IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Xtreme Outlaw Series Sprints. Monday - Volusia. 37 signed in
2/16/22, 11:38 AM   #61
Re: Xtreme Outlaw Series Sprints. Monday - Volusia. 37 signe
BrentTFunk

I personally don't think we need the double file restart gimmick. Let NASCAR and the Outlaws be that extreme.

2/16/22, 2:02 PM   #62
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I disagree with everything you posted. As a fan, I like to watch single car qualifying and don't want to see the same seven to ten cars on the track three different times. (Hot laps, Qualifying and Heat) also double file restarts breed more cautions and allow someone to game the system if it's a one groove track.
Happy New year Chuck. Glad to see I can count on you and Brent to keep ringing the we always did it that way so that’s how it should be bell. Might be why the incumbent sanction keeps losing more and more of its teams. Run the same tired show and pay low purses. Got it.
Gaming the system because it’s a one groove track. That’s a new one. If it’s a one groove track whether it’s too heavy or rubber down, then the racing sux. Clearly the perception of quality racing is different for us because at no time would I walk away happy with one groove racing in the A. It’s as dumb as watching one car at a time racing against nothing. Unfortunately the gimmick as it is being called has worked out, for if it caused so many extra cautions it would have gone back to the old boring way. One can hope that we progress like others.

3 members like this post: bigvee, Charles Nungester, tirespinner
2/16/22, 3:26 PM   #63
The Old Coyote

It seems to me that one advantage group qualifying by heat, then lining up the feature by points, is that you lessen the effect of changing track conditions because everyone in your heat had the same track conditions.

2 members like this post: tirespinner, Will Shunk
2/16/22, 3:54 PM   #64
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Nice to see no single car qualifying. A waste of time,tires, and fuel as well as unnecessary wear on the surface. The faster cars in hot laps were inverted and the points were earned because of passing. Not just getting to a spot to relay on the aforementioned boring time trials. This format will allow for a variety of guys to be up front throughout the year. I won’t be the same five or six teams who spend the most money on a two lap setup. Kudos to them for being different. Now if only they would adopt double file restarts it would be even more extreme. ��
Why stop there! Let's add Mid race fuel stops, Stage racing and a Australian Pursuit?

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, chrismattlin, K9Racer, oldfan49, opnwhlmnd
2/16/22, 4:04 PM   #65
nodramazone20

I like the fact that Extreme Sprint division would try something different from the same old TT/Heats/Feature concept and go with a Group deal.....Maybe they do not stick with this going forward, but at least try it and see how the drivers, teams and fans react to it. I have always been against the double file restarts because I was not sure the race directors and teams could all get on the same page night in and night out, and that it would drag out the program. I am open to the idea if it can be done efficiently and it makes the racing better night in and night out.

2 members like this post: tirespinner, WinglessLovers
2/16/22, 4:29 PM   #66
nodramazone20

Did anyone else notice that over the 2 nights of racing, I do not recall one race start being called back because a driver jumped the start??..I assume because the drivers knew there was no MULLIGAN pass?? It will be interesting to see if this is the case Thursday-Saturday in Ocala.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/16/22, 5:29 PM   #67
cshuman

We called back and put one car back. Everyone did a good job both nights.

2/16/22, 5:54 PM   #68
TQ29m

I was good either way, but I didn't like restarts because of knowing it was a good way to tear up a lot of equipment, I really preferred the cone, but not everyone seemed to understand it.

2/16/22, 6:03 PM   #69
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
We called back and put one car back. Everyone did a good job both nights.
Thought Tuesday was run off real well. Considering a lot of cars, and some untimely rain

2/16/22, 6:04 PM   #70
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Happy New year Chuck. Glad to see I can count on you and Brent to keep ringing the we always did it that way so that’s how it should be bell. Might be why the incumbent sanction keeps losing more and more of its teams. Run the same tired show and pay low purses. Got it.
Gaming the system because it’s a one groove track. That’s a new one. If it’s a one groove track whether it’s too heavy or rubber down, then the racing sux. Clearly the perception of quality racing is different for us because at no time would I walk away happy with one groove racing in the A. It’s as dumb as watching one car at a time racing against nothing. Unfortunately the gimmick as it is being called has worked out, for if it caused so many extra cautions it would have gone back to the old boring way. One can hope that we progress like others.
Let me get this straight. You think qualifying is boring. You think single file restarts are boring. You say the whole program is "tired and old". I'll tell you what I think is tired, old and boring: your incessant criticism of everything USAC does.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Xtreme Outlaw Series Sprints. Monday - Volusia. 37 signed in