IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Racing Series?
12/30/08, 9:36 AM   #71
Re: Gold Crown Racing Series?
Seadog

Mac Miller quote: "This is one of the most arrogant statements I've read in a while. You people try to attach yourselves as close as possible to the incredible heritage and history of open wheel racing and, then, diss 100 years of real open wheel racing and insult decades of real open wheel fans, who you, badly, need to impress, by claiming that everything that happened before you showed up was "insane".

I don't often see things as Mac does. He is pretty much doom and gloom all the time. But on this statement, I agree with him. I don't know if "arrogant" is the word I would have chosen. Maybe "foolish"? But to throw 100 years of OW racing tradition out the window is insane. The open wheels make it so exciting for the fans and so demanding on the drivers skills.

If you want closed wheel, then go watch the Nascar ball-less sissies "beat and bang". I'll take the precision reflexes of open wheel drivers. That floats my boat.

12/30/08, 9:44 AM   #72
turn4

[QUOTE=mac You people try to attach yourselves as close as possible to the incredible heritage and history of open wheel racing and, then, diss 100 years of real open wheel racing and insult decades of real open wheel fans, who you, badly, need to impress, by claiming that everything that happened before you showed up was "insane" :eek:

Actually, you are correct about one thing. It is crazy to expect the current crop of drivers to show "respect"...... Who needs respect when you have fenders and bumpers???

What mac said. :thumb:respect:

12/30/08, 11:27 AM   #73
usac14

You bitter guys just sound like a bunch of OLD grumpy dudes. Most of these guys were the same ones that complain about roll cages, helmets, seat belts, ...

Let's be honest. Look at MOST "open wheel" sprint cars and you will see a mammoth of a nerf bar on the side. You are kidding yourself if you don't see this. This is even more ture for the asphalt cars. Dirt is much more forgiving that concrete. I'm all for safety first.

Mr. Ashmore, I applaude you for coming onto this forum and filling us in.
Last edited by usac14; 12/30/08 at 12:15 PM.

12/30/08, 11:57 AM   #74
mikew

Well said!

12/30/08, 12:11 PM   #75
TeamCGR

"One question. Bruce! If you had a clean sheet of paper, is this, really, the best car you could come up with????...... How about a few "napkin sketches" to show us what you can really do!" "Mac Miller"

A couple of months ago, Sprint Car and Midget Magazine had a bunch of these very sketches you are requesting. There were, I cannot remember exactly, but maybe 10? different sketches of ideas for this division. I believe they asked for input from readers/fans as to their preference. I guess it came down to this design. One of the designs was like this one but had the rear wheels somewhat concealed. They were all very interesting.

CGR..

12/30/08, 12:19 PM   #76
Seadog

[QUOTE=usac14;79383]You bitter guys just sound like a bunch of OLD grumpy dudes.QUOTE]

Have you been talking to my wife?:O:

12/30/08, 12:44 PM   #77
D.O.

Newest & Nicest so far

Windtunnel / Show Model ?

GM idea !

First One SUCKS in looks
Last edited by D.O.; 12/30/08 at 12:49 PM.

12/30/08, 1:47 PM   #78
randyrad

bear in mind that this is not a "clean sheet of paper" car.
It's the first refinement of what started as a modification to the existing Silver Crown specs. It's more "evolutionary" than "revolutionary."

The key is to find a way to get the 29 existing cars back on the track with a "look" that will attract more than we same 9000 fans that make up a "good" SC crowd.

Anyone who can't see the difference between these cars & NASCAR is refusing to look objectively.

I really like Mac Miller's cars too ...maybe the Gold Crown Series will grow enough to open the specs to allow for multiple designs & constructors --> just like the good old days.

12/30/08, 3:58 PM   #79
D.O.

How is this for open wheels.
Last edited by D.O.; 12/31/08 at 2:58 PM.

12/30/08, 7:37 PM   #80
LocalYokel

I love how the newest rendering uses a DRC frame and not one of those fugly Riley and Scott frames...

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Racing Series?