IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
9/6/09, 2:01 PM   #1
VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

The Vincennes University Midwest TQs return to the Shelby County Fairgrounds this Saturday, Sept 12 with a Salute to 9-11. Shelbyville police officers and firefighters will be the guests of the VUMTQRL. Race fans will want to come early to see the display of unique vehicles. Shelbyville DARE officer Floyd Hastings will have the three DARE cars on display, including a vintage 1960's police car. A tiller wheel fire truck that was on duty in New York on 9-11 will be on display as well as the VUMTQRL show truck. It is also Jackson Oil night and employees of Jackson Oil and Solvents will be on hand. A Jackson Oil tanker truck will also be on display. Jackson Oil sponsors the Duel for Fuel, a four lap dash for the fastest four qualifiers. Tate Martz has already clinched the Duel for Fuel championship.

Once again the historic grandstand at the Shelbyville County Fairgrounds, built in 1879, will be filled with music. Prior to racing, Ginny Spillman will offer patriotic songs and the National Anthem and then during the racing program, Ms. Spillman will perform her one woman show of the music of Patsy Cline.

Gates open at 4:30, practice at 5 and racing at 7.

The Vincennes University Midwest TQs will celebrate their first season with a championship banquet at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Mark Frechette, VUMTQRL President promised the banquet will offer many firsts for TQ racing. The President of Vincennes University, Dr. Richard Helton, will attend the banquet and will assist in trophy presentations. The banquet is open to registered drivers and owners and invited guests. Tickets are available at $25.00 each.

For more information visit the website, www.mtqrl.com.

1 member likes this post: Uncle_Charlie
9/6/09, 4:08 PM   #2
Re: VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
TQ29m

This will be the last race, for this season, at Shelbyville. I would like to thank the people who have been preparing the track, and the Fair Board for allowing us to run again on such a smooth, racey track, this season has been really good, with the League at Shebyville, some really good clean racing has been going on, as well as some special events, which this time, will again be entertaining, so before it gets to cold, and the season is over, get yourself outa that easy chair, and come listen to the music, both of the race cars, and the entertainment from the Historic Grandstand. A fun filled evening for all. Bob

1 member likes this post: TqMidget41&84
9/6/09, 5:50 PM   #3
nowings4me

You are right, Bob. It will certainly be a long winter, and I would love to see a bunch of cars show up to show our thanks to the folks at Shelbyville for all they have done to make our nights there very entertaining to say the least. They have gone above and beyond to help us put on a good show each time we have been there. Not to mention the special show that Gary Lee and the Frechettes have put together for that night. Hope to see lots of you there.

3 members like this post: bgbrd, midgetracer, STP
9/7/09, 11:05 AM   #4
STP

We're going to have to do something about the long winter, maybe a race in the South or indoors. We're open for suggestions. I guess I can't complain too much about the long winters. We are fortunate enough to have a lot of great racing all summer long here in Indiana. Not many other states have this luxury.

9/7/09, 8:20 PM   #5
bgbrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP View Post
We're going to have to do something about the long winter, maybe a race in the South or indoors. We're open for suggestions. I guess I can't complain too much about the long winters. We are fortunate enough to have a lot of great racing all summer long here in Indiana. Not many other states have this luxury.

Indoors at Duquoin would be fun. A two day show would be great.

2 members like this post: nowings4me, speidel21
9/7/09, 9:54 PM   #6
speidel21

great idea

9/8/09, 11:08 AM   #7
STP

Does anyone know how big the Southern Illinois Center at DuQuoin is and whether it has room for pits?

Nick, hopefully we'll see you guys in FL over the winter. The racing your Mom talked about sounded like fun. Gary said he would drive the motorhome for us.

9/9/09, 8:50 AM   #8
TQ29m

Looks like mother nature might just smile on us again, this weekend. We also may have a couple of new cars, out for the first time this year, and hopefully a couple or three that were in repair, will be returning. Should be a great weekend at Shelbyville, and I must brag on them, it has been probably the smoothest track we've ran on this season. Keep up the great work guys, and we'll see ya Sat. Bob

9/9/09, 7:20 PM   #9
tqracer65

Illinois would be pretty cool. Anything indoor would be a good relief during the cold months.

9/9/09, 11:04 PM   #10
TqMidget41&84

Bob is right, Shelbyville has been extremely smooth this year. Hopefully we can get that cushion worked in again this weekend !

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.