IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TriState
6/5/23, 12:00 PM   #31
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
I'm not sure is longer, your posts or track prep at Tri-State.
You dont like it, then dont read it!! Pretty simple huh? I could give 10 ***** less what you think!! Pretty simple huh?

6/5/23, 12:01 PM   #32
Re: TriState
Vookie

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Jerry Shaw, Rpracing1
6/5/23, 12:01 PM   #33
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Kokomo is the Finale and its always been on a Saturday night but yet this year on a Sunday. I scratched my head on that too. Arguably the best 2 tracks in the state and both their Midget Week dates was/are Sunday's this year? At the same time, the attendance wont be a problem at Kokomo. As for support classes, I'd much rather see MSCS Sprints then what I'm gonna see tonight...Crown Vics. I will always say and most I think would as well that track prep is needed and is better then no track prep at all. However, over an hour long? I think that's a lil absurd in my opinion and I truly feel that is 90%+ the reason attendance is getting lower and lower at TriState. There's not one single race there that people haven't complained about the long farming delays this year.
Again, you're making a blanket statement that just isn't true. Attendance isn't getting ""lower and lower" at TSS. Crowds have been strong since after the COVID lockdown. I sit on the front stretch and usually, if I'm not there sometime around an hour before hot laps, my ass is parking in the field, back behind the backstretch and I'm hoofing back around to where I sit.

Last night's crowd sucked. It was shockingly low. But, if you actually had ever been there, you would know last night is not indicative of any major trend. The only thing that's had a major effect on the number of people watching races at TSS in the last few years has been the "R" word, rain.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, erich45, OnTheHammer, oppweld, Rpracing1
6/5/23, 12:14 PM   #34
Dale

Quote:
Okay first thing, I never said anyone avoided it or didn't take it seriously. Who cares it's a question, there's more to life then taking my question so seriously, oh my gosh, oh no. I said it was interesting. Real simple. And I'm glad you dont think it deserves an answer. Of course when a person is in denial they dont think a question needs answered, that's all of life, not just racing. I also dont really care if it gets answered. I dont own the property or track, I just find it odd that for so long so many said so many great things about it and wouldnt miss it for nothing, yet one of the worse attendance numbers I've ever seen for a Midget Week race, if not officially the worst ever.

As for the uneducated lmfao...maybe I am uneducated about Haubstadt bc I've never been there. Maybe that's why I'm trying to figure what went wrong with the attendance numbers. However I'm educated enough to read all the displeasure of people who have gone there this whole season about the track prep. Maybe your the one who is uneducated or maybe just in denial...I'll let you choose for yourself. Sunday has nothing to do with it, Kokomo will have more people just in the backstretch then there was the entire bleachers put together at TriState last night. You and others need to quit using a Sunday night as an excuse. Guess the rest of the tracks will have poor attendance this week bc its during the week huh? Indy tonight bc of Monday? GC Wednesday bc of a Wednesday? Putnamville Thursday bc of a Thursday? Kokomo Sunday bc of a Sunday? Looks like Bloomington and The Burg has the only chance of good attendance bc of a Friday and Saturday night? Lmfao wow
Your point has been made ad nauseam. Especially since you have not been there.

6/5/23, 12:16 PM   #35
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Again, you're making a blanket statement that just isn't true. Attendance isn't getting ""lower and lower" at TSS. Crowds have been strong since after the COVID lockdown. I sit on the front stretch and usually, if I'm not there sometime around an hour before hot laps, my ass is parking in the field, back behind the backstretch and I'm hoofing back around to where I sit.

Last night's crowd sucked. It was shockingly low. But, if you actually had ever been there, you would know last night is not indicative of any major trend. The only thing that's had a major effect on the number of people watching races at TSS in the last few years has been the "R" word, rain.

Jerry
Well I guess with what your saying, facts must be lies? Camera views from Flo showing less and less attendance must be camera magic? Several several people on here that goes to TriState regularly and talk about it on here how the attendance is down must also be liars? Now were gonna bring up Covid? Really digging deep for excuses except the obvious that people are over and some done with the hour plus farming show.

