IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion
6/27/13, 8:29 AM   #31
Re: Need your opinion
The Old Coyote

I agree with all you who say this guy is off base. The one thing that really pi**ed me in his article was his attack on wheel pack at Kokomo. I enjoy wheel pack because it gives me a chance to look at and study the cars.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Indy1808
6/27/13, 10:25 AM   #32
Crankin

I know my light bulb is a little dim, but I read, and re-read through the link provided, and can't find anything about Kokomo??
Lawrenceburg, Paragon, Gas City (with some ridiculous complaning about schedules), some track in PA, but nothing about Kokomo??? What am I missing??

6/27/13, 10:30 AM   #33
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Scroll down to the 6th paragraph and turn the lights on. "Southern Indiana sprint car racing"

6/27/13, 11:46 AM   #34
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
The track prep or lack of is what I did not understand, Kokomo and Gas City bust there butts to put on a good show.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon/Colescotts Mobil-1
Jerry, I think you know me well enough, that I will drive the 2 & 1/2-3 hours over to see a regular show in Indiana Especially, GC & KOKO.

There's even a local track here in Illinois (40 miles away) running this Friday & I won't go to here because from this fans opinion,
its like trying to watch them race standing across the street and down the block.

I know I should try to support the local track but they do fine without me. Besides they never have ran any kind of regular sprint program.
It was built for the taxi cabs & door slammers and they are real easy to see from a distance but not open wheel.

Most people I know over here don't have a clue what I'm even talking about.
And ever since the Winston Cup cars changed their sponsor to Sprint, they think Im talking about that when I'm talking about open wheel racing.

Anyway, I want up close and personal racing like I find in Indiana. I want to be right up on top of it. As long as I can afford it.
I know the risks involved with being that close and I've been hit with a few rock here and there even. Nothing worth doing, doesn't have risks involved.
All you Hoosiers need to be thankfull you have what you have.
I know God willing and I make it to retirement, I'm moving to Indiana.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

6/27/13, 11:56 AM   #35
interpreter66

d-bag

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/27/13, 12:13 PM   #36
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Like everyone else, just my 2 cents worth. Just blow him off! Mad at not getting in for free, our Indiana tracks can't be compared to. A huge amount of work goes into track prep every day at these tracks and then we have to wait and see what Mother Nature does. You will see a great show any Friday, Saturday or Sunday night in central Indiana, no matter which direction you go. it is 1 man's opinion only and just because he has an opening to write his opinion on the internet, doesn't make it right. Stop reading his "opinion" and he will eventually go away...read Danny Burton's instead...he loves Kokomo, and so do i, bob.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, davidm, Indy1808, interpreter66, mowerman
6/27/13, 1:03 PM   #37
Jerry Shaw

I'm guessing that if he and his wife wear matching brightly colored, logo laden race crew smocks to the track, that the only thing this guy wants is attention. Another way to get attention is to make outrageous statements. That he did and he sure is getting attention. I'd never heard of him before this thread. You should have just ignored him and let him remain in oblivion.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/27/13 at 1:16 PM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, koolaid89, Koonzee
6/27/13, 1:17 PM   #38
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Scroll down to the 6th paragraph and turn the lights on. "Southern Indiana sprint car racing"
Ohhhhhh. It was the Southern Indiana part I just sorta skipped.
I guess that's why I never received my Graduation Certificate from Kevin Olson's Light Bulb Service School????

Yeah, just give me somethin' free because I'm..... Wait a minute, who are you??? Why are we letting you in for nothing, and paying your insurance in case you manage to find and attend one of our "secretly held races"? Then possibly get hurt walking our pit area getting run over by our lack of track prep equipment?

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, HARFprez, Indy1808, Justigit, TBONE
6/27/13, 5:52 PM   #39
BrentTFunk

It seems to me he and his wife are freeloaders who like to dress up, and get attention. They contribute nothing , but want the sport to support them by letting them in free. Gas City and Kokomo already have a track chaplain, and based on what I read it would be hard to call him a "writer", so why would they let this bum in free. I wonder if he signed in free when he drove? Where is this loser from? I promise to never go there. As for the Bad Dad, the only time I ever talk to the cops at Kokomo is one puts on my wrist band. I have been at most shows since the 70's, and I don't see much of them. I see more cops at Haubstadt and Lawrenceburg, and they don't bother me either. This guy is an insult to pastors and the media.

6/27/13, 7:14 PM   #40
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Just read this wonderful article lol..I dont know how you can complain about tracks working together on big shows..Gas City sets dark on Bloomingtons bigger shows via sprint week, midget week, kiss..and they do the same..schedules are released early for this reason..I really believe this guy should buy a race track and see how hard it is to stay open week to week..everyone has a right to their own opinion but i am not buying the scheduling stuff..

Tyler

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need your opinion