IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Respect/Rules
7/26/22, 12:15 PM   #31
Re: USAC Respect/Rules
Jonr

Why does it feel like we have revisionist history about the Ballou suspension. It wasn't one tweet. It was a series of tweets over a period of time.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, erich45, fish, Will Shunk
7/26/22, 12:43 PM   #32
streetglider

Let me make this very simple. I don't care if you are a Ballou fan or not as we all like different drivers. This are USACs RULES directly from their organization (previously posted). The RULES must be enforced top to bottom, not cherry picked, and randomly enforced.
Example 1- USAC sprint car RULES state car (and driver) must weigh 1375 lbs. I think we have all seen DQs for being light at the scales by a few pounds, it's in the RULES. That does not mean that driver A can weigh 1373 lbs and get by with it, and driver B weighs 1368 lbs and wins the race. It is simply ENFORCING the RULE BOOK. To run any successful organization of any kind the RULES must be followed. I posted the penalties for 10.30 Assault or Battery previously.
Example 2- Traction control devices are prohibited. The penalties for this according to USAC 315 D are suspension/loss of points. That does not mean that driver A can run with traction control and driver B can not run with traction control, because it's in the RULE BOOK. If an organization wants to run a biased good ole boys club then they should throw away the rule book and not randomly enforce penalties. I think that traditional sprint car racing is the best thing since sliced bread, however the recent trend of the USAC organization is disappointing.
Last edited by streetglider; 7/26/22 at 12:46 PM.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
7/26/22, 1:41 PM   #33
BrentTFunk

So if Leary is fined. Then there is no complaint? Am I right?

7/26/22, 1:53 PM   #34
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

"IF" any kind of "punishment" is passed down I'd be very surprised if it happened this week,or at all?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
7/26/22, 2:03 PM   #35
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
10.30 Assault or Battery – Any person that goes into another competitor’s pit area or car and becomes involved in any type of
altercation will be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemed
appropriate by USAC
Please keep in mind these rules that you have quoted have created a gray area. It says deemed appropriate by USAC which leaves it open ended and creates a judgment call. Not all parties will be happy when a judgement is made.

I understand a guy was strapped in his car when there was a temper tantrum thrown, but how many of you have posted about the way rough driving was handled in the past? There aren’t stories of suspensions and fines, it’s about throwing a punch or getting a black eye to solve the issue based on the way a lot of you talk. While all these issues could have been handled more appropriately, you live and learn.

Personally, a guy owning up to a mistake goes a long way but there are 22-24 victims that start the feature on most nights. While each of these guys had a mic in their face yesterday, there were no apologies issued from either party.

I believe if there are fines, suspensions, warnings, or what have you, they don’t always need to be known for the public. It’s ok for not everyone to know all the details.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
7/26/22, 2:28 PM   #36
racefan20

But if we did know the details, like most other professional organizations provide, then this whole conversation wouldnt have happened, correct?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/26/22, 4:15 PM   #37
chrismattlin

I've said it once and I'll say it again, USAC is missing Levi Jones. He was caring, fair, respected, and kept the house in order. Roger Penske ain't no fool!

7/26/22, 4:16 PM   #38
FrankR63

BINGO - not what you know its' who you blow - typical political BS - Leary is a COWARD

4 members like this post: 1021gpa, Hustlin-Hoosier, Russ, ShamrockRacin'48G
7/26/22, 4:19 PM   #39
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
But if we did know the details, like most other professional organizations provide, then this whole conversation wouldnt have happened, correct?
All making the details public does is show you that the sanctioning body did something (or not), whether the action they took (or didn't) is still up for debate.

Frankly I think the Jack Hewitt solution worked very well for a long time. Sadly, in this day and age of lawsuits, kiddies at the wheel, crew and family members stepping in, the real message never gets across.

7/26/22, 4:20 PM   #40
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankR63 View Post
BINGO - not what you know its' who you blow - typical political BS - Leary is a COWARD
Well...... I don't know about all that, but I have always thought it cowardly to physically confront somebody strapped in their car.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Respect/Rules