IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
9/10/09, 12:21 AM   #11
Re: VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
speidel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TqMidget41&84 View Post
Bob is right, Shelbyville has been extremely smooth this year. Hopefully we can get that cushion worked in again this weekend !
Having a cushion to run at Shelbyville earlier in the year was awesome and fun to drive on. This can be an exciting and racey track when there is two grooves. Looks like the weather might help keep some moisture in the track

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP View Post
Does anyone know how big the Southern Illinois Center at DuQuoin is and whether it has room for pits?

Nick, hopefully we'll see you guys in FL over the winter. The racing your Mom talked about sounded like fun. Gary said he would drive the motorhome for us.
Any racing in the winter time instead of being in Indiana sounds like fun :2: Hopefully there will be some non-wing sprintcar races in FL this winter, maybe the TQ's down there will also be running...

9/10/09, 9:24 AM   #12
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speidel21 View Post
Any racing in the winter time instead of being in Indiana sounds like fun :2: Hopefully there will be some non-wing sprintcar races in FL this winter, maybe the TQ's down there will also be running...
Florida surprisingly has a lot of racing. A lot more than I realized. A business associate told me about a dirt track not too far from where I'll be staying for the winter. I'm going to have to check it out.

The TQs in Florida end in Oct and begin again in March. They race on pavement.

9/10/09, 12:56 PM   #13
TQ29m

By the way, I know I forget it a lot, but when you sign in Sat, at Shelbyville, don't forget to ask about t-shirts, MTQRL license plates, and decals, they are most always available as you sign in, I usually forget also, but maybe we need a ck list, sign in, draw for qualifying position, look and ask about banquet tickets, and t-shirts, decals, and front license plates, they are available in black and in white, danged sharp I think! See ya Sat. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 9/10/09 at 12:57 PM. Reason: just felt like it

9/10/09, 4:52 PM   #14
TQ29m

How about a roll call for Shelbyville this Sat, I just got a message, that 4 of our friends just West of us will join us this weekend, any one else, besides me gonna be there? Bob

9/10/09, 6:21 PM   #15
TqMidget41&84

Hankins will have one car there, possibly 2 is Chad gets his back together.

9/10/09, 7:15 PM   #16
loveracing

the 40 car will be there SO DRINK ORANGE KOOL AID NOT GREEN KOOL AID

9/10/09, 8:23 PM   #17
bgbrd

I really like the Black Cherry. The 55 Car should be ready.

9/10/09, 8:59 PM   #18
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.our very own Gary Lee will be on WSVX 96.5 in Shelbyville. I believe they may have it streaming on their website wsvx.com.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/11/09, 7:46 AM   #19
Uncle_Charlie

Quote:
Tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.our very own Gary Lee will be on WSVX 96.5 in Shelbyville. I believe they may have it streaming on their website wsvx.com.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gary who?

I guess I'll wake up early for this.

See you all at Shelbyville,

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device

Great job Gary!

9/11/09, 3:01 PM   #20
TQ29m

Well, we were up, but missed it, couldn't pull that far, I suppose. Did he do good? Yeh Charlie, I know, you'll be there tomorrow, and hopefully several cars and drivers, and lots of sunshine, and folks in the Grandstand. See ya tomorrow, as if we had a choice! By for now, Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.