IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ultimate Race Night???? Your opinion, What cost? What classes?
4/2/09, 8:08 PM   #11
Re: Ultimate Race Night???? Your opinion, What cost? What classes?
No Wings

10,000 each, open show no tire rules, 30 lap midget, 40 lap sprint, 50 lap lates. The reason for 10 is it would draw the large teams and smaller teams.
Midgets
Non Wing Sprints
Late models

TRI STATE or BLOOMINGTON good track prep at both and lots of passing at both.
I would pay 75 to a 100 to watch.:checkered:

4/2/09, 8:32 PM   #12
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wings View Post
10,000 each, open show no tire rules, 30 lap midget, 40 lap sprint, 50 lap lates. The reason for 10 is it would draw the large teams and smaller teams.
Midgets
Non Wing Sprints
Late models

TRI STATE or BLOOMINGTON good track prep at both and lots of passing at both.
I would pay 75 to a 100 to watch.:checkered:
No Wings,you got my vote,except for the 75-100. I need some notice to pick up some aluminum cans to recycle to pay my admission price

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4/2/09, 8:40 PM   #13
SpfldMile

How about a race where they run 25 laps non wing and then 25 with the wing. Points from each decide the overall winner. The heats/qualifying would be difficult, but some format could be workable. Get enough sponsorship money, maybe even TV, to get the best Outlaws, USAC, ASCS, CRA, or any other drivers to want to be part of it. Eldora or Terre Haute would be my choice for the event.

4/2/09, 9:15 PM   #14
No Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
No Wings,you got my vote,except for the 75-100. I need some notice to pick up some aluminum cans to recycle to pay my admission price
It would be a awsome show, could reasonably be done by a track with a sponser and you could maybe put ticket prices in the area of 35 to 50 and still make money.
Think of the names that would be there. You would need extra parking for the rigs that would make me lean more towards Tri State. I will give you lots of cans:O:

4/3/09, 1:00 AM   #15
JEFFSTOY

TERRE HAUTE FALL NATIONALS 1 all sprints 2 midgets 3 unlimted modifieds. Been done before but differ classes. It was woo sprints, 360wings & nonwing sprints I believe,170 cars in the pits,raced all nite. NO inflated ticket prices that nite.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ultimate Race Night???? Your opinion, What cost? What classes?