IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chad Smith Motorsports?
7/24/12, 4:19 PM   #1
Chad Smith Motorsports?
WheelSTANd

I tried sending "Chad Smith" a private message on here, but he never responded. Walking through the pits this year, I've noticed "Chad Smith Motorsports" decals on a few guys' cars. Chase Stockon, Jon Stanbrough, Daron Clayton. These are the 3 I noticed, not sure if there is more or not. I'm just being nosey! I haven't heard of this shop before, I was just curious on what he does for these drivers. I don't know if he works on their cars or what. I'll shoot him another message I suppose. I was going to ask Jon Stanbrough at Haubstadt about it, but he was a busy WINNER after the race!!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/24/12, 4:55 PM   #2
ChadSmith

Sorry I didn't return your messages. I just now realized I had 4 inbox messages in there!! I don't own a shop, nor a racecar. I've been sponsoring Chase all year and started helping Jon at the beginning of ISW. I'm just a single, 28 year old guy that loves racing. I have been blessed with a good job that allows me to work 7 days a week for the most part. I make it to as many weekend races as I can, whether it's USAC or not. I work 2nd shift, so I can only make the weekend shows. The fuel that goes into Jon and Chase's car is sponsored by me. It's probably one of the most expensive sponsorships, but I love the sport and love to help these guys. Chase Stockon is a great young driver that always makes the show. He had a great 2012 ISW. He is the most appreciative guy you'll ever meet. Whether I buy him 10 drums of menthol or a valve stem, he appreciates EVERYTHING and it's a good feeling. Chase is by far the lowest budget team that runs 100% of the USAC shows.

I have been friends with Jon for about 6 months now. It started off by talking about RC racing. I've always been a huge fan of his. Everyone thinks that these car owners have unlimited $. They don't. Dan Roberts and Daryl Tate own the 21x, and both appreciate everything I do for them. Having a fuel sponsor like me takes weight off their back and allows them to spend their money elsewhere, like freshening motors and such.

Well, I've probably put half of you guys to sleep by now. Goodbye for now.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/24/12, 5:06 PM   #3
Re: Chad Smith Motorsports?
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Glad to hear you are helping out. We need more people like you in the sport. I am sure that any team would appreciate any help they can get from anyone, and it doesn't have to be a big bucks thing. Buy a pit pass or two for your favorite team. Everything helps.

7/24/12, 5:55 PM   #4
smith19

my son's name is chad and i sponsor him. nice to hear your giving back to a sport you love...

1 member likes this post: WheelSTANd
7/24/12, 6:07 PM   #5
WheelSTANd

Chad,
I would love to meet you sometime. My wife and I just read your post together and she was almost in tears. I'm sure you know by now that Chase's mother is very sick with cancer, and you're right, he's a good driver and a great "kid". I also agree with you about teams not being "rich". Obviously someone like Levi doesn't have to worry about $, but most of the guys can't just go putting new tires on all 4 corners every time they hit the track.

Jon is a great driver, and to have your name on his car has to be a good feeling. I would love to see him finish towards the top in USAC points. I saw your decal on Daron's car as well. Man he was on a rail at Haubstadt in the B. I'm hoping he gets back on his feet and gets some more wins. He's fun to watch, just doesn't have a ton of money.

Chad I really think you're an awesome guy. You're a great friend of those 3 guys you help, and I hope they all realize you are doing something very few people do. It sounds like you don't own your own company, which makes it even more unique. You're a friend, a fan, and a sponsor. I think very highly of you, and so should everyone that is reading this. For you to work overtime to help these guys out is outstanding. I will send you a p.m. with my contact information. My wife and I would love to meet you and sit down and talk and hear your story. You're a great young man. Cheers my friend.

Stan

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: 1st, bighd0522, davidm, dusty tracks, Stocko23, Team T
7/24/12, 6:34 PM   #6
ChadSmith

Stan, I appreciate the kind words. I am having a blast helping Chase and Jon. We have fun and that is what it is all about. Racing is a sport and it's how most of these guys get by, but you have to have fun with it. Chase owns 32 Designs. He designs just about anything from t-shirts, decals, billboards, etc. I am also aware of Chase's Mother's health, which is a sad sad deal. She will leave us to go to a much better place where she can watch all of his races, instead of being at home. Jon owns JRS Fabrication in Brownsburg. I've seen him bend, fabricate and weld just about anything. He makes bumpers and nerfs for sprint cars. Other than those 2 items, he can make just about anything.
I would love to have lunch with you and your wife. Hope you enjoyed sprint week. Take care!

