IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > To the Thief that Stole our Hauler
2/21/10, 10:06 PM   #31
Re: To the Thief that Stole our Hauler
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I know on Tractors and Trailers you have to have air pressure built up to even get them to move. A simple by-pass valve opened when parked. Line locks on the trailer. ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

Still hope Pete finds the truck, This is crazy. Put Jimmy Light out of racing for a year (And probably still) Among other good teams.

Chuck

2/21/10, 11:59 PM   #32
buck2

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
After all the rigs were being stolen early last year every time we stayed in a hotel we pulled the fuses out of the truck each night before heading to our room. Just a thought for anyone else. Takes 5 minutes tops.
The crooks are on to this trick. They'll swap fuses until they get the thing to start. If you put BLOWN fuses in the ECM spots they'll not likely figure it out. Voice of experience speaking. My window was broken and the ign lock jerked out of the column. They did not get my truck and trailer. To get it started once I inserted a good fuse, I used the headlight dimmer, these guys were pro's. This was a gas truck, the electronic diesels are probably similar.
Last edited by buck2; 2/22/10 at 12:01 AM.

2/22/10, 1:41 AM   #33
TeamCGR

Hello everyone; Thank you to all the nice comments and gestures from the great IOW gang. It was my mistake to not clarify which Hauler. Yes, we have, I mean HAD, a smaller hauler that we used for short hauls or rainy night hauls. It was our Ford F350 and the 28 foot Classic Trailer. It was not our larger Renegade, thank the Good Lord. But, it still hurts our Family and that is something difficult for me to deal with Personally.

The outpouring at the track in Tucson today was unbelievable. So many nice things said and many offering support to help string this "person" up. How about Don Short offering up his Rig for us! Thank you Don. That means a lot.

Our dear friend Chaplain Jackie reminded me of our strong faith in God and when we attended the Chapel Service today before racing, we were there in strength and prayed as a Family.

Many of you have gotten to know me through my posts here over the last couple of years and have been so supportive. I may have been a little "irrational" when I made my original post. My Temper probably got the best of me for a short time and the thoughts I had were streaming in words when I posted. I hope no one feels less about this Team or Family since we are mostly calm and decent people.

With that said, I still stand on my conviction to make sure that this does not happen to other folks if I can.

Thanks again to all for your well wishes. We are very grateful.

Pete G.

2/22/10, 10:35 AM   #34
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Mr. Gullick you said exactly what many of would have felt if it had happened to one of us. I applaud you for stating your feelings and being honest. We have talked to Coleman and your wife before and its obvious that you and your family are a class act.

I hope you recover your losses and the thief or theives pay a dear price.

It is really cool the way competitors and fans come together in the time of need. The way Don Short stepped up makes me proud to be a fan of open wheel racing.

2 members like this post: SteveD, TeamCGR
2/22/10, 12:40 PM   #35
SteveD

Ripoff Story (everybodys got one) Local national MC drag team goes to Phenoix a couple of winters ago. They stop at a "big plaza" for a leg strech and a meal....lost truck, hauler and contents. Everything that had wheels under it. Your having fun, your living the American dream and earned it. Keep in mind if it isn't in someones sight it is not protected. See you soon at a track near you.
Last edited by SteveD; 2/22/10 at 1:06 PM.

2/22/10, 1:10 PM   #36
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
Mr. Gullick you said exactly what many of would have felt if it had happened to one of us. I applaud you for stating your feelings and being honest. We have talked to Coleman and your wife before and its obvious that you and your family are a class act.

I hope you recover your losses and the thief or theives pay a dear price.

It is really cool the way competitors and fans come together in the time of need. The way Don Short stepped up makes me proud to be a fan of open wheel racing.
Scott you described exactly how I feel about the Gullick family, they are a class act, a great racing family. Which is why my heart sank when I read Pete's post. I hope they catch whoever took the Gullick's and Davey Hamilton's haulers and prosecute them to the fullest.

Patti

2/22/10, 4:48 PM   #37
SprintExaminer
Inactive Member

This seems to be a growing trend. Along with the CGR hauler and Davey Hamilton's, I remember that the iTi Motorsports hauler (formerly David Cardey's USAC/CRA team) was stolen in the off-season. And of course the water truck at Perris a few years ago, but that's a different story...

2/22/10, 9:30 PM   #38
bodine99

It is not much better when you go to Canada. Many rigs have been stolen up there also.

2/22/10, 10:40 PM   #39
i love dirt track racing

pete we our so proud of the great things that you and your family have done for sprint car racing. and this is another chapter in gullick family racing. sunday at church we were talked about intemitation and how that it affects all of us and the things that we do when we get pressure from things in our lives that we do not agree with. this is a chapter in you and your family that you will look back and say wow!!! that was a tough way to start off the year!!! and then you can say that we were not intemitated by the great things that season we had in 2010. we all can not wait to see that great hauler pull in to indiana and see all the great smiles on the teams faces. when you make your 1 st visit to the burg make sure that when you pull off the highway and head to the pits honk that horn as loud as you can and we all will be so prould of your team.

3 members like this post: IndyBound, TeamCGR, WILMA
2/23/10, 7:38 AM   #40
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodine99 View Post
It is not much better when you go to Canada. Many rigs have been stolen up there also.
Pete sorry to hear about your trailer.

You might want to specify in Quebec many rigs have been stolen. It's a different place then the rest of Canada. There have been quite a few center steer modified teams who have lost 2 cars, spare motors and all their tools.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > To the Thief that Stole our Hauler