IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well you guys were right!!!
8/1/10, 1:27 AM   #11
Re: Well you guys were right!!!
rtsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemidgetfan View Post
It's because they're 360s
That was just the 2 day show they run 410,360,sportsman,and hornets on reg shows.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

[QUOTE=jim goerge;187162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtsb View Post
I went to my first sprint car race (wing) up at Skagit Speedway 360 Nationals Friday night since coming back from Sprint Week.Uhhhh what a let down lets play follow the leader no more 3-4 wide no wheelies.I'm all ready planning my trip back and stay even longer next year.You guy's are so fortunate back there you have know idea.I would kill to see those guys race 3-4 nights a week all summer have fun dammit!!![/QU Glad you loved the racing here in Indiana and hope next year will forget bout those wang cars at Eldora and come on down to Haubstadt like everybody told you to do See you next year
Uh ya that was a mistake should of went to Haubstadt for sure still hitting my head against the wall on that one ha ha...

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/1/10, 5:32 AM   #12
Tripcrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstAbvVMC View Post
Normally I would agree, but I saw one of the best midget races at Stoga back in the late 90's when Tony Stewart made a last lap bonzi pass to win by inches over ??? (nobodys ever remembers who ran second).The crowd was going nuts.....

I will be at Calistoga I just hope there will be enough cars for a decent race.

You guys in Indiana seem complain too much. I say quit your complaining at least you guys aren't stuck in Califiornia!!!
Concerning the midget shows @ Calistoga since the Louis Vermeil Classic resumed two years ago (I have been to both races) - I can safely say that they were two of the best midget races I have ever witnessed. Not that I am a fan of the midgets, but both years they were something to behold. The first year, their portion of the double header was just as exciting as the sprint cars. It is a wonderful weekend filled with nothing but great racing at a very historical and beautiful race track.

8/1/10, 9:31 AM   #13
ImissAscot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripcrwn View Post
Concerning the midget shows @ Calistoga since the Louis Vermeil Classic resumed two years ago (I have been to both races) - I can safely say that they were two of the best midget races I have ever witnessed. Not that I am a fan of the midgets, but both years they were something to behold. The first year, their portion of the double header was just as exciting as the sprint cars. It is a wonderful weekend filled with nothing but great racing at a very historical and beautiful race track.
C'mon now Trip, you know better with The PAS being your home track. You really think they have been better than the last couple of National midget races during the Sokola Classic at Perris ? ?

@rtsb A little bit closer trip for you to do would be the Oval Nats. at The PAS 1st weekend of Nov. 4 days in a row (including a free practice night for fan's) anywhere between 40-60 car's (410 non=wing) Quals. the 1st 2 nights and a main EVERY NIGHT! ! Best show on the West Coast hands down

2 members like this post: jerrydt, mowerman
8/1/10, 10:56 AM   #14
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstAbvVMC View Post
You guys in Indiana seem complain too much. I say quit your complaining at least you guys aren't stuck in Califiornia!!!
That's better than being stuck in Connecticut!

8/1/10, 1:50 PM   #15
rtsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissAscot View Post
C'mon now Trip, you know better with The PAS being your home track. You really think they have been better than the last couple of National midget races during the Sokola Classic at Perris ? ?

@rtsb A little bit closer trip for you to do would be the Oval Nats. at The PAS 1st weekend of Nov. 4 days in a row (including a free practice night for fan's) anywhere between 40-60 car's (410 non=wing) Quals. the 1st 2 nights and a main EVERY NIGHT! ! Best show on the West Coast hands down
Yes I know I would like to do that one to it's on a long bucket list is there any way to bring Ascot back the one time I get down there back in the early 80"s there running taxi cabs I was quite bummed.

Planning on doing te Jimmy Sills driving experience soon also in Placerville.

8/1/10, 7:55 PM   #16
Gasman fan 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
Midgets on a half-mile. Somehow I don't think thats going to convince him.
Posted via Mobile Device
All they get is midgets on ass-fault up there in Washington!

Now can one forget those two midget races for the double header at the Louis Vermeil Classic.

Joe

8/2/10, 3:52 PM   #17
Tripcrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissAscot View Post

You're right Ascot, the PAS is my home track, but I grew up in Northern California and attended many races @ West Capital, San Jose Speedway (both Tully Road and the fairgrounds), Baylands, Stockton and of course Calistoga.

Two years ago I returne to Calistoga (it had been more than 30 years) for the Louis Vermeil Classic and this will be our third trip up North this year. Believe me when I say that in both years the midgets were crazy good! Especially the first year. And yes Darren Hagen's amazing midget win at the PAS was terrific and almost unbelievable. Its all good, but if you haven't made the trip to Calistoga on Labor Day weekend you are really missing out on some great racing and a true historic event.

BTW, haven't missed the Oval Nationals in at least five years and never miss a USAC/CRA show either. Great track with friendly promoter and staff.
Last edited by Tripcrwn; 8/2/10 at 3:57 PM.

8/2/10, 5:29 PM   #18
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

Do what a good portion of us did.... pack your life up and move here! :2: Living in Indiana makes me happy!!

Worst part of it is deciding which track to go to...

3 members like this post: Checker'd Past, mowerman, Mud Packer
8/5/10, 6:26 AM   #19
rtsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinstacie View Post
Do what a good portion of us did.... pack your life up and move here! :2: Living in Indiana makes me happy!!

Worst part of it is deciding which track to go to...
Oh man I couldn't deal with your guy's heat or humidity.I'm born and raised in Washington State I like my 77 deg weather with hardly any humidity all summer which is only July and Aug ha ha..

If I did move there that would be a hard decision on what tracks to go to for sure.

8/6/10, 3:19 PM   #20
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtsb View Post
I went to my first sprint car race (wing) up at Skagit Speedway 360 Nationals Friday night since coming back from Sprint Week.Uhhhh what a let down lets play follow the leader no more 3-4 wide no wheelies.I'm all ready planning my trip back and stay even longer next year.You guy's are so fortunate back there you have know idea.I would kill to see those guys race 3-4 nights a week all summer have fun dammit!!!
I know exactly how you feel. We're only able to race, at best, three weekends out of every five due to my son's work schedule, which leaves plenty of opportunity to watch the winged racing here in and around Houston. After being continually disappointed with the follow-the-leader "action" that winged racing offers, I made the decision a couple of years ago to stop going to those races if I didn't have someone to help. This came at my wife's suggestion after hearing, for the umpteenth time, how disgusted I was to have spent $25-30 bucks for a race that was essentially over after the first five laps.

I will say, however, that the Houston WOO show was rather entertaining with Sides and Saldana going at it from start to finish.

Tim Simmons

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well you guys were right!!!