IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!
1/5/11, 10:24 AM   #31
Re: Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
More than likely it was the one cop that was there and freaked out. It's Union County. I live here, and see it every day. It's called small town with a few cops getting bored.

Until there is a fire at the donut shop, and they are all off to the scene! Not a joke, completely true.

Definitely will be back, love the Rumble, always a good time to get with friends that you don't usually get to see during the offseason, and usually seeing some pretty good racing, in which we saw this weekend.

Keep up the good work Tony.
I kinda figured the Officer needs assistance went out and Everybody responded. I don't know if there was anyone there threatening anyone. Didn't seem like it. People upset yes but I'll just chalk it up to STRANGEST EXPERIENCE AT A RACE TRACK to me

1/5/11, 10:55 AM   #32
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I kinda figured the Officer needs assistance went out and Everybody responded. I don't know if there was anyone there threatening anyone. Didn't seem like it. People upset yes but I'll just chalk it up to STRANGEST EXPERIENCE AT A RACE TRACK to me

You have it correct Charles..a call went out, and many responded. I knew they were race fans when I saw that many stayed till the features were over.

1/5/11, 11:01 AM   #33
duel

i'm still mad at myself and usac for not sticking around at that Union county deal. as far as the rumble goes looks like a whole lot of effort goes into putting that show on. great job by Tony and who ever else has to organize and score all those cars. had plans and didn't make this year but had about 24 hours of coverage on the ppv for those interested at the house.
Thanks again Tony.....

1/5/11, 12:34 PM   #34
Tony Barhorst

This thread is upsetting because I know my officials and myself are striving to do their best. I am remaining focused in on post event notes to improve even more.

I do know that I am very proud of all our event officials, and I feel I have some of the best in the open wheel business.

Lets all review how we can improve in 2011. I also want to wish USAC officials, drivers and all sanctioning bodies the best in 2011.

Tony Barhorst
www.rumbleseries.com

1/6/11, 2:25 PM   #35
Tony Barhorst

I also want to wish race fans of every stripe a fantastic 2011.

Thanks to all that attended the Rumble In Fort Wayne.

Jim Morrison sent me this from New Years day. A view of the front stretch crowd.
Attached Images
Crowd850.jpg (399.6 KB, 146 views)

1/7/11, 1:10 AM   #36
Pushtruck

Tony Barhorst and Sandy Lowe are two of the hardest working people I know in racing. We need more like you. Keep up the good work. You can't please everyone.

1/7/11, 11:08 AM   #37
Tony Barhorst

Larry Boos from Eldora is the race director. One way we will improve next year is to have our announcer with a headset to the track officials. They just didn't have one this year. We need to explain whats going on with our different spin rule. Once again, we have the modified spin rule to cut down on rough driving.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

The Rumble Series Dec.31 and Jan. 1 replay's are available for a $2.59 PPV fee per night.

http://www.racesontheweb.com/

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!