IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advantages of Chili Bowl at home
1/17/14, 4:27 PM   #1
Advantages of Chili Bowl at home
DAD

We were sitting around last night watching the third day of racing in Tulsa, looking out the window at the snow and it occurred to me that although lacking some excitement of being there it still wasn't too bad watching the action from home.

Some of the advantages from the At Home Race are:

1. We didn't have to drive 2000 miles to get to our TV and back home again.

2. We stand a lot less chance of bringing home new pets in the form of "Bed Bugs".

3. The price of a good night's sleep is a lot less.

4. We didn't have to bring a blanket to reserve our seats in the turn 2 bleachers.

5. The rest rooms were much cleaner, warmer, and closer to our seats.

6. Even without the blanket our seats were much softer.

7. Refreshments were much closer to our seats.

8. Our hair was much cleaner at the end of the race, and we did not to have to worry about dirt clogs in the face.

9. We could hear the announcer announce the race and the drivers names.

10. Our eyes did not burn as much.

"Racinboys" did an excellent job of placing cameras so that we could get maximum view of the race and even had instant playback just in case we were in the "John" when something happened.

These are my top ten things about doing the Chili Bowl at home. True I would have rather been in Tulsa. I remember the first year we went the boiler went down at our Hotel and we spent 2 days with electric blankets and no heat.. Nothing Like waking up in the morning to find an ice cycle in your bath tub. You just can't get an experience like that on TV.

I would be the first to admit that the money I spent with Racinboys for the Chili Bowl this year was well worth the price of admission.

Honest Dad himself

1/18/14, 9:30 AM   #2
Re: Advantages of Chili Bowl at home
johnnythunderhead
Banned

and, I didn't have to blow my entire budget for the racing season in one week/ although I can't fathom how awesome it would be to see that many midgets live and in person/ we seriously need to figure out some way of getting more of them to come out for the real outdoor racing season!

2 members like this post: dirtball, Seadog
1/18/14, 9:46 AM   #3
Quick Change

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 29

Not to mention the "Chili Bowl flu".

5 members like this post: CRA91, DAD, dkc42, MEAT, Seadog
1/18/14, 3:36 PM   #4
El1teBr33ze

and I can picture-in-picture with my other yearly tradition of Barrett-Jackson Saturday. This is the first time, as far as I know, that they both have been the same week.

1/18/14, 4:26 PM   #5
jts machine shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
We were sitting around last night watching the third day of racing in Tulsa, looking out the window at the snow and it occurred to me that although lacking some excitement of being there it still wasn't too bad watching the action from home.

Some of the advantages from the At Home Race are:

1. We didn't have to drive 2000 miles to get to our TV and back home again.

2. We stand a lot less chance of bringing home new pets in the form of "Bed Bugs".

3. The price of a good night's sleep is a lot less.

4. We didn't have to bring a blanket to reserve our seats in the turn 2 bleachers.

5. The rest rooms were much cleaner, warmer, and closer to our seats.

6. Even without the blanket our seats were much softer.

7. Refreshments were much closer to our seats.

8. Our hair was much cleaner at the end of the race, and we did not to have to worry about dirt clogs in the face.

9. We could hear the announcer announce the race and the drivers names.

10. Our eyes did not burn as much.

"Racinboys" did an excellent job of placing cameras so that we could get maximum view of the race and even had instant playback just in case we were in the "John" when something happened.

These are my top ten things about doing the Chili Bowl at home. True I would have rather been in Tulsa. I remember the first year we went the boiler went down at our Hotel and we spent 2 days with electric blankets and no heat.. Nothing Like waking up in the morning to find an ice cycle in your bath tub. You just can't get an experience like that on TV.

I would be the first to admit that the money I spent with Racinboys for the Chili Bowl this year was well worth the price of admission.

Honest Dad himself
plus you can use the ole.." i woulda won if i were there" phrase lol....

1/18/14, 4:27 PM   #6
jts machine shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by El1teBr33ze View Post
and I can picture-in-picture with my other yearly tradition of Barrett-Jackson Saturday. This is the first time, as far as I know, that they both have been the same week.
anyone who mentions barret jackson and the chili bowl in the same breath needs jesus!!!

2 members like this post: abel04, jim goerge
1/18/14, 4:43 PM   #7
TommyTipover

I need picture-in-picture-in-picture. Chili Bowl, Barrett-Jackson, and AMA Supercross all on at the same time.

2 members like this post: midget96, open_wheel_outlaw
1/18/14, 4:44 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Consider me one that isn't exactly happy with the program. At least not for a hundred bucks. Wed's night was a dissaster with freezing etc issues.

While Im thankful for it, Who ever the button pusher is that seems to think its a super speedway and have six camera changes a lap needs their head slapped.

Give me Dean from the top of the stands so i can follow the action anyday.

Won't be shelling out a hundred for this next year. I'll go to two more races in person instead.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, johnnythunderhead
1/18/14, 4:52 PM   #9
El1teBr33ze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts machine shop View Post
anyone who mentions barret jackson and the chili bowl in the same breath needs jesus!!!
lol i knew i was going to get that. i didn't say it'd be picture-in-picture at 7:00, and i didn't say what size the Barrett-Jackson PIP is. LOL

1/18/14, 8:41 PM   #10
darnall

I haven't had any beer spilled on me at home....

I haven't been knocked over by some 48 year old dude wearing a LOWES jacket screaming "Wasn't that Tony?"..

My recliner is much much wider than the 9 inches of bleacher each person is allowed at the expo center.

If me, my wife and my son all want to get up and go to the bathroom or grab a drink at the same time we always come back and have a place to sit...

But yeah, I would much rather be in Tulsa all week.

5 members like this post: 2fast4u, apexonephoto, DAD, luckybuc97, open_wheel_outlaw
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advantages of Chili Bowl at home