IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racetrack photography
6/12/18, 5:04 AM   #11
Re: Racetrack photography
Can26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
Are you the guy that acted like a total knucklehead at I-96 when I simply asked you to pose for a photo with your car? --- Jim Fisher
Yes. Are the same knucklehead that could not handle " please no pictures"? By the way, you are the inspiration for my next graffix package....hope you enjoy it. ;-)

6/12/18, 8:20 AM   #12
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can26 View Post
Yes. Are the same knucklehead that could not handle " please no pictures"? By the way, you are the inspiration for my next graffix package....hope you enjoy it. ;-)
First off if you asked him to not take photos, out of courtesy I guess he shouldn't have.
Second off if you did ask him to not take a photo, knucklehead is way to mellow of a phrase on his part.
"please no pictures" theres no way after hearing that I would consider you anything but a assclown and I would consider it my duty to snap away.

3 members like this post: fish, hilly, interpreter66
6/12/18, 4:45 PM   #13
Can26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
First off if you asked him to not take photos, out of courtesy I guess he shouldn't have.
Second off if you did ask him to not take a photo, knucklehead is way to mellow of a phrase on his part.
"please no pictures" theres no way after hearing that I would consider you anything but a assclown and I would consider it my duty to snap away.
Consider me an assclown then and many other things as well. I would be offended if I valued your opinion. I'm not, and I don't.

6/12/18, 6:00 PM   #14
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can26 View Post
Consider me an assclown then and many other things as well. I would be offended if I valued your opinion. I'm not, and I don't.
There was no "please no pictures" just a total knucklehead going off about how some other photog had made you mad. Your own teammate thought you acted like a total horse's butt and told you to apologize for it.

There are 200 driver photos from last season here. These guys were much more polite. --- Jim Fisher

https://fscpictorial.smugmug.com/201.../2017-Drivers/
Last edited by fish; 6/12/18 at 7:11 PM.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
6/12/18, 7:09 PM   #15
Blacki-Suede

Back in