IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion
6/25/13, 11:47 PM   #11
Re: Need your opinion
racephoto1

Seems to me he has an ax to grind. I haven't been to a northern dirt track yet,this year, conflicts with my Bloomington stuff.
Having attended both speed plants before, and knowing how it's done at both of them, he's a preacher who seems to be rather untruthful at best. I know what they're both like, and this definitely doesn't describe them.

As for no racing on Friday at Gas City because of a Wednesday special, don't blame someone else for your laziness. Check the schedule before you leave, it isn't that hard, I do it every time I leave to go to the track.(Lately unfortunately, I've checked the weather RADAR more.)

6/25/13, 11:57 PM   #12
Spi-nex

If someone can so grossly misinterpret the hospitality, production, & quality of an O'Connor racetrack, I seriously doubt their ability to be a knowledgeable pastor....

6/26/13, 12:04 AM   #13
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

So he writes a story for an internet site and complains about having to check the same internet for a tracks schedule? Sounds a bit odd to me???

6/26/13, 12:34 AM   #14
Pat O'Connor Fan

I will likely catch doodoo from someone for this: Judging by the shirts they are wearing in the photo, they really don't go to sprint car tracks.
Yeah, I know someone will be compelled to remind me that the track champion in the V8 60 class at the track in Lower Elbonia proves that they wear the correct shirts to Central Indiana dirt track sprint car events.
Yeah, I know about the ever-popular and ever-growing Ford Fungus midget series, but I'm waiting for Honda to dominate all USAC racing as they already do in the Heavy Honda class in .25 Midgets. (I'm sorry, Honda).
Last edited by Pat O'Connor Fan; 6/26/13 at 12:35 AM. Reason: just wanted to add that I just might be a cynical old poop

6/26/13, 2:08 AM   #15
jim goerge

Think maybe theres another Kokomo he;s talking about cuz thats not the one I have been too

6/26/13, 5:40 AM   #16
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
He is probably much too busy but he might also check the schedules of Gas City & Bloomington and compare them. I believe that Gas City takes 4 Friday nights off this year and runs through the end of September. Bloomington also has 4 Friday nights off and is shuttered after their Labor Day weekend show. I would also like to know how many of those August Sunday nights he was in the stands at Kokomo when they did run and broke even or lost money.
To bad he didnt go to Bloomington and Lawrenceburg last weekend. He would have been like the Maytag repairman at both of them.How would he have explained that in his column?

I hope he has given up trying to race sprint cars. A year or 2 ago he drove Jamie Fredrickson's sprinter at Kokomo,and I thought he was going to take out half the field (or more) that night. I cringed everytime they pushed him off that night. His story on that is a bit further down.

I must admit,I usually dont read his column.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 6/26/13 at 5:42 AM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
6/26/13, 8:12 AM   #17
robert gatten

He should learn to never voice your opinion about track prep as it will always get some ones panties in a bunch. As for free admission, if you want to see the show you should pay the price and help support the sport. Getting in free then writing negative articles about the place just not right.

6/26/13, 8:18 AM   #18
cjaxx1987

Race Count This Year: 29
Race Count Last Year: Lost Count!

Sounds like he's mad they didnt get an easy free pass and weren't catered to at Kokomo or Gas City. Also you dont have to live on the net to know when a track runs, just pick up a schedule or maybe if you had some racing friends they would let you in on when tracks were and werent running...

6/26/13, 10:31 AM   #19
reeserx

My two cents: crybaby!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/26/13, 10:44 AM   #20
dirtcarfan

Just read the article. The guy had better pray that he doesn't get his butt kicked! What a fool! If you go on a trip, shouldn't you check to make sure events are happening? If you don't use a computer(?), USE A PHONE!
My Father owned a track in the upper midwest and track prep was a week long ordeal.
My suggestion, oldtimer?? Stick to the thing that you might be good at... NO-THING!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion