IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking Forward
2/24/23, 6:50 PM   #11
Re: Looking Forward
BrentTFunk

I know people are trying, but not much has been accomplished yet. Fingers crossed.

3 members like this post: dirtybob29, oppweld, tirespinner
2/24/23, 7:20 PM   #12
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
As an old guy, who just turned 60, I am really looking forward to this season. As long as the money holds out, I have several excursions I am really looking forward to. I am hoping to take a road trip with my old buddy Coach to PA in June. He moved to FL several years ago, but we have traveled to races together since 1982. Followed by a trip with my wife to WI the next weekend. If all goes well, I will hit 5 new tracks in 10 days. Haven't done that in a while.
In July, I plan on going to Macon for USAC Sprints. Saw a really good POWRi midget race there last year, and have always wondered what Sprints would be like there. $10,000 to win the second night, should be good. My first time at Macon was the famous Jack Hewitt night.
In August, the Jason Leffler race at Wayne County, Tony Bettenhausen 100 at Springfield the next day, followed by USAC Midgets that night at Macon. then the next week is the Smackdown for $30,000 to win. If I haven't broke the bank, or wore myself out, a Silver Crown, IndyCar double header is at St Louis the next evening. I really like Silver Crown cars there.
Still plan on the week of Indy, Little 500, most of midget and sprint weeks, BC 39, James Dean Classic, followed by the 4 crown. Hoping this is a good year for everyone. Anyone have anything they are looking forward to?
60 "old"????.... you're just a young whippersnapper. Knowing that you're coming to Eastern Storm makes my attendance mandatory. Not the whole thing tho, can't leave my 100 yr.old Mom alone for too long.... now thats OLD!

2/24/23, 8:31 PM   #13
duel

May do PA tour. Driving to st Pete for indycar race and then over to Daytona 200 next weekend. Florida, yes looking forward to warmth.

2/25/23, 11:18 AM   #14
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Already have my room for Knoxville. Plan is to hit Bloomington and Haubstadt in April. Hoping Terre Haute Silver Crown can happen that Sunday, but I am not optimistic. Kokomo USAC midgets, and Hoosier Hundred at IRP on Sunday. If all goes as planned, Paragon on March 11 will be the first race.
I really wanted to do Belleville, but one daughter graduates from college then, and the other has to be in Finland. That means i will probably help with my Grandson. He would love to go, but will still be in school.
Knoxville? WINGS????

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/25/23, 11:37 AM   #15
Stephen Cording

I'm just looking forward to getting back to Indiana following the COVID years.

It's been a long lay off. Last year's Oval Nationals was a much needed racing fix, but it ain't Indiana.

2/25/23, 5:10 PM   #16
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Just won $50$ on a scratch off so Im set for the summer. See you at the races

2/25/23, 5:48 PM   #17
miledirt

Will do the usual Springfield and DuQuoin, hopefully at least one trip to Haubstadt

All-Stars at Benton Mo
and POWRI / XR midgets at Doe Run

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oppweld, tirespinner, TNRustler
2/27/23, 12:17 AM   #18
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Aha! Now I know who got all that promised Brexit money.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider
2/27/23, 4:02 PM   #19
kb78

I have already said that I am looking forward to this season but it is especially so because I have been telling my wife for years that I wanted to follow Indiana Sprint week and this year I am. I went out and bought a truck and a camper and if I have any money left at all for gas I will be towing west for the series. We are also planning on the Knoxville USAC race. Hoping to add Knoxville, Haubstadt, Circle City and Florence to my been to list this year.
I will be on at a later date looking for tips and advice for my week and a half trip into the new idea of camping at all of the tracks.

2/27/23, 4:23 PM   #20
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
Aha! Now I know who got all that promised Brexit money.
Not sure what that means, but I didn't get any money.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking Forward