IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th
5/6/10, 1:19 AM   #21
Re: Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th
Finish-LineMM

For everyone involved... Nobody has to purchase 2 pit passes. There are rules in place that allow the sprint class to also pull double duty in the midget event, this is done with 1 pit pass. This whole problem has started because the MINI SPRINTS arent allowed to compete in both events. They have had to choose, MMSA or AMCT. As for the price of pit passes, this was a must do. The prices are raised for this event due to the payout. The sprints and midgets are guaranteed tow money. This could not be done without a small increase in pass price. REMEMBER alot of series are now charging entry fees for this kind of event. We don't believe in entry fees, and will do everything possible to refrain from them. I would also like people to understand this is an event where the ASCT has had to lease this facility. Leases aren't free, they cost.
THANKS,
BIG JIM

5/6/10, 5:55 AM   #22
Midget18

Jim,

Do I have to pay for 2 Pit Passes If I am running a mini sprint with MMSA and a Midget with you guys. This is pretty much what the Sprint/Midget guys are doing. The same car will not be used. One will be a 1000cc Mini Sprint with MMSA and a full size midget with you guys!!!! Thank you

5/6/10, 6:44 AM   #23
speed bump

Kokomo & Gas City are the most fan friendly track`s I go to.
This Sunday`s race at KOKOMO and Gas City is $12 front gate.
Could it be thats why they both fill the stand`s every week ??
Plus the racing is better than anyplace else in Indiana except possibly Bloomington.
Also there are USAC drivers there if USAC isn`t running that night.....

1 member likes this post: GregD
5/6/10, 7:58 AM   #24
v8j

Mr Fleetwood I work for a team and do not have a dog in this race,but this is I can not believe you do not have control over your track.$35 is a little over board and would not attend or work a race at that back gate price.

5/6/10, 8:30 AM   #25
DonMoore10

IOWheelers... This promotion/promoter actually looks like a true saint compared to other operations. As a whole this promotion from top to bottom pays much better than any other regional promotion BY FAR and there are several perks that will allow the racer to save money over the long haul. I think the double pit pass deal has been explained and isn't an issue.

I can tell you this. If you race a POWRi event and are a non member, you will pay a $50 entry fee plus $30 for a pit pass. Two years ago, I attended a regional winged sprint car pavement show at Mansfield Speedway and the pit pass was $40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the purse they were paying the winged guys was less than the purse being offered by ASCT. Two years ago I paid a $100 entry fee at Tri City Speedway, Pontoon, IL and got back $30 at the end of the evening and I had to call the promoters, the Gundakers three times to get it. If you are a non member of USAC, you are going to pay an entry fee of $40 PLUS a $35 pit pass and they are paying (along with POWRi) $50 tow money. ASCT is offering TWICE that if you don't make the show. That is the best deal in America for sprints and midgets as far as I know.

Also, $100-150 to race in Tulsa and the promoters make you buy their electricity. Yeah.. ur reading this correctly. You have to buy their electric. And they are dieing to get in that place, spend their life savings and walk out with pockets empty with a smile on their face.

1 member likes this post: Finish-LineMM
5/6/10, 8:51 AM   #26
twincitiespr

I would like to try and explain why a driver who runs multiple classes has to purchase a pit pass for each class ran.

1. Tow money is paid out to each driver and that usually covers pit pass price.

2. A track wouldn't survive very long if it allowed drivers to run multiple classes with only 1 pit pass. No more fans, pit crew coming in for that 2nd or maybe even a 3rd car = no more money to pay out.

Anyone within reason should understand that you can't payout more money if you are not bringing in more money.

Someone mentioned "with the way the economy is"......exactly, pit counts have not been as high the past couple of seasons = even less revenue so how can we be expected to pay for a driver to run multiple classes with only paying the same price another driver pays to just run 1 class. The math don't add up. This is not meant to penalize anyone. Like I mentioned before, tow money usually covers the price of the extra pit pass.

Mason mentioned previously that we did not set the gate price. But guys have you not seen the purse payouts for the ASCT & AMCT features plus the tow money? That is some pretty healthy payouts all the way through to even the start money and tow money.

Also, we have never hosted a Indiana Sprint Week show in the past.....if you purchase a pit pass at Twin Cities, you have free range between grandstands and pits.

Tawnya Fleetwood
Twin Cities Raceway Park
Last edited by twincitiespr; 5/6/10 at 9:00 AM. Reason: signed my name

5/6/10, 9:05 AM   #27
Cincy Dirt Bowl

If the track has been leased by the ASCT then why do the TC rules apply to the mini sprints. Twin Cities say its the ASCT for the high pit pass prices, and the ASCT says its the track not allowing 2 classes and the charging of 2 pit passes. Whose is in charge? I guess just Pass the buck and make the racer pay for it!
If the minis are really a Twin Cities class then why do we have to pay the extra pit pass money for the ASCT? We can't take advantage of what the ASCT says they are charging for, plus I thought I was running with the MMSA at Twin Cities. If minis are a Twin Cities class then why do I have to pay a MMSA entry fee?

1 member likes this post: Jrp4554
5/6/10, 9:20 AM   #28

Heck of a way for a track to treat someone leasing there facility. Just have to consider the source. Good luck ASCT will see u guys somewhere this season.

5/6/10, 10:05 AM   #29
Jrp4554

Do you have to start the B main to receive two money from the AMCT or will you get it just for running the heat?

5/6/10, 11:12 AM   #30
Finish-LineMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget18 View Post
Jim,

Do I have to pay for 2 Pit Passes If I am running a mini sprint with MMSA and a Midget with you guys. This is pretty much what the Sprint/Midget guys are doing. The same car will not be used. One will be a 1000cc Mini Sprint with MMSA and a full size midget with you guys!!!! Thank you
No you will be covered with 1 pit pass. Hope this helps..

BIG JIM

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
Do you have to start the B main to receive two money from the AMCT or will you get it just for running the heat?
With the AMCT tow money, you must complete atleast 1 lap of a heat race to qualify.

Thanks,
BIG JIM

1 member likes this post: Jrp4554
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th