IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well you guys were right!!!
7/31/10, 8:05 PM   #1
Well you guys were right!!!
rtsb

I went to my first sprint car race (wing) up at Skagit Speedway 360 Nationals Friday night since coming back from Sprint Week.Uhhhh what a let down lets play follow the leader no more 3-4 wide no wheelies.I'm all ready planning my trip back and stay even longer next year.You guy's are so fortunate back there you have know idea.I would kill to see those guys race 3-4 nights a week all summer have fun dammit!!!

2 members like this post: 64chevy, jim goerge
7/31/10, 8:13 PM   #2
Re: Well you guys were right!!!
bbhjtreece@hotmail.com

Its nice seeing people from different parts of the states enjoying the best racing period.Come to indiana anytime and you can see the non wing guys put on the best racing show every weekend.

7/31/10, 8:16 PM   #3
rtsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtsb View Post
I went to my first sprint car race (wing) up at Skagit Speedway 360 Nationals Friday night since coming back from Sprint Week.Uhhhh what a let down lets play follow the leader no more 3-4 wide no wheelies.I'm all ready planning my trip back and stay even longer next year.You guy's are so fortunate back there you have know idea.I would kill to see those guys race 3-4 nights a week all summer have fun dammit!!!

I forgot to put this track is North of Seattle if you guys were wondering.

7/31/10, 10:56 PM   #4
Gasman fan 50

Come down to Calistoga Labor day weekend. Sprints and midgets on the 1/2 mile/

7/31/10, 11:36 PM   #5
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Midgets on a half-mile. Somehow I don't think thats going to convince him.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/1/10, 12:08 AM   #6
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman fan 50 View Post
Come down to Calistoga Labor day weekend. Sprints and midgets on the 1/2 mile/
Just about on my way Joe!!...no way I'll miss it...usually we hit Suzies on Fri....don't know how this yrs. will be better than 1st two!!...but hopin so.......

8/1/10, 12:41 AM   #7
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtsb View Post
I forgot to put this track is North of Seattle if you guys were wondering.
I loved going to Skagit. We were stationed in the Navy on Whidbey Island from 1993 to 1996, and tried to make it to Skagit as much as we could. That's where two of my kids saw their first race. We still have the toddler sized Skagit Speedway shirt that we bought for my daughter when she was two. She is entering her senior year of high school in two weeks, where has the time gone?

8/1/10, 1:07 AM   #8
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I just shot the Outlaws for the first time ever last night. Last time I seen them was eight years ago. Everyone up here asks me what I thought, how it was... All I can think of is seeing non-wing down in Indiana back in April at Gas City and LPS...

For the Wang lovers:http://www.apexonephoto.com/World-of...ws-Sprint-Cars

8/1/10, 1:13 AM   #9
JstAbvVMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
Midgets on a half-mile. Somehow I don't think thats going to convince him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Normally I would agree, but I saw one of the best midget races at Stoga back in the late 90's when Tony Stewart made a last lap bonzi pass to win by inches over ??? (nobodys ever remembers who ran second).The crowd was going nuts.....

I will be at Calistoga I just hope there will be enough cars for a decent race.

You guys in Indiana seem complain too much. I say quit your complaining at least you guys aren't stuck in Califiornia!!!

1 member likes this post: mowerman
8/1/10, 1:14 AM   #10
jim goerge

[QUOTE=rtsb;187078]I went to my first sprint car race (wing) up at Skagit Speedway 360 Nationals Friday night since coming back from Sprint Week.Uhhhh what a let down lets play follow the leader no more 3-4 wide no wheelies.I'm all ready planning my trip back and stay even longer next year.You guy's are so fortunate back there you have know idea.I would kill to see those guys race 3-4 nights a week all summer have fun dammit!!![/QU Glad you loved the racing here in Indiana and hope next year will forget bout those wang cars at Eldora and come on down to Haubstadt like everybody told you to do See you next year

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well you guys were right!!!