Oh the rain? Interesting that now comes into play. Indiana had its worst drought in 2022 since 2012. Furthermore Indiana's rainfall and water table is lower then it ever has been at this point in the year, late May/early June. Dryest Spring on record in Indiana for 2023. Hmmm, Haubstadt must be hogging all the rain from the rest of the state, no wonder Indiana had a drought last year and is headed in the same direction again this year. Oh wait meteorologist lying too?

I'm gonna get ready to go to Indy and be a part of low attendance bc it's a Monday. Enjoy your day!!

6/5/23, 12:17 PM   #36
Dale

Quote:
Kokomo is the Finale and its always been on a Saturday night but yet this year on a Sunday. I scratched my head on that too. Arguably the best 2 tracks in the state and both their Midget Week dates was/are Sunday's this year? At the same time, the attendance wont be a problem at Kokomo. As for support classes, I'd much rather see MSCS Sprints then what I'm gonna see tonight...Crown Vics. I will always say and most I think would as well that track prep is needed and is better then no track prep at all. However, over an hour long? I think that's a lil absurd in my opinion and I truly feel that is 90%+ the reason attendance is getting lower and lower at TriState. There's not one single race there that people haven't complained about the long farming delays this year.
What per cent of the people in attendance have you seen complain about track prep? De minimis at best.

3 members like this post: Jerry Shaw, OnTheHammer, Rpracing1
6/5/23, 12:28 PM   #37
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttracktherapy16j View Post
well i guess with what your saying, facts must be lies? Camera views from flo showing less and less attendance must be camera magic? Several several people on here that goes to tristate regularly and talk about it on here how the attendance is down must also be liars? Now were gonna bring up covid? Really digging deep for excuses except the obvious that people are over and some done with the hour plus farming show.

Oh the rain? Interesting that now comes into play. Indiana had its worst drought in 2022 since 2012. Furthermore indiana's rainfall and water table is lower then it ever has been at this point in the year, late may/early june. Dryest spring on record in indiana for 2023. Hmmm, haubstadt must be hogging all the rain from the rest of the state, no wonder indiana had a drought last year and is headed in the same direction again this year. Oh wait meteorologist lying too?

I'm gonna get ready to go to indy and be a part of low attendance bc it's a monday. Enjoy your day!!

Winston Churchill

6/5/23, 12:30 PM   #38
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
What per cent of the people in attendance have you seen complain about track prep? De minimis at best.
What percent...well to give you an accurate answer I'd have to find true attendance numbers which is none of my business being that I dont own, operate, or work at the track, then go survey the crowd and see how many are on OpenWheel, then take the people who said they are and ask for user names, then go through all their post and read them and find their comments about TriState then do the math...yeah so guess what...it doesn't matter the percentage. It doesn't matter there was a problem with attendance to me. I ask a question of if anyone knew why. So to your other post you made about a point being made, there's the point made. You nor I nor anyone's opinion really matters. There's your point made. I was asking a question in my original post on here, not making a point. Educate yourself today and look up the 2 definitions and meanings and make yourself smarter today. I'm heading to Indy for IMW 2023 night #2, which should be a low attendance race bc it's a Monday night/work night/weekday, according to some of the experts on IOW!!
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/5/23 at 12:46 PM.

6/5/23, 12:40 PM   #39
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttracktherapy16j View Post
so to your other post you made about a point being made, there's the point made. You nor i nor anyone's opinion really matters. There's your point made.
Larry O. has returned to IOW after a long absent.
Last edited by Vookie; 6/5/23 at 12:47 PM.

6/5/23, 12:46 PM   #40
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
I havent seen a poster like DirtTrackTherapy16J since the golden days of SUPERDUKE.

5 members like this post: captrat, Danny Burton, Jerry Shaw, Rpracing1, Vookie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TriState