IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS updates?
6/5/11, 7:56 AM   #11
illiNOISE

Not the largest field of cars in either class, but two decent features in both divisions. And how often do you get to see a sprint car feature push off well before 9:00 on a Saturday night? I was rather surprised to see many teams were loaded up by the time the fans got out to the pits after the mod main. Come on, it was only 9:30, keep the cars out for the fans to see. (Although there were a few that hung around, most notably Chase Stockton and Critter Malone.)
Posted via Mobile Device

6/6/11, 3:42 PM   #12
illiNOISE

For all the negativity about the low car count, the 50/50 snafu, or the heat, I'd like to thank the Helfrich family and everyone involved at TSS for another fun night at the races with my dad. I have a number of other tracks closer to home that I could have attended Saturday, but we drive three hours to Haubstadt, because we love non-wing sprints. And we love that track.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: ekohl23, sprintgal
6/6/11, 5:02 PM   #13
Re: TSS updates?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I had a good time. Track was great and racable anywhere. The 50/50 put a bad taste in my mouth but overal I have no complaints on the operations.

Jerrys right. Parker took himself out of a win *I THINK* he was fast enough.

Casey looked great actually. He was hauling into 3-4 and every single lap the car would squat in four. Pull the front wheels and take off down the front straight.

One thing that baffled me is, Why is the flag-stand on the HWY side? 3 times the people sat on the back and in fact the victory celebration was held on the back straight. Not at the flag-stand

I know there was a lot of tracks running sprints. FLora, Clay county, Putt, Paragon. LBurg, Waynesfield. USAC in PA and Powri in WI

That being said. I seen a good show!.

6/6/11, 5:08 PM   #14
ekohl23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I had a good time. Track was great and racable anywhere. The 50/50 put a bad taste in my mouth but overal I have no complaints on the operations.

Jerrys right. Parker took himself out of a win *I THINK* he was fast enough.

Casey looked great actually. He was hauling into 3-4 and every single lap the car would squat in four. Pull the front wheels and take off down the front straight.

One thing that baffled me is, Why is the flag-stand on the HWY side? 3 times the people sat on the back and in fact the victory celebration was held on the back straight. Not at the flag-stand

I know there was a lot of tracks running sprints. FLora, Clay county, Putt, Paragon. LBurg, Waynesfield. USAC in PA and Powri in WI

That being said. I seen a good show!.

The victory celebration was on the back straight because the Cunningham family sits on the backside. They do this just for the Cunningham Memorial race so the family can congratulate and take pictures with the winner. I believe they did it with Jeff Bland Jr. last year as well.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/6/11, 5:34 PM   #15
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

They used to do this back when my son raced the street stock there.i think they switched each week

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS updates?