IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
8/8/08, 1:39 PM   #81
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

As for the cops, I agree, they were needed. I felt perfectly safe thanks for the meet and greet
on a side note, does anyone have any idea what the police were told when they showed up? There were 2 K9's and 2 sherrifs walking around with bullet proof vests on.

8/8/08, 1:48 PM   #82
hacksaw

What would you have done if you were a police officer and were called and told that 3,000 people had found out there would be no racing and not sure if money would be refunded?

8/8/08, 1:52 PM   #83
Flatrightrear

I'd send for Rambo.....John J.?

8/8/08, 1:53 PM   #84
Racer9bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
"It seems that USAC did send out a very qualified representative to inspect this track prior to race date, the problem was this representative had already been told he would no longer have a job with USAC in the very near future so with that in mind it would seem quite possible that this USAC rep may and I use the word may strongly due to the passion this person has for the sport but he may have just pulled a big up yours to USAC and cleared the track as safe knowing full well it was not?"
"As I stated in the post it is conceivable that he MAY have done this, and you missed my point entirely, what I was saying was IF he had done this it was knowing full well USAC would not run the show due to safety reasons and they would have to pull out on race day and look like a bunch of idiots in doing so. Looks to me like he played the card perfectly as you can see by this 7 page bash USAC thread".
You have got to be kidding me, first you accuse a person of "he May have done this" and then you say it 'looks like he played the card perfectly". AREN'T YOU CONTRIDICTING YOU'RE SELF?
Hardly, just stating that if that was his intention the card was played perfectly. I can't understand why alot of you think this guy was a God send for USAC and Sprintcar racing and you think he can do no wrong yet you all have stated that USAC has been going down hill for several years with the old regime leading the way, but on the flip side you think the new leadership can do no right before they even got a chance. As far as I can tell with one minimal move (new website & streaming scoring/video) the new leadership is head and shoulders above the old and will only get better. Face it the old guys are out because they were not doing there jobs.

8/8/08, 2:01 PM   #85
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksaw View Post
What would you have done if you were a police officer and were called and told that 3,000 people had found out there would be no racing and not sure if money would be refunded?
I think if I was a cop and heard both sides of the complaint I would have told USAC to give the people there money back since you had charged them for a show you were not going to put on.
then the people who wanted to stay for the Speedways show could have repaid the track and went in and watched that show.

8/8/08, 2:02 PM   #86
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

8/8/08, 2:05 PM   #87
Ovalmeister

[QUOTE=Racer9bro;56310]I can't understand why alot of you think this guy was a God send for USAC and Sprintcar racing and you think he can do no wrong QUOTE]

I assume you don't have the guts to refer to Greg Staab by name? Maybe you "can't understand" because you have never met or worked with him? I have....and he was a Godsend to USAC and sprint car racing. The fact that he is no longer at USAC speaks volumes for the new regime.:thumbsdown: Last night was a fine example.
David.

8/8/08, 2:06 PM   #88
SPRINTCAR

Right...........................

8/8/08, 2:09 PM   #89
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer9bro View Post
Hardly, just stating that if that was his intention the card was played perfectly. I can't understand why alot of you think this guy was a God send for USAC and Sprintcar racing and you think he can do no wrong yet you all have stated that USAC has been going down hill for several years with the old regime leading the way, but on the flip side you think the new leadership can do no right before they even got a chance. As far as I can tell with one minimal move (new website & streaming scoring/video) the new leadership is head and shoulders above the old and will only get better. Face it the old guys are out because they were not doing there jobs.
I agree 100% with Ovalmeister.
If you knew the guy you were talking about, You'd know that hed never do anything intentionally to hurt USAC or racing and would have never made such as statment. It's been posted here and was mentioned by many at the track that it had been inspected prior and recently. Weather this is true or not. ????? but if it had it wasn't him who was comp director and that person did everything to support the sport when USAC was dead before (Winged age).

Im ultmately saddened, We were basically down to one or none dirt midget races at most tracks in the state.

This hurt the sport, The promotors and tracks. USAC will get their sanction no matter what. Thats not bashing, Thats fact.

Chuck

8/8/08, 2:14 PM   #90
Racer9bro

[QUOTE=Ovalmeister;56314]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer9bro View Post
I can't understand why alot of you think this guy was a God send for USAC and Sprintcar racing and you think he can do no wrong QUOTE]

I assume you don't have the guts to refer to Greg Staab by name? Maybe you "can't understand" because you have never met or worked with him? I have....and he was a Godsend to USAC and sprint car racing. The fact that he is no longer at USAC speaks volumes for the new regime.:thumbsdown: Last night was a fine example.
David.
You are right I have never met or worked with Mr. Stabb, I just see how everyone on this board has bashed USAC for the poor state it has gotton to while he was involved or at the head of the organization, he must not have been doing something right, and the volumes it speaks with him not there any longer is :shoutbetter for the future of the sport!!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week