Indiana Open Wheel
Page 1 of 3

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Power of Prayer Needed (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=16429)

IndyBound 4/30/09 1:03 AM

Power of Prayer Needed

I have seen the strength of the power of prayer on this board, right now a fellow open wheel racer needs that miracle of prayer. I am asking all IOW members to include Billy Day a crewmen on the Danny Soule #32 Supermodified in your prayers. Billy was involved in a car accident a week or two ago and appeared to be fine. This week he was found at home in a coma, he had suffered a brain aneurysm and a stroke. At the age of 42 Billy is fighting for his life right now in a Syracuse hospital.

Over the years I have watched Billy grow from a young child, coming to the races with his parents, into a teenager and then a young man. Our families became even closer when Billy's cousin married my daughter. Billy, his family and the Soule Racing Team need all the love, support and prayer fellow racers can send their way to see them through this difficult time. Please join me in praying to God to grant the racing community yet another miracle.

Thank you,

Patti

Mud Packer 4/30/09 12:22 PM

Re: Power of Prayer Needed

Originally Posted by IndyBound:
I have seen the strength of the power of prayer on this board, right now a fellow open wheel racer needs that miracle of prayer. I am asking all IOW members to include Billy Day a crewmen on the Danny Soule #32 Supermodified in your prayers. Billy was involved in a car accident a week or two ago and appeared to be fine. This week he was found at home in a coma, he had suffered a brain aneurysm and a stroke. At the age of 42 Billy is fighting for his life right now in a Syracuse hospital.

Over the years I have watched Billy grow from a young child, coming to the races with his parents, into a teenager and then a young man. Our families became even closer when Billy's cousin married my daughter. Billy, his family and the Soule Racing Team need all the love, support and prayer fellow racers can send their way to see them through this difficult time. Please join me in praying to God to grant the racing community yet another miracle.

Thank you,

Patti

Patti,

I can vouch for how the power of prayer really works. The folks on this board have taken my family under their wing and have provided comfort and encouragement during a very difficult time in our lives. I will include Billy in my thoughts and prayers and hope he heals quickly and returns to a normal and healthy life ahead. We never know what tomorrow brings so I again mention to tell your loved ones how much you love them each and every day. Thanks Patti for bringing this to our attention.

STP 4/30/09 12:26 PM

I will definitely say a prayer for him.

FishBurger 4/30/09 3:24 PM

Will add him to the list Patti. It works, as we here at IOW know so well.

TeamCGR 4/30/09 4:03 PM

Patti,

We will add Billy to our Prayer Circle this weekend when we compete in Indiana as well as your nightly prayers. I know Billy from our days racing in New York and surrounding areas. He is a strong guy and I am sure fighting like heck for his life. It seems that too many New York Racers and Crew Members have been struck down in the last year.

We have found that the Family of IOW is Strong and the Prayers from the many members do make a difference. Last year was a tough year for several Young Racers in Indiana that suffered devastating injuries and are recovering and getting better every day.

We hope that Billy will hear the prayers that everyone will say for him and his family. God Speed.

Pete Gulick
CGR

RPM Ministries 4/30/09 5:23 PM

... praying ...

IndyBound 4/30/09 7:17 PM

Thank you all for including Billy in your prayers, today he remains in intensive care in an induced coma. As Pete mentioned Billy is a strong person and he surely is fighting like heck to make it through this tough time.

Pete, I wish you luck in Indiana this weekend, hopefully the weather improves.

Mike and Pete, as for the power of prayer on this board I have seen it in action following along with Mike on Andrews journey and especially Cameron Dodson's recovery from his car accident. Mike brought up a good point to remember to tell those you love how much you love them. I would add to that always include those you love in your prayers no matter what stage of life they are in: healthy, ill, live close by, live far away, fighting for our country, protecting us here at home, providing us with our racing thrills on the weekend, etc. etc.. We all to often take for granted the simplest things in life as well as those we love.

Patti

fishnman 4/30/09 10:01 PM

We are praying too.

Kim Reese

pletchfan 4/30/09 10:53 PM

Thanks so much for requesting Prayer Patti. Please know that we are praying and that God is listening. He is in the miracle working business and he has one for your friend. Please keep us posted.

wbr 4/30/09 11:55 PM

Prayers for Billy.