IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do other groups handle this?
10/10/10, 10:32 PM   #1
How do other groups handle this?
Bad Dad 54

A driver not only assaulted my husband on the track but he came into our pit and grabbed him by the throat which in most people's book is also assault. Also this driver was in my face treating me and calling me just rotten names. If (Race Organization) want to set the presidents that it is ok to assault, wreck other peoples cars in a cautions and hit each other after the races are done, then that is what (Race Organization) is going to be know for.

10/10/10, 11:02 PM   #2
Re: How do other groups handle this?
sprintracer82

Well you can count on the fact that you will never see either of my cars ever show up for one of these events ever again. I have see this happen many times as well as been on the receiving end. I know that many fans will be traveling farther from home to see nonwinged racing because of this. In todays economy there is no room for this kind of action. My season was ended early from this kind of experience. With a driver like this nobody is safe at a race track.

10/11/10, 8:24 AM   #3
JEFFSTOY

what group and where at

2 members like this post: Geoff Kaiser, Isaac Chapple Racing
10/11/10, 9:41 AM   #4
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad dad 54 View Post
a driver not only assaulted my husband on the track but he came into our pit and grabbed him by the throat which in most people's book is also assault. Also this driver was in my face treating me and calling me just rotten names. If (race organization) want to set the presidents that it is ok to assault, wreck other peoples cars in a cautions and hit each other after the races are done, then that is what (race organization) is going to be know for.
do like putnamville does...if you go to another drivers pit...you will get a vacation...seen it done 3 times this past yr

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
10/11/10, 12:58 PM   #5
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54 View Post
A driver not only assaulted my husband on the track but he came into our pit and grabbed him by the throat which in most people's book is also assault. Also this driver was in my face treating me and calling me just rotten names. If (Race Organization) want to set the presidents that it is ok to assault, wreck other peoples cars in a cautions and hit each other after the races are done, then that is what (Race Organization) is going to be know for.
Call these people (track, assoc., driver) out so maybe something will be done. It is an assault as you explained it. Maybe this driver has done this at other tracks also. The track or association should give drivers like this a vacation from their track. I don't come to a race to see a fight break out. This is not good for young people to see neither.

10/11/10, 1:38 PM   #6
Avon Open Wheel fan

It really would be nice to know the whole story including where and when this happened. Kind of hard to really know whats going on by reading this post since we really do not have the details. This would also give a chance for the officials to either respond to this or to fix it.

Too many times on this board you just get the pieces of a story and its really difficult to follow whats going on.

2 members like this post: Isaac Chapple Racing, jim goerge
10/11/10, 1:54 PM   #7
Scott Daloisio

With our stock car classes at Perris Auto Speedway, if you are the instigator in a fight, you get a free, automatic 52 week vacation.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
10/11/10, 2:29 PM   #8
IBRACN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
With our stock car classes at Perris Auto Speedway, if you are the instigator in a fight, you get a free, automatic 52 week vacation.
As it should be. No room for this kind of stuff in auto racing....NASCAR may want it but we don't need it.

10/11/10, 4:54 PM   #9
SprintManDave

Well it doesn't appear that the poster is willing to fill us in on the details, does it,so maybe they are not telling the whole story.

10/11/10, 11:35 PM   #10
Bad Dad 54

Gee Dave I just posted it last night don't get your shorts in a knot. Didn't feel a novel was necessary, what I posted is what I got from Driver B wife. There was an on track incident where driver A was lapping driver B & he moved down on A = Crash. So during the caution there was an altercation where driver A bashed driver B. Then again after the start forcing driver B off the back stretch, so driver A was sent to the pits. After the race driver A grabbed driver B by the throat & so on. Driver A attacked someone last year at a race. So far only penalty is driver was kicked out of the race. Talked to driver B & he told me he was told to move down (raceiver I guess) so he did & ended up crashing. Driver A has raced at other tracks & associations w/ no problems he is a very talented driver. I have also crewed for him & helped him on his car. I also know driver B very well & would help him too if needed. Don't ask me who, or what or where, people involved are friends of mine I'm just interested in how other places handle these situations. Me I would forfeit all points & money for the night. Add a fine for all in fight & you will appoligize to the club members at drivers meeting. One race suspension for combatants.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Gee Dave I just posted it last night don't get your shorts in a knot. Didn't feel a novel was necessary, what I posted is what I got from Driver B wife. There was an on track incident where driver A was lapping driver B & he moved down on A = Crash. So during the caution there was an altercation where driver A bashed driver B. After the start he forced driver B off the back stretch, so driver A was sent to the pits. After the race driver A grabbed driver B by the throat & so on. Driver A attacked someone last year at a race. So far only penalty is driver A was kicked out of the race. Talked to driver B & he told me he was told to move down (raceiver I guess) so he did & ended up crashing. Driver A has raced at other tracks & associations w/ no problems he is a very talented driver. I have also crewed for him & helped him on his car. I also know driver B very well & would help him too if needed. Don't ask me who, or what or where, people involved are friends of mine I'm just interested in how other places handle these situations. Me I would forfeit all points & money for the night, one race suspension for combatants. Add a fine for all in fight & you will appoligize to the club members at drivers meeting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do other groups handle this?