IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just run the race please.
8/24/13, 9:45 PM   #1
Just run the race please.
TommyBahama

Unfortunately I missed the first two nights of Smackdown. Lot of downtime here at night 3, it's 9:30 and they've run 3 heats and a Bmain, plus the King Of The Hill races.

I love this track, the racing is second to none, but I also love the quick shows. A long drive home, almost 3 hours, makes all this screwing around frustrating.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I just wish they would run the damn race and quit shaving mustaches and skip the intros.

Maybe I'll come to the first two nights next year and skip Saturday

Posted via Mobile Device

8/24/13, 10:06 PM   #2
dirtgirl67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama View Post
Unfortunately I missed the first two nights of Smackdown. Lot of downtime here at night 3, it's 9:30 and they've run 3 heats and a Bmain, plus the King Of The Hill races.

I love this track, the racing is seconàmenpd to none, but I also love the quick shows. A long drive home, almost 3 hours, makes all this screwing around frustrating.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I just wish they would run the damn race and quit shaving mustaches and skip the intros.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

8/24/13, 10:14 PM   #3
JMA1181

Quote:

I love this track, the racing is second to none, but I also love the quick shows. A long drive home, almost 3 hours, makes all this screwing around frustrating.

Posted via Mobile Device
You drove here, you can drive home too.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: fish, Obie, speed bump
8/24/13, 10:14 PM   #4
Re: Just run the race please.
sp6967

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
the best thing about this web site is no one ever complains.

7 members like this post: fish, flatout18, Indy1808, monkeyboy, Morin98, ronmil, SprintFan
8/24/13, 10:21 PM   #5
TommyBahama

Thanks! Brilliant post. It's called constructive criticism, something that usually gets you torched on this board. I love Kokomo, come several times a year, regular shows are killer, this one has been drug out to long is all

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/24/13, 10:51 PM   #6
monkeyboy

Tampax needs to buy ad space on here.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/24/13, 11:11 PM   #7
reeserx

Quote:
Thanks! Brilliant post. It's called constructive criticism, something that usually gets you torched on this board. I love Kokomo, come several times a year, regular shows are killer, this one has been drug out to long is all

Posted via Mobile Device
It's the biggest race of the year!! Why complain??

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: dickster, racefan20
8/24/13, 11:25 PM   #8
hoosier race fan

I don't see it as complaining. Constructive criticism can be a great thing and make something that is good even better. Many tracks are just way too sensitive and interpret any criticism as an attack. There are just some tracks that you don't dare to say anything critical about on this forum. Others get routinely bashed, often for doing or not doing the same thing as the tracks that can do no wrong. The greatest tracks are the ones that listen and keep improving on their programs.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/24/13, 11:37 PM   #9
trooper

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
I sadly didn't make it down this year, but I was there last year and it was fairly long on Saturday night. However, I think the average non-diehard fan enjoys some of the filler stuff. I personally would just assume run the race. Being a big show the atmosphere is half the show and I think they do a spectacular job at the Smackdown. Cant wait till next year, if sprint week does not break the bank I hope to make it back to Smackdown!

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dickster, Indy1808, midget fan, mowerman, SOROKACH35FAN
8/25/13, 12:01 AM   #10
19racer

Great show all 3 nights. Drivers promoters and scantion body wanted to do the intros a little different. Every driver signed a shirt of their own or a track shirt then threw them into the crowd. The person who caught the shirt of the feature winner got a Smackdown ticket for next year.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just run the race please.