IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!
1/4/11, 12:52 PM   #21
Re: Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
It sounded bad... I was watching a battle elsewhere so I missed it. Anyone know how the driver is doing?

The 600 driver Ryan Nawrocki, (Rocky Fisher's grandson) is ok , but has a concussion after hitting the end of the door opening wall in turn 2. Firewatch Dan Newport of Fort Wayne was injured after he was in the area of the crash keeping photographers and fans from standing in that area. No broken bones, but he has been released from the hospital after 2 surgeries.

1/4/11, 1:51 PM   #22
D.O.

DVD's of both nights are available by clicking on the Hewitt Banner and scrolling down to the Rumble area. You also can go to www.RacinwithdoShow.com and click on the Hewitt banner as well.
Thanks to all who put the show on and ran in all the classes.

1/4/11, 2:18 PM   #23
Tony Barhorst

Official ‘Rumble’
videos available
Order today, pay no shipping
Emmy-winning videographer Danny
“D.O.” Laycock will produce the official
DVDs of the 13th annual Rumble in Fort
Wayne.
The videos include both days of racing,
and you may order a specific class or the
entire weekend.
There are six DVDs to choose from:
● #1, Midgets, $15, plus $5 shipping and
handling;
● #2, Karts (multi-desk set), $20, plus $5
s&h;
● #3, Quarter midgets (multi-desk set),
$20, plus $5 s&h;
● #4, Winged midgets (600cc) and Slingshots,
$15, plus $5 s&h;
● #5, All classes, $50, plus $5 s&h;
● #6, All classes, features only, $20,
plus $5 s&h.
Each DVD will include sound from the
track announcer. The midget video will
feature some cage-cam footage.
If you order here at the event and pay by
cash or check, you will save shipping and
handling charges.

You may place your order online at
www.racinwithdoshow.com (PayPal is
accepted), or by mailing a check or money
order to: Dan Laycock, 6540 W. 12th St.,
Indianapolis, IN 46214.
Laycock may be reached by e-mail at
racinwithdo@att.net or by phone at (317)
313-1916.

1/4/11, 3:00 PM   #24
Dwayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
The 600 driver Ryan Nawrocki, (Rocky Fisher's grandson) is ok , but has a concussion after hitting the end of the door opening wall in turn 2. Firewatch Dan Newport of Fort Wayne was injured after he was in the area of the crash keeping photographers and fans from standing in that area. No broken bones, but he has been released from the hospital after 2 surgeries.
Thank you Tony.

I knew Ryan was being well taken care of by the EMTs and crew but I was concerned about Dan because he didnt look hurt but I ask and he said his foot, so I got one of the EMTs

1 member likes this post: Tony Barhorst
1/4/11, 3:50 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post
Kind of like how you dealt with USAC and drivers in a private manner all over the PA system and this message board after your Union County screw up?
Dude, get over it, He apologized and in fact didn't say anything most didn't feel. The only remaining bad memory of that event to me was a thousand fans being surrounded by a thousand cops. Who made that call?

1/4/11, 4:18 PM   #26
FREEZINFEET

Hats off to Tony and the entire Rumble Series staff. You guys do an excellent job and we are fortunate to have the opportunity to race indoors in Fort Wayne. The dates may not always be ideal and maybe a few mistakes are made every once in awhile but these are very long days and a lot of work goes into making this show a success. People that have never been in the promotor's/operations seat have no idea what it takes to make these shows work. You, Larry and the entire staff have it down to a science. There are few delays and for the most part, things run smooth. Great Job and we look forward to seeing you next year!!

On another note - I am very grateful to the staff and the emergency crews that worked hard on making sure my son, Ryan Nawrocki, was cared for properly after his hard impact. The staff was very sensitive to the situation and protective of the family. I appreciate all the help everyone gave us. You guys are awesome!

1/4/11, 5:23 PM   #27
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The only remaining bad memory of that event to me was a thousand fans being surrounded by a thousand cops. Who made that call?
The two Union County Sherriff deputies that normally work there evidently thought they were needed when a thousand fans wanted their money back after seeing haulers leave un announced. I was shocked to see them. It was like something out of the Blues Brothers, as they literally materialized out of the backwoods to arrive, because the haulers were leaving the main driveway. The Indiana State Police however are nice guys if you don't cross them. They all stayed for the races..maybe they heard the call and thought it good way to catch the races? They stayed all night after they questioned USAC and me.

Like Charles said, that situation is over, and should be left to heal.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 1/5/11 at 10:18 AM.

1/4/11, 6:13 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
The two Union County Sherriff deputies that normally work there evidently thought they were needed when a thousand fans wanted their money back after seeing haulers leave un announced. I was shocked to see them. It was like something out of the Blues Brothers, because they literally materialized out of the backwoods to arrive, because the haulers were leaving the main driveway. The Indiana State Police however are nice guys if you don't cross them. They questioned USAC and me.

Like Charles said, that situation is over, and should be left to heal.
I've attended both USAC and Barhorst productions since and am better for it

1/4/11, 6:21 PM   #29
Tony Barhorst

I can't wait to see the pay per view and D.O's DVD because that will tell the tale on this story. I understand the PPV will be $2.59 and be up tomorrow. My officials all knew this was being broadacast. I realize that I need to have our announcer stress this indoor spin rule. That is my fault.

http://www.racesontheweb.com/

1/5/11, 10:02 AM   #30
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Dude, get over it, He apologized and in fact didn't say anything most didn't feel. The only remaining bad memory of that event to me was a thousand fans being surrounded by a thousand cops. Who made that call?
More than likely it was the one cop that was there and freaked out. It's Union County. I live here, and see it every day. It's called small town with a few cops getting bored.

Until there is a fire at the donut shop, and they are all off to the scene! Not a joke, completely true.

Definitely will be back, love the Rumble, always a good time to get with friends that you don't usually get to see during the offseason, and usually seeing some pretty good racing, in which we saw this weekend.

Keep up the good work Tony.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!