IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pit Passes & Why You Should be Concerned
9/30/10, 9:19 PM   #61
Re: Pit Passes & Why You Should be Concerned
LEADERS EDGE

I stand corrected on the injection,but I contend that isn't the standard cost of a rebuild.

So the fans only car about quantity of quality? I find that hard to believe.

We could go round and round, but like I have stated in the past. It's your cars and you have the right and freedom to race them where you want. I have also said that if people want to run combined races...that too is fine with me.(Not that I am an overlord of any sort)

The people may be with you, but the crowds still seem to show up at the USAC and Powri shows. Maybe not be as big as we would like to see, but bigger than any stand alone shows by groups such as ASCT, IRS and the types of shows like Logansport.

I still contend....If the cost cutting types of series are what the cure is..then why after many years and many different series....has it not caught on? The average seems to be 15-20 cars. If minis are the way to go...why didn't more than 15 or 16 show up at any of the combined shows? As far as Wisconson goes....yes counts are down, but without the split you would have 17-25 cars a night. Great? No....but damn good cars.

10/1/10, 5:35 PM   #62
Re: Pit Passes & Why You Should be Concerned
bloard

Quote:
5. To Bloard... I hate communicating with someone on IOW that doesn't tell who they are, especially when you get down and personal with my race team. I take full responsibility for what I write. Not many are willing to do that. All you have to do is go back and read any thread that I've been heavily involved with and read all the insulting and degrading remarks directed toward me. That's why you hear from very few owners on this web site. They don't want to put up with the stalkers, nonsense and micromanaging of their race team.

Ok Don... while I don't think it amounts to a hill of beans and don't think my opinions should carry any more or less weight with my real name attached to them, if you insist...

Hi all. My name is Kenny [refrain from audience: "Hi Kenny"]. I own a sprint car and midget. My sprint car is the Hefty sponsored number 18 Maxim driven by Mike Hess both wing and non wing. My midget is an old Stealth/Gaerte number B5 and it's my toy that I know virtually nothing about. It has been driven this year in POWRi shows by Brandon Sheppard and Joey Moughan and in Badger races by Richie Camfield (with one win up there I might add).

Yes, I'm the guy that decides to put a great midget driver in a winged sprint, and great winged sprint and late model driver in the midget. Anything else would make way too much sense and be half the fun. We are kind of all about giving friends a chance to do things people say they can't do.

So far this year we have learned that Hess can drive a wing... that 17 yr old Late Model driver Brandon Sheppard can drive open wheel too... and that Richie Camfield hasn't lost his touch and can wheel a midget right through a summer of Chemo without missing a beat. We have also made a ton of great friends.

This isn't a business. This is a hobby. We show up, we have fun, we (or at least I) have a few cold beverages, we watch our car go around in a cirlce, we laugh a heck of a lot, and then we load up and come home. The day I get home and can't say that I had a blast, you're gonna see all my stuff listed in the Classifieds.

So that's who I am, Don. Pretty low budget. But our ratio of fun to dollar spent has to be among the highest anywhere. I seriously doubt that makes my opinions worth an extra grain of salt though.

PS - we do hope that you all join us in saying a prayer that Richie can hear the word "Remission" for his upcoming birthday. If that were to happen we can for sure say that this season has been an unqualified success.

Oh... and that show going on at Tri City this weekend? An absolute BLAST! The most fun I've had at a track all year was last night. Back home with family obligations tonight and have to go watch my beloved Illini get waxed by the Buckeyes tomorrow so I can't make it back, but if you get a chance to make the trip tonight or Saturday, DO IT. It's well worth the same money I just blew on an extra large pizza tonight. Heck of a track, heck of a show, and a heck of a good time.
Last edited by bloard; 10/1/10 at 5:56 PM.

7 members like this post: Mud Packer, opnwhlmnd, Pine, SCOTT M, Steve Wendel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pit Passes & Why You Should be Concerned