IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just run the race please.
8/25/13, 2:47 PM   #31
Re: Just run the race please.
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I think the kids and the novice fans enjoyed making a big deal out of the Smackdown. I had no problem and actually thought it was good. The young people are the future and we all need to get them interested. One other observation was when the race ended only a handful of people left. Most of the crowd stayed and listened to the interviews. That tells me most didn't feel the evening was dragged out, and were staying as long as they could. I guess its a sucessful event if the biggest problem is your whole show was over at 10:36.
I agree!

I dont think this little guy cares what time it is. Its around 11:00 PM in this photo.

Its 1 AM in this photo,and just winding down checking out 1 last car before heading out the gate and calling it a night.

Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 8/25/13 at 2:54 PM.

8/25/13, 3:29 PM   #32
PIT CART

I took a first timer to Kokomo last night. He asked if they always drag the show on like this on Sundays . Of course I said heck no usually heading home with the sun in my face.
Last edited by PIT CART; 8/25/13 at 3:32 PM.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/25/13, 3:42 PM   #33
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half fast View Post
Couldnt see the feature tonight because of squirrels in the stands
Glad you mentioned that. Thought i was seeing things but i seen squirrels to!

8/25/13, 3:52 PM   #34
Tim Watson

The pre-feature stuff was just fine with me. Besides the racing i also like to visit during the night without having to stay up 3 hours after the checkered flag has fallen. My biggest complaints for the weekend are that the track was way to good every night and there was to much passing for me. For those of you that know me, you know my sense of humor on those comments!

8/25/13, 4:05 PM   #35
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

The last three nights of racing has been the best in the state all year and you people want to complain about an intermission, it is cool they are trying to include all the fans with the drivers. It's the only way to get young kids interested and keep them coming back. Kokomo and USAC did a amazing job

Posted via Mobile Device

8/25/13, 7:13 PM   #36
racenut69

Mine would not shoot me,she would just be pizzy the next morning!..Oh Well,I'm used to it!..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
I don't have a problem with long shows, I have a problem with dead time when nothing is happening & no one is being entertained. Anyway, I'd be afraid to come home from the races before 2 am. Wife might mistake me for a Burglar & shoot me.

steiny

8/25/13, 7:17 PM   #37
racenut69

I've never been to Kokomo, so I'm thinking I would've had a GREAT TIME!

1 member likes this post: fish
8/25/13, 8:57 PM   #38
walkez

Always thought Kokomo while a great track seems to really drag out the shows with track prep. Don't think it's as bad during normal shows though.

8/25/13, 9:04 PM   #39
BrandonT30

I had a great time at the track the down time was fine gave us a chance to drink a few beers and walk around and see the drivers before the race. Its a special show that deserved the added interviews and prerace activities. I will say while I like the 3 race format it just seems to be a little to much every night the car count was fewer maybe if the payout was better for the back end of the field more cars would show up. All in all it was a great weekend at the track and the new turn 5 pub is a cool addition to the track.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Tim Watson
8/25/13, 9:11 PM   #40
trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkez View Post
Always thought Kokomo while a great track seems to really drag out the shows with track prep. Don't think it's as bad during normal shows though.
How do you think it is a great track??? Its because they take the time to work the track during the night when it is needed. Ya cant just dump water on it a few hour pre race and call it good for the night.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, racephoto1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just run the race please.