Chad Smith

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: 1st, 5JMOFFATTFAN!, Stocko23
7/25/12, 9:18 AM   #7
Morgan7m

Chad,
I had a great time meeting you and spending time with you while we were doing the motor change in the MDC Shop after the win at Terre Haute. I also enjoyed the time at the various tracks during ISW where we worked together. Keep up the great work of supporting drivers in every way that you can. I know that you get satisfaction being a part of these 3 teams and I firmly believe that you invest your money and time very wisely with these 3 professionals. It would be so nice for others out there that love sprint car racing to step up a little and invest in their favorite driver or drivers.

Look at the fact that everyone calls the 3 teams your involved in as "Low Budget", which they are, compared to others out there but these 3 drivers are truly winners as well as their teams.

Myself, I feel that my investment these last 2 weeks in "The Modern Day Cowboy" was a wise one. My equipment has sat on the front row of a WOO A-Main this year and has been very successful in the WOO and MOWA races we have ran. It has been a great experiance teaming with "MDC" and getting back to some nonwing racing here around Tere Haute.

Chad, I look forward to working with you in supporting "MDC" and getting him back into Victory Lane on a regular basis. Keep up the good work and we appreciate your dedication and sacrifice.
Ray
Last edited by Morgan7m; 7/25/12 at 9:37 AM. Reason: not finished

1 member likes this post: crow
7/25/12, 3:12 PM   #8
WheelSTANd

Ray,
That is nice of you to speak up and show your appreciation to Chad. We had a nice conversation last night. What a great guy he is. I had him on speakerphone and he had my wife and I in tears, happy and appreciative ones. He's one funny guy and has some good stories. He has his goals set and I am anxious to see him in 5 years. I asked him why he didn't just buy a car and have someone run it. His response was "If and when I buy a car and have an operation, I want top notch equipment. A good motor, new tires, etc is a must. I don't expect a good driver to come race for me if I have a 700 hp motor and use old tires for the feature". In my opinion, he's doing the right and "cheap" thing. Unlike 90% of fans, he knows what kind of $ goes into a car. He told me he helped Daron a little bit last year and earlier this year, but with Daron not running much, he hasn't been able to do much. I didn't hear 1 negative thing come out of his mouth in our 30 minute conversation. He didn't complain, bash drivers, bash race tracks, nothing. I would love to get a hold of whoever runs Jackslash.com to do a mini doc on Chad. Every race fan should go up and shake this "kid's" hand at the track. His love for the sport is truely amazing. Ray I noticed your name on Daron's car as well. I wish you guys the best of luck this year. Daron is quite the treat to watch on the track to say the least!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
7/25/12, 3:34 PM   #9
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmith View Post
Sorry I didn't return your messages. I just now realized I had 4 inbox messages in there!! I don't own a shop, nor a racecar. I've been sponsoring Chase all year and started helping Jon at the beginning of ISW. I'm just a single, 28 year old guy that loves racing. I have been blessed with a good job that allows me to work 7 days a week for the most part. I make it to as many weekend races as I can, whether it's USAC or not. I work 2nd shift, so I can only make the weekend shows. The fuel that goes into Jon and Chase's car is sponsored by me. It's probably one of the most expensive sponsorships, but I love the sport and love to help these guys. Chase Stockon is a great young driver that always makes the show. He had a great 2012 ISW. He is the most appreciative guy you'll ever meet. Whether I buy him 10 drums of menthol or a valve stem, he appreciates EVERYTHING and it's a good feeling. Chase is by far the lowest budget team that runs 100% of the USAC shows.

I have been friends with Jon for about 6 months now. It started off by talking about RC racing. I've always been a huge fan of his. Everyone thinks that these car owners have unlimited $. They don't. Dan Roberts and Daryl Tate own the 21x, and both appreciate everything I do for them. Having a fuel sponsor like me takes weight off their back and allows them to spend their money elsewhere, like freshening motors and such.

Well, I've probably put half of you guys to sleep by now. Goodbye for now.

Posted via Mobile Device
It doesn't get any better than that folks. Thanks, Chad!

2 members like this post: Team T, WheelSTANd
7/25/12, 4:00 PM   #10
WheelSTANd

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
It doesn't get any better than that folks. Thanks, Chad!
You're exactly right. I sent the owner of Jackslash a private message on here. I, along with many of my friends and fellow race fans, would love them to do a mini documentary on Chad. I had a 30 minute conversation with him last night and man what a guy he is. EVERYONE needs to meet this "kid" and I think Jackslash could atleast get his name and face out there. He is one funny dude and is a fan like no other. He seems to be far from shy, so a documentary on him would be inspiring AND entertaining.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chad Smith Motorsports?