IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chad Smith Motorsports?
7/25/12, 4:42 PM   #11
beliles66

Chad's a good kid. As solid as they come.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/12, 4:59 PM   #12
WheelSTANd

Quote:
Originally Posted by beliles66 View Post
Chad's a good kid. As solid as they come.

Posted via Mobile Device
He sure is, Beliles66. I can't wait to meet him in person. He has probably the best/funniest personalities, ever. He had my wife and I cracking up with his stories. I told him he needs to get in a sprint car and he said "I ***** my pants in an elevator, NOBODY is strapping me in a car." I'm really hoping Jackslash will do a special on him, especially if I never get to meet him. He would be a great public relations rep for someone. He was telling my wife and I that he has asked random small businesses to help him with $ and some have agreed! You won't find a better friend/sponsor than that guy right there.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/12, 5:05 PM   #13
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Just curious... Do u guys live or work at the same location?

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/12, 5:46 PM   #14
beliles66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Just curious... Do u guys live or work at the same location?

Posted via Mobile Device
If you're talking to me, Bill, then yes. Chad and I have worked at Rolls Royce together for almost 6 years now. He gets his sense of humor from his dad, Brian, who happens to help Bill Rose when he gets the chance.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/12, 6:19 PM   #15
Re: Chad Smith Motorsports?
Bill Gardner
Administrator

No but it all makes sense now!

2 members like this post: Kellen Conover, ShaneMugavin57
7/25/12, 6:47 PM   #16
beliles66

Quote:
I'm confused.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/12, 7:03 PM   #17
darnall

People like Chad are more important to this sport than most people will ever realize..THANK YOU CHAD for everything you do for these guys....

My fear now is that Chad will get hammered by other racers either looking for the same help for themselves or trying to explain why Chad should be giving them money instead of the guys he already helps...I have had help from more than one person who told me NOT to put his name anywhere on the car because they didn't want 50 other vultures knocking on their door....many many people in this sport spend LOTS of time and energy trying to steal rides or sponsors from other guys instead of trying to bring new sponsors into the sport...

And not just drivers either...I have seen firsthand a few promoters/ track owners trying to convince a company to stop helping track "A" and bring that money to track "B"....I even know one who has tried at least twice to convince a company to quit sponsoring a particular driver who runs weekly at his track) and spend that money on billboards at the track instead...STINKIN VULTURES!!!!!!!!!

7/25/12, 7:41 PM   #18
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Yes it does

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/12, 8:19 PM   #19
ChadSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
People like Chad are more important to this sport than most people will ever realize..THANK YOU CHAD for everything you do for these guys....

My fear now is that Chad will get hammered by other racers either looking for the same help for themselves or trying to explain why Chad should be giving them money instead of the guys he already helps...I have had help from more than one person who told me NOT to put his name anywhere on the car because they didn't want 50 other vultures knocking on their door....many many people in this sport spend LOTS of time and energy trying to steal rides or sponsors from other guys instead of trying to bring new sponsors into the sport...

And not just drivers either...I have seen firsthand a few promoters/ track owners trying to convince a company to stop helping track "A" and bring that money to track "B"....I even know one who has tried at least twice to convince a company to quit sponsoring a particular driver who runs weekly at his track) and spend that money on billboards at the track instead...STINKIN VULTURES!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words. I haven't had 1 driver come up and ask me for any help, yet. Honestly, I wouldn't be offended if one did. I thought about doing something next year where I had a little "contest" with fans to write a 1 paragraph letter explaining why Chad Smith Motorsports should buy X amount of drums of fuel for their favorite driver. I think it would be neat to hear from the fans. Then, the driver that won could thank that particular fan for submitting the letter by giving them a pit pass, let them sit in the car for a picture, give them a shirt, etc. Obviously I'm going to continue to help my current drivers, but I would like to get the fans involved a little!!! Thanks again for the support.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, Team T
7/25/12, 8:54 PM   #20
Joe@ScaleSprints

I took a pic of Chase Stockon's Chad Smith Motorsports decal on his car wondering "who is Chad Smith?" LOL now I know!!!

2 members like this post: ChadSmith, koolaid89
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chad Smith Motorsports?