IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th
5/6/10, 5:32 PM   #41
Re: Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed bump View Post
Kokomo & Gas City are the most fan friendly track`s I go to.
This Sunday`s race at KOKOMO and Gas City is $12 front gate.
Could it be thats why they both fill the stand`s every week ??
Plus the racing is better than anyplace else in Indiana except possibly Bloomington.
Also there are USAC drivers there if USAC isn`t running that night.....
I agree with each of your points here ... unfortunately though, those two tracks also have the poorest payout ... ...

5/6/10, 6:07 PM   #42
Big Willy

Don your line of reasoning is flawed in as what you do for a hobby cannot be compared to what someone does for a profession. Case in point, if I was good enough at golf I could support my family from the earnings as a "professional". However, I am not good enough so I do it for fun. As a hobbiest, if I enter a tournament there is an entry fee and if I play well, I can get some cash back and possibly break even or maybe make some money. If you play in a band you are a paid professional. You might still suck but the fact is you are being hired for a gig and thus are paid accordingly. If a bar has karaoke night though you don't get free cover just because you plan to sing do you?

1 member likes this post: racefan20
5/6/10, 6:24 PM   #43
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im going to say something that may get me bashed *AGAIN*

I don't get it? I mean I get the pit gate price was a little pricey but, I haven't seen so much ANTI RACING chatter being spouted in a long time.

You don't want ASCT and AMCT to thrive? You don't want Mason Fleetwood or John Gurley to succeed? WHY? I know both have worked their asses off to try to make something happen and have succeeded many times in the past. Maybe Im ignorant to a lot of things going on, I don't know?
I get to see SPrints and Midgets on the same dirt track maybe Six times a year and thats providing I could make em all, It's actually like about three I get to see.

So A fan considering going to Twin Cities sees, EVERYBODYS PISSED and isn't going to be there because of WHATEVER??????????

I and a few hundred of my FAN FRIENDS DOn't show up because of it, thinking low counts, not quality cars ect? Guess what? Next time you race you'll be paying your own WHOLE PURSE or you won't be racing at all.

Chuck, who'd just like to see some good sprint and midget competition as often as possible.

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Finish-LineMM, Russ
5/6/10, 6:48 PM   #44
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im going to say something that may get me bashed *AGAIN*

I don't get it? I mean I get the pit gate price was a little pricey but, I haven't seen so much ANTI RACING chatter being spouted in a long time.

You don't want ASCT and AMCT to thrive? You don't want Mason Fleetwood or John Gurley to succeed? WHY? I know both have worked their asses off to try to make something happen and have succeeded many times in the past. Maybe Im ignorant to a lot of things going on, I don't know?
I get to see SPrints and Midgets on the same dirt track maybe Six times a year and thats providing I could make em all, It's actually like about three I get to see.

So A fan considering going to Twin Cities sees, EVERYBODYS PISSED and isn't going to be there because of WHATEVER??????????

I and a few hundred of my FAN FRIENDS DOn't show up because of it, thinking low counts, not quality cars ect? Guess what? Next time you race you'll be paying your own WHOLE PURSE or you won't be racing at all.

Chuck, who'd just like to see some good sprint and midget competition as often as possible.
Consider yourself BASHED

Z-man thinking he'll have yet another cold adult beverage while watching the drama unfold on IOW concerning the ASCT.

Had to do it Chuck.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
5/6/10, 7:11 PM   #45
kcarm92

this is just to let mason or anyone else know how driving two classes works if i bring to cars i have to pay someone else way in that would not be going if i didnt need them to bring second car (not in the same class)as far as tow money to someone that bring 2 or 3 cars insame trailer one guy cant drive all the cars in same class so thats your fault if you pay them. and as adriver that races multiple classes i dont always own the cars and drive for % now you tell me i have to buy another pit pass . brownstown does charge but not full price,lps bloom,tri-state,gas city does not lawerceburg? lps didnt even in D.A. ownership GOOD LUCK JOHN ON YOUR FIRST RACE SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GONNA NEED IT

5/6/10, 8:55 PM   #46
john3g

One last time.....there is no extra pit pass charge!!!!!!!!
We have even droped the pit pass to $30 to help all involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else can i do???!!!!??? Tires are $155 fuel is $2.40 a gallon the purse is the best in the biz for may 8th!!!!!!!! Our sprint count is well over 30 our midget count is still balancing around 18 full midgets.....so i ask again.....what else can i do. This is the racers best opportunity to get a decent pay for their efforts. I just wonder with drivers we have how could not look at our deal as a fan?? I want to thank all the drivers that have called me thanking me for this series and for giving me their support. If your a fan you make the call. Enough chatter i just want to get this thing started. Join us if you like, we would love to have you....
Last edited by john3g; 5/6/10 at 8:58 PM.

7 members like this post: 767, awnunn, D.O., Finish-LineMM, Race Poor, SPRINTCAR, TQ29m
5/6/10, 9:22 PM   #47
Race Poor

I wish I knew how to appropriately respond to all the babies on here. Go for it ASCT and ASMT, and thank you for giving my son more options as he gets older. PM me if we can help in any way!!! It is just racing folks!!!

5/6/10, 9:46 PM   #48
motsingerracing44

atleast we have a place to race and have fun but im sure that its not cheap for these guys to put these shows on like this but with the hut 100 going on its going to be hard to get cars there any way

5/7/10, 8:54 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
One last time.....there is no extra pit pass charge!!!!!!!!
We have even droped the pit pass to $30 to help all involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else can i do???!!!!??? Tires are $155 fuel is $2.40 a gallon the purse is the best in the biz for may 8th!!!!!!!! Our sprint count is well over 30 our midget count is still balancing around 18 full midgets.....so i ask again.....what else can i do. This is the racers best opportunity to get a decent pay for their efforts. I just wonder with drivers we have how could not look at our deal as a fan?? I want to thank all the drivers that have called me thanking me for this series and for giving me their support. If your a fan you make the call. Enough chatter i just want to get this thing started. Join us if you like, we would love to have you....

Jon keep up the good work. Several of us won't show up because of the Fleetwoods, not u guys.

5/7/10, 2:51 PM   #50
dirtshirt

If The TNT Bandit tour Wasnt 150 miles from my house ,I would do the 900 mile trip to Twin Cities .The tracks in the south i attend do charge double for driver driving other classes .The FLEETWOODS have always treated me well. I have been to over 250 tracks ,First sprint race was in 1962 at Imperial Winter Nationals for CRA Sprints .First race i remember attending with my Dad was 1950s at Sunbrock speedway Orlando ,Fa.Emile Ruiteman was my favorite in a 34 chevy coupe.00 same has his son Buzzie .All of you please attend a race track this weekend.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th