IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion
6/25/13, 8:45 PM   #1
Need your opinion
Jerry Spencer

Not sure what to think of the new article Pastor Dudley has posted on HoseHeads, the part I do not get is about track prep at Kokomo.

Read it and tell me what you think.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon/Colescotts Mobil-1

6/25/13, 9:28 PM   #2
Re: Need your opinion
Koonzee

Sounds like he copped an attitude when they didn't kiss his butt at the pitgate.I know I hate it when I have to anti up for the collection plate,myself.

6/25/13, 9:34 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Obviously the Pastor has more knowledge about owning a race track and promoting auto racing than most men of the cloth. Seems he pokes his head into race tracks and can immediately see the greatness of the tracks south of highway 40 and all of the pitfalls of Gas City & Kokomo. Perhaps Pastor Dudley should share those opinions from the drivers and crews rather than bring it up and then not print them. I guess that he heard that during a confession and not able to relay that information.

He is probably much too busy but he might also check the schedules of Gas City & Bloomington and compare them. I believe that Gas City takes 4 Friday nights off this year and runs through the end of September. Bloomington also has 4 Friday nights off and is shuttered after their Labor Day weekend show. I would also like to know how many of those August Sunday nights he was in the stands at Kokomo when they did run and broke even or lost money.

He seems to know a lot about track prep. I guess that Reece O'Connor could take a lession or two from him. He seems to think that Kokomo has problems in that area yet he doesn't offer any knowledge on how to prepare the surface.

Also interesting to know would be how much the good Rev pays for the credentials to get into the track. Probably gets in for free as a "man of the cloth". I would recommend Pastor Dudley might just consider buying Gas City/I-69 Speedway since it is for sale. He seems to know how it needs to be run. Perfect opportunity to either put up or shut up.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/25/13, 9:35 PM   #4
Racer12

What a hyprocite! Some class act there, maybe try and speak with the promoters when its not a race day.

Bob

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Mud Packer
6/25/13, 10:10 PM   #5
MIKE69

Jerry, I'm not sure what he means about Kokomo track prep. Most of the time Kokomo's track is the best prepared track in Indiana. I guess he don't like the cars wheel packing the surface. A couple tracks he mentioned as being so great are nothing but dry slick dust bowls. They don't get through hot laps without blowing dust and laying rubber down in the heat races. I do think the tracks are fan friendly and care for fans and racers but their track prep is terrible. Just my opinion.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dickster, mowerman, The Old Coyote
6/25/13, 10:30 PM   #6
19racer

I couldnt find it.. have a link or the title?

6/25/13, 10:32 PM   #7
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19racer View Post
I couldnt find it.. have a link or the title?
Here is the link Jim.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dudley.html

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/25/13, 10:35 PM   #8
19racer

thanks
sounds like they should check the schedule for august or any time for any track. Guess you have to have on complainer in the bunch. I have been guilty of driving to tracks and they be off for whatever reason its no ones fault but mine cause I didnt check before I left. I think track prep is great and you cant always have a perfect night cause if there was what would they complain about
Last edited by 19racer; 6/25/13 at 10:46 PM.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
6/25/13, 11:31 PM   #9
Danny Burton

My personal Kokomo experience has been nothing like this.

It's easy. No credentials, no story. Pay up, put the notebook aside and enjoy anyway.

www.hoseheads.com

Hawkeye Racing News

Flat Out Magazine

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

6/25/13, 11:46 PM   #10
Jrp4554

What an idiot. If he doesn't like kokomo, don't go. There will be someone glad to take his place.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: interpreter66, oldfan49, speed bump, The Old Coyote
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion