IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Daydream
4/26/23, 10:36 AM   #21
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Hancock View Post
Such a glorified All Star Show that not WOO car there could podium that was there.
To be fair there were 2 and they are currently 11th and 12th in points. 2 weeks ago 6 of the top 8 were WoO drivers.

4/26/23, 1:24 PM   #22
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Hancock View Post
Such a glorified All Star Show that not WOO car there could podium that was there.
23 cars out of the top 40 in current WoO points were in attendance. I have been coming to this track on and off for over 50 years. I have had a low preference for the wing variety for some time now, but I was duly impressed on what took place on track last night.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, tirespinner
4/26/23, 1:48 PM   #23
Re: High Limit Daydream
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
23 cars out of the top 40 in current WoO points were in attendance. I have been coming to this track on and off for over 50 years. I have had a low preference for the wing variety for some time now, but I was duly impressed on what took place on track last night.
and the track held up. Had a nice cushionf or those who wanted and the bottom stayed fast. I got so used to wings being black slick with no cushion. Pleasant change.

4/26/23, 2:41 PM   #24
flagboy55

Hat’s off to the High Limit series. They didn’t meet their goal of being done by 10 but was good nonetheless. Tip of the cap to the 34 crew. I thought the track was nice all night. Really enjoyed a real cushion. My favorite part of this is Dillon and Vince Welch in the booth. I like the other guy’s on other series but it’s a great change of pace to not be yelled at and properly annunciation of driver’s names. So Kokomo up next with no support class. We’ll learn more about if it can be done in the desired time window with one class. I don’t expect 50 cars at Kokomo either. We’ll see

4/26/23, 2:48 PM   #25
NoDramazone2020

Hey Flagboy...I did see Thunder Cars at Kokomo??.....is that correct????

3 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner
4/26/23, 4:23 PM   #26
flagboy55

We’ll you might be right but on the High Limit site it only says 410 Sprint Cars. The Kokomo website says thunder cars as well. I would think the tracks site would be gospel but ???
Last edited by flagboy55; 4/26/23 at 4:32 PM.

2 members like this post: oppweld, PIT CART
4/27/23, 12:12 AM   #27
Blitzman

I know it’s not popular with some. But a support class with 20 or less cars are nice to have during events like these. 2-3 heats and a A-main to fill the downtime. But the main thing is to help widen the track out for better racing in the Amain of feature Event. But gotta keep that support class races on a time limit. Just my $.02

4/27/23, 8:11 AM   #28
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzman View Post
I know it’s not popular with some. But a support class with 20 or less cars are nice to have during events like these. 2-3 heats and a A-main to fill the downtime. But the main thing is to help widen the track out for better racing in the Amain of feature Event. But gotta keep that support class races on a time limit. Just my $.02
I was at the Lakeside show and they were very strategic with the support class to fill in the gaps of the show. They even split up when they run the heat races of the support class to fill in the gaps better.

There was a lengthy delay at Lakeside for a serious sprint car wreck, and they moved the support class A main to the end of the night.

My one comment would be to get rid of the dash draw. Let it happen at the pit shack. Not any entertainment value in watching it.
Last edited by Jonr; 4/27/23 at 8:12 AM. Reason: context

4/27/23, 11:09 AM   #29
BrentTFunk

I only watched on Flo. I thought it was a good feature. Theu have a nice mix of drivers running. Not sure having more WoO teams would make the racing any better. They don't seem yet to have the drawing power the WoO does. I realize that it is made for streaming, but I don't see any way that either show broke even at the gate. Hopefully more will turn out as they venture east. I will be at next Tuesday's show at

2 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld
4/27/23, 11:25 AM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I only watched on Flo. I thought it was a good feature. Theu have a nice mix of drivers running. Not sure having more WoO teams would make the racing any better. They don't seem yet to have the drawing power the WoO does. I realize that it is made for streaming, but I don't see any way that either show broke even at the gate. Hopefully more will turn out as they venture east. I will be at next Tuesday's show at

Haven't figured out that the gate means nothing? They lease the track. Some sponsor or millionaire cover the purse. I mean you're getting Kings Royal and World One hundred style shows here in the comfort of home at pennies a race, I don't see weekly racing anywhere, Or even WoO holding up to that.

I mean Kokomo isn't even posting or promoting it from what I see. Even though they stand to gain on concessions. I may know nothing and be totally wrong. But tracks can't compete with it on their own and higher funded teams are going to race for nothing less than 20k to win now.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/27/23 at 11:28 AM.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Daydream