IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advantages of Chili Bowl at home
1/19/14, 6:29 PM   #21
Re: Advantages of Chili Bowl at home
Andrew S. Quinn

This year I didnt have to drive to Tulsa to get sick. I've been sick all last week at work and home instead!

1/19/14, 9:01 PM   #22
SteveB31

I went to the race, and when I got home, I watched it on my dvr. It was 100 times better in person. Yes, the weekend cost me $500, but life is too short. Worth it for me......

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, DAD, dickster, KENDALLRACING
1/20/14, 9:56 PM   #23
huskermudd

ya but not being there you missed the best thing the crowd going nuts when clauson won and the look on sammys face pissed because he thougth he got cheated that was priceless. Now that more people are bring the light weight cars hopefully we will be seeing less of the swindells. as for charles consider 100 bucks cheap the coverage by racin boys was worth a lot more than that.

1 member likes this post: DAD
1/20/14, 11:00 PM   #24
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskermudd View Post
ya but not being there you missed the best thing the crowd going nuts when clauson won and the look on sammys face pissed because he thougth he got cheated that was priceless. Now that more people are bring the light weight cars hopefully we will be seeing less of the swindells. as for charles consider 100 bucks cheap the coverage by racin boys was worth a lot more than that.
Husk

There were a lot of crazy people around TV sets this year also. It is no doubt better to be in Tulsa. But for those of us that had to stay behind it beat the hell out of trying to listen to the race over the computer. Thanks to all the guys that produced the whole week of racing for us not so fortunate race fans. Hope you did well and even better in the future.

Honest Dad himself

1/21/14, 12:13 AM   #25
huskermudd

Dad I understand I am lucky enough to live close enough to tulsa (7hours away) to go to this event I am glad it was on a PPV and Mavtv but for me who loves midget racing I only get 3 a year Beloit ,Belleville and CB I hope Mavtv would think about televising Indiana Midget week that is on my bucket list but its not on my wife's (still working on that)If you ever get to tulsa look us up right below the top row rowdies about row four in the dirt in your beer section.

1/21/14, 8:39 AM   #26
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

It's always easier to stay home than go to an event. I was there and wouldn't trade watching at home for anything (I'm sure the broadcast was great...haven't had a chance to watch it on the DVR yet). Sure it costs a fair amount of money, but I only do it once a year. Plus, I get to see some friends I only see once a year...all worth it to me. Going to an event is work sometimes, but nothing beats being there in person IMO.

I go as much as I can now because I know someday I won't be able to go as much.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advantages of Chili Bowl at home