Jr
21. Ken Schrader
22. CJ Leary
23. Ryan Litt
24. Jarid Blondel

7/16/14, 12:44 PM   #14
Kellen Conover

There comes a certain point that responsibility falls on all the parties involved. The pavement series doesn't pay much per race or overall for the points. But at the same time USAC can't funnel more money into something that cars don't show up for. There are several affordable pavement cars out there, so it doesn't really seem like that's the hold up. But as it's been pointed out, car counts are down across the board so it's hard to point at one specific cause,

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, Vukie
7/16/14, 2:51 PM   #15
TheGhostOfOpperman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgerigle View Post
I wonder when Crankin will weigh in on this one?
Why? Are you offended Craig didn't call you personally and ask you to respond?

7/16/14, 11:47 PM   #16
wbr

First and foremost many thanks to Andy Hillenburg for all his hard work attempting to get the series up and running strong again.

I believe the decline in pavement racing is a reflection of the times or as the political strategist James Carville so eloquently said it: "It's the economy, stupid."

We would field a 2nd car some of the time if our pockets could support it but instead we feel lucky to get to race as much as we do. Thanks to everyone who supports our passion.

Hope to see a great field of cars and grandstands full of fans ready for a great night of racing next Thursday.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, racing2bwithu2
7/17/14, 1:08 AM   #17
Twister17

Let's just hope the silver crown series just keeps gaining steam even if it's one car at a time.

Let's not forget the great things Mr. Miller has done for The midgets. Brought in Mopar back in 08 or 09. Great presenting sponsor that provided nice vehicles and really nice trailer wraps.
It was just last year that the Honda came on board to be the presenting sponsor of the midgets. Have you seen those real nice Hondas and the large Honda billboard on 16th st!
If Mr. Miller cared about midgets or racing in general perhaps some of this money if there is any would be given back to the racers, unfortunately that's not the case, and never will be.

Mr. Miller views USAC as a marketing entity for Honda, Amsoil, and Traxxas and the racing is a by product of that.

1 member likes this post: team3521
7/17/14, 1:36 AM   #18
retired14

Seeing as how they (USAC) has scratched the midget part of the program, I wonder what they will put in to take it's place?

7/17/14, 8:23 AM   #19
treecitytornado

USSA is trying hard to bring back Non-Wing Pavement Sprint Car racing. I hope they have a great show next weekend at Angola!

1 member likes this post: team3521
7/17/14, 1:39 PM   #20
team3521

Again,
In my opinion, the sprints cars first and then the midget pavement series could have lived. There was NOTHING done proactively to revive them. USAC used to be the "leader" and most sanctioning bodies kind of followed. Not any longer because the leadership at USAC has failed to lead for many, many years.
USAC should be changed to USDC. United States Dirt Cars
Has very little to do with the economy...

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: “strong” field expected for “j.d. Byrider 100” at lor