IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Olson claims 53rd james/o'connor memorial
8/13/12, 9:31 AM   #11
Re: Olson claims 53rd james/o'connor memorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
I used to attend this race religiously

Don't like winged sprint cars. And I won't add his name to the "list"
Your race fan card has been REVOKED!!! Permanatly The ignorance of this post

5 members like this post: bofan, leonhaupt, Lewis1585, ronmil, short track scott
8/13/12, 11:28 AM   #12
DAD

Quote:

I may be old but I"m not set in my ways. Without wings that old track only has one grove. Purpose built non wing pavement sprint cars put themselves out of business. There weren't enough cars to put on a good race.

These guys don't know what a freight train is and nobody has told them that there is just one way around that race track. They are scary fast and put on one super show. WINGS is the best thing that has happened to pavement sprints in a long time..

If you don't go see them race you have "NO IDEA" what you are missing.

The best pavement sprint car racing out there period!

Honest Dad himself

8/13/12, 11:44 AM   #13
short track scott

As I do work for the Must See Racing series, I find it almost unbearable to hold my tongue sometimes.

Then I come back and read what others have said and really appreciate both those who speak their minds, even if I don't agree with it, and those of whom share opinions similar to my own.

Jerry Coons jr won Belleville this year. And he will continue to have won it in 2012 until the end of time. It was not his decision who would sanction it or who would be there. He beat the field.

Brian Olson is one of the very quietest, soft spoken guys on our pit lane. He moved from a little town in Washington with a name I still can't say quite right to race here. He is the kind of kid you wish your kid would've grown up to be like. Meet him some time and decide for yourself. Then you can tell him what he has to do to be on the "list". And he can tell you he finished ahead of the fastest car ever to circle Salem Speedway, and the current points leaders, and he beat you, too.

To disparage ANYONE who competes in any competition at any level does nothing but tear down the people who make this sport happen, quite possibly including yourself.

Why would you do that?

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by short track scott; 8/13/12 at 11:58 AM.

8/13/12, 12:22 PM   #14
Lewis1585

It is obvious that Hubie has never driven a race car. If someone wins any sprint car race at Salem then that is something special. I dont care if it is a heat race. Until you get behind the wheel and run a lap under 18 seconds then you should probably just keep your mouth shut.

On a better note, Congrats to my buddy Brian Gerster for breaking the track record with a lap time of 13.957. That is hauling and completly nuts!!!

Congrats to Brian Olson for the win, Enjoy it and do not listen to people that have no idea on what it takes to run a lap at Salem, YOU ARE THE MAN

Michael Lewis

8/13/12, 12:56 PM   #15
leonhaupt

Always a odd fly that like to slander or talk crap of other people. Brian Olson's name fit in perfect on any forum, as well as the racing world.
Brian Olson,,ALWAYS remember,,I'f u don't hear anything,,your not popular no more...Great job...

3 members like this post: bofan, Lewis1585, ronmil
8/13/12, 1:26 PM   #16
Sawdust101

It was a great night of racing as always. If they would race there once a month I would be there because they are BAD FAST! Don't know how they do it but they can get around it in a hurry. Thanks for coming down to Salem and bring the Supers next time!!!!

2 members like this post: old timer 38, ronmil
8/13/12, 1:29 PM   #17
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonhaupt View Post
Always a odd fly that like to slander or talk crap of other people. Brian Olson's name fit in perfect on any forum, as well as the racing world.
Brian Olson,,ALWAYS remember,,I'f u don't hear anything,,your not popular no more...Great job...
Drive one "H E L L" The first time I watched a sprint car race at Big Salem was 1957 or so. These guys put a whole new thing to Sprints on Pavement. As long as I can remember about the only way any one could describe a sprint car race at Salem was "Big Old Freight Train". It has always been the case there that the only way to move up was for someone else in front to drop out. That ain't so with these guys.

My hat is off to them. Joe James and Pat O'connor would be proud of these guys.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: leonhaupt, ronmil
8/13/12, 1:58 PM   #18
bgerster

Congratulations to Brian, Davey, Danny and the rest of the boys on your win Saturday night.
I know I speak for all the race teams when I say ”thank you” to the fans who came to Salem and support our series.
Also thank you IOW posters for not allowing this thread to be hijacked into something negative.

Brian Gerster

8/13/12, 4:02 PM   #19
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I stated in my earlier post that I am not a fan of wings, but when they are applied to a pavement sprint car and that car is driven around a high-banked asphalt track, the product is spectacular. The Must See Extreme Sprint series is indeed a Must See! I hope this series continues to grow; they have excellent one hour television broadcasts that are carried on FOX regional sports channels.
Can't wait for their return to Salem, and, as Sawdust 101 said, next time, bring the supers too!

1 member likes this post: 767
8/13/12, 5:28 PM   #20
a tall Short fan 36

Quote:

And just who the hell are you to be making any type of list????? I saw these cars in person for the first time and was completly blown away at the speed and BALLS it took to throw these cars around this track!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna go again this weekend and as many as possible!!!!!! This series gained a new fan in a BIG way!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!

6 members like this post: 767, bofan, interpreter66, leonhaupt, Lewis1585, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Olson claims 53rd james/o'connor memorial