IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Power of Prayer Needed
5/9/09, 1:26 AM   #21
Re: Power of Prayer Needed
IndyBound

Most recent update on Billy, they have been treating him with antibiotics to prevent Pneumonia. Yesterday Billy had a tracheoyomy as well as a feeding tube inserted. The operation went well.

They have currently pulled back on some of his meds and they say that he is not in that sedated sleep currently, he is in a coma. Today I received a call that one of the nurses saw him open his eyes.

Billy continues to need all of the prayers we can send his way. He has a long battle ahead of him.

I would also like to ask you to do something else, please think about your family, friends and neighbors ask yourself how many of these people live alone? How often do you check on them or talk to them? What happend to Billy reminded me when one of our crewmens Dad's died while his son was on vaction. Bruce was an only child and no one found his Dad for a week until he returned from vaction. From what I am hearing the doctors feel Billy could have been in a coma for 24 hours before he was found.

Living in an active adult community we tend to all look out for one another, I also realize it is a support network that not everyone has and some people may find an invasion of privacy. My suggestion, if you know someone that lives alone ask them if they have someone that checks on them everyday and if they would like you to do that for them.
My neighbors across the street had a little twist in that way of thinking, they came to me one day and asked if I would mind if they heard my dog barking if they came to check on us. At first I was a little taken back by what they were asking, I didn't know them very well at the time. Actually the breed of dog I have is usually very vocal, mine never uses his voice, however he did test this friendship once. I don't remember what set him off but one day sure enough my neighbors were at the door because Davey was barking unusually loud, they came to show an act of kindess and make sure we were all right. That is what I would like you all to do if you don't all ready have a support network with the people in your lives start one, someday you might save their life.

Thank you again for praying for Billy,

Patti

5/9/09, 1:37 AM   #22
zeroracer

Thoughts and prayers go to Billy and his entire Family

5/9/09, 9:28 AM   #23
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Patti,

Thanks for the update. You are correct that it will be a long road for Billy and especially for his family. Days seem like weeks when a loved one is battling for their life. You also bring up a good point about checking on folks living by themselves. Remember, they don't have to be elderly for something very bad to happen. You could be saving a life.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/9/09, 10:43 AM   #24
dberrio

is billy the the one that is a salesman for a forklift company up in the syracuce area ?

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

my prayers and thoughts are sent to billy, family,and the whole # 32 racing team.I am stunned to hear this bad news. his happy go lucky personality is infectious. I pray for a quick recovery for him.
Last edited by dberrio; 5/9/09 at 5:52 PM.

5/10/09, 1:42 AM   #25
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberrio View Post
is billy the the one that is a salesman for a forklift company up in the syracuce area ?

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

my prayers and thoughts are sent to billy, family,and the whole # 32 racing team.I am stunned to hear this bad news. his happy go lucky personality is infectious. I pray for a quick recovery for him.
dberrio, I really am not sure where Billy has been working, but he would be working in the Syracuse area and living in Clay, N. Y.. You certainly have described Billy's personality, so your paths surely have crossed at some point. Thank you for your prayers.

Patti

5/10/09, 1:27 PM   #26
Larryoracing

It is a fact that praying for somebody you don't know helps. I don't know why. Just watched a few shows on the power of prayer even to people who you do not know yeilds results. I guess God hears us/all and will reward those who ask for his help/forgiveness.

But remember he only does this because he knows you will return the favor/favor him in your daily lives and help other rather than yourself.

Through this act of kindness all your needs will be answered because you serve him.

God Bless and happy lives ahead.

Larry "O"

5/10/09, 8:38 PM   #27
IndyBound

There has been no change in Billy's condition to report. I will not be able to post any further updates until I get to N. Y. at the end of the week. I feel God is listening to all of our prayers for Billy. Billy is still here fighting instead of the alternative, that tells me God hears us.

God Bless you all,

Patti

5/10/09, 11:47 PM   #28
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
There has been no change in Billy's condition to report. I will not be able to post any further updates until I get to N. Y. at the end of the week. I feel God is listening to all of our prayers for Billy. Billy is still here fighting instead of the alternative, that tells me God hears us.

God Bless you all,

Patti
Patti,

Thanks for the update. I hope you have safe travel to the east coast. Billy remains in my thoughts and prayers.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/16/09, 9:00 AM   #29
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Patti,

Thanks for the update. I hope you have safe travel to the east coast. Billy remains in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Mike, I did manage to dodge all of the tornados in the midwest this past week, an have a safe trip. Billy showed signs of improvement while I was traveling, he has moved both of his hands and feet and has been openning his eyes. He has been dealing with some infections in different parts of his body. Now that we are nearly three weeks into this journey the tone is more upbeat for a positive outcome than the first seventy-two hours were. Right now Billy is taking baby steps towards recovery, it is way to early to tell what long term damage if any he will be left with.

Thank you all for yours prayers, the baby steps Billy has been taking show those prayers are working.

God Bless,

Patti

5/23/09, 8:55 AM   #30
IndyBound

This past week has been filled with positive for Billy, he has been moved out of intensive care, right now they are waiting for a bed to open up on the rehab floor. They have had Billy out of bed several times over the past week, he has to wear a helmet whenever they lift him out of bed to protect the section of his brain where part of the skull has been removed. They feel it will still be several months before the swelling goes down enough to reattach that sction of the skull. He seems to be more responsive to sounds around him, opens his eyes more frequently, has a lot of movement on the left side and the doctors are more positive that Billy will recover.

I was originally told Billy suffered a brian aneurysm when in fact he had a bleeding stroke not an aneurysm. Billy's condition was brought on by hypertension, he also has been diagnosed with diabetes which he never knew he had.

So, throughout this thread I have asked you for several things and once again I am going to ask you for another. Pay attention to your body, if you do not all ready have a regiment of a yearly physical, start one. Many young people in their 30's and 40's think doctors are for the elderly, men especially think they do not need to see a doctor for anything. Remember hypertension and diabetes can kill you, pay attention to your family medical history and by all means have a yearly physical. Also maintain a positive attitude. Many of us on this board have talked openly about cancer and how it has effected our families, the cancer history in my family taught me at an early age the importance of a yearly physical. I can not stress the importance of this enough, start young, it's your life we are talking about. If you think I am trying to scare you, well maybe. I am also talking from experience, I lost an Aunt to cancer at age 52, she didn't believe in going to the doctors so she was six weeks from dying before her cancer was diagnosed. Four years ago my brother-in-law died at the age of 58, he went to the emergeny room on a Thursday not feeling well, they found nothing wrong and sent him home. The following Monday he went to his doctor still having trouble breathing, they took one look at him and sent him back to the hospital, he was admitted and during the night went into cardiac arrest and died. A year later his sister also died in her early 50's from heart trouble.

Please add Billy's Mom to your prayers, she is a six year cancer surviver and has to return to Florida today for some follow ups on her own health, leaving Billy at this time is hard for her.

God Bless You All,

Patti

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Power of Prayer Needed