IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Racing Series?
12/20/08, 7:37 PM   #1
Gold Crown Racing Series?
Larryoracing

I was listening to my favorite radio station today...XM/Sirius 128 and they
annouced the Gold Crown Series was testing on some road courses and that
the cars have a two-speed tranny. A low gear to get them out of the pits on
the 'big' tracks and a 1-1 final gear.

Will these cars have a conventional locked, quick change rear end?

Anyways I thought 2010 was the debut. Will they run any races in 2009?

Thanks,

Larry Otani:loser:

12/20/08, 8:11 PM   #2
Re: Gold Crown Racing Series?
Stagger

Hopefully it will never happen. JMO but why would owner spend more money on something they already got screwed on. But maybe USAC will milk the .25 money to prop this series up for awhile. Let the hammering begin.

12/21/08, 12:23 AM   #3
sc96

Yes they did test on the road course and yes it went very well.And yes the bashers will have a hayday but thats the way it goes.

12/21/08, 7:47 PM   #4
racephoto1

I'm no basher, but if they want this series to work, they better crawl before the walk. It seems as if it has no identity. They can't decide what they want it to be.Like a boat without a rudder. Get it headed somewhere and keep it in that direction.Quit running willy - nilly trying to figure out what to be.Oval, roadcourses, what next, drag racing?

12/21/08, 8:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
Yes they did test on the road course and yes it went very well.And yes the bashers will have a hayday but thats the way it goes.

Makes you want to run out and sign all kinds of autographs and do everything you can for these "fans", doesn't it?

12/21/08, 8:24 PM   #6
Stagger

:doh::icon_smile_blackeye
Last edited by Stagger; 12/21/08 at 8:35 PM. Reason: my post was a bad idea... Sorry should have been a PM

12/21/08, 8:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
Wow 6157 I guess Don Moore is right about you.... USAC has enough issues to address rather than saving a bad idea getting worse. There are enough classes to race road courses. When you get your head out of Well you know where it is you might see that it is really not a series that is needed or really wanted by most people I talk to. Granted I am a nobody, but I sure spend a lot of my money going to USAC races and so do my friends. Maybe you can beg the government to fund and support a series not to many people even care to see or support. Keep to the core and work on it first. USAC sprints and midgets are your bread and butter... Keep to buttering the bread. I might get your autograph on some two ply so I can...... well never mind. LOL
I will make a healthy wager that sc96 spends more on tires for one race than you spend in a year on race tickets, souvenirs, and concessions.

He's earned my respect. You've earned a laugh.

12/21/08, 8:54 PM   #8
sc96

I would like to thank poster 6157 for the support if you happen to be around at the races stop by and say hello.The Goldcrown cars are built to run 1.5 mile and larger tracks.The road course deal came about because several tracks asked if we could run them and after the test yes we can.THANKS AGAIN

12/21/08, 10:35 PM   #9
D.O.

12/21/08, 11:47 PM   #10
randyrad

:applaud::thumb now THAT looks like an American Racecar.

Road courses are a great addition, make for a bigger circuit & more versatile drivers.

Hope to see it at Richmond in '10 (or anyplace I can get to & see one sooner).

Tough times to launch something new, but this can work.
Keep the faith. :usacfan

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Racing Series?