IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do other groups handle this?
10/12/10, 8:02 AM   #11
Re: How do other groups handle this?
Hubie

are you not the same guy who was giving manner lessons to somebody for not following protocol during the National Anthem?

I'm getting a drama queen vibe

10/12/10, 9:51 PM   #12
Bad Dad 54

Nope Hubie not me.

10/12/10, 10:49 PM   #13
Need For Speed

I don't know what went on to prompt the original post, and my following comments are not related to the incident barely described in the original post:

Saying there is absolutely no room in racing for a fight................what??

Jack Hewitt has busted a few guys in their mouth over the years...are you saying you don't like Jack?

Bob Kinser was also known to drill a guy if he had it comin'...you don't like Bob?

AJ Foyt 'b1tched slapped' Arie Luyendyke several years ago in an IRL victory lane...and AJ also wasn't one to put up with somebody's BS......you don't like AJ?

The list of drivers who would/did, pop somebody is endless!!

Now then, acting like an idiot, and or just going around punching people is a different story. But a little 'disagreement' every now and then is actually kinda normal at a race track.
Last edited by Need For Speed; 10/12/10 at 10:51 PM.

10/13/10, 5:26 PM   #14
dirtracer74

Again, who, or what are you talking about? Judging from sprintracer82, I think I know what you are talking about. If it is what I am thinking, neither poster has any complaint. Especially sprintracer82. Also, the original poster had neutral party eye witnesses tell a different story. Not to mention this is all more than a month old.

Again, if this is what I am thinking. I know sprintracer82, but no clue who the original poster is. sprintracer82 has issues with every series he has ever tried to run with.

Good luck. I know the whole story, and will gladly share it if you would like to push it.

10/13/10, 6:03 PM   #15
racinround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
With our stock car classes at Perris Auto Speedway, if you are the instigator in a fight, you get a free, automatic 52 week vacation.
What about your Sprint Cars Scott?

10/13/10, 8:00 PM   #16
Bad Dad 54

Need For Speed: Homes used to have outhouses instead of indoor plumbing too, times have changed. Lawyers line up for this kind of crap.
The one driver approached me, at a recent race, his wife also contacted me over the net. Several other people who were there have also talked with me about this. All I asked was how other groups handle these situations. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS PEOPLE I DON’T CARE WHAT HAPPENED. Why do you keep bringing it up

10/14/10, 12:26 AM   #17
wideopen24

Anyone that doesnt think you should be able to pop someone in the mouth after crashing your $60,000 racecar has never owned one... the crazy part is its ok to wheel someone on the race track risking yours and there equipment and the 19-13 other inocent drivers....but if you even walk into another drivers pit you are looked down on by fans.... there is so much as risk very second when it comes to auto racing... i think it may do the sport some good if it was alittle more like the old days...

4 members like this post: 64chevy, K9Racer, MWestfallfan54, Need For Speed
10/14/10, 8:21 AM   #18
tony sessions 17

Well this just does it, i normally don't comment on here but i see a need to say something, If someone wants to fight, they should maybe take up wrestling or boxing, Landon when you say someone should get punched in the mouth, you are setting a tone you will have to contend with all next season, i remember just a few short years ago you drove in on me way over you head in turns 1 and 2 at gas city, tore alot up on my car and hit me in the elbow, i remember you walking down to my pits and saying sorry, now Landin should i have punched you in the mouth or showed you mercy like Jesus Christ wants all of us to do! I was out of commission all of the 2010 race season because of another driver who welched on a contract of racing my car and destroying it, well i had every right to "Punch him in the mouth" and or sue him, i chose neither and decided to show him mercy and forgiveness, my point being if we can't show each other mercy , forgiveness, and grace, and are worried about getting our cars tore up,we shouldn't be on the race track. This is not intended to offend anyone or try to call you out Landon, but i just don't understand what punching someone in the mouth does, it doesn't change the situation and the cars are still tore up, now you just added a bloody lip, everyone should man up and go down to someones pits and offer help and an appology for what happened.

7 members like this post: ACP, REH24, Sausage, SCOTT M, SPRINTCAR, TNRustler
10/14/10, 9:02 AM   #19
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinround View Post
What about your Sprint Cars Scott?
Our Sprint Car shows are all under someone else's sanction (USAC/CRA, ASCS and California Lightning Sprint Cars). That is up to those governing bodies to hand out discipline to their respective drivers & crews if there is an incident.

10/14/10, 12:32 PM   #20
wideopen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony sessions 17 View Post
Well this just does it, i normally don't comment on here but i see a need to say something, If someone wants to fight, they should maybe take up wrestling or boxing, Landon when you say someone should get punched in the mouth, you are setting a tone you will have to contend with all next season, i remember just a few short years ago you drove in on me way over you head in turns 1 and 2 at gas city, tore alot up on my car and hit me in the elbow, i remember you walking down to my pits and saying sorry, now Landin should i have punched you in the mouth or showed you mercy like Jesus Christ wants all of us to do! I was out of commission all of the 2010 race season because of another driver who welched on a contract of racing my car and destroying it, well i had every right to "Punch him in the mouth" and or sue him, i chose neither and decided to show him mercy and forgiveness, my point being if we can't show each other mercy , forgiveness, and grace, and are worried about getting our cars tore up,we shouldn't be on the race track. This is not intended to offend anyone or try to call you out Landon, but i just don't understand what punching someone in the mouth does, it doesn't change the situation and the cars are still tore up, now you just added a bloody lip, everyone should man up and go down to someones pits and offer help and an appology for what happened.

Tony I still can't believe how much grace you showed me that night at Gas City... You are a great man and I cant thank you enough for how you handled that situation with me! you taught me alot that night about how to be forgiving.... I didnt mean to make it sounds like I promote fighting... or that it solves anything.. I have just seen to many times this year were a driver has taking his frustration out on the track and cause others to be involved... I hate the idea of someone risking the live of others just to prove a point on the track.. and thats were i say a pop in the mouth would be a better choice but still not the right one!

P.S. If it was like the old ass i would probly get my butt kicked alot... so i should be thankfull its not!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do other groups handle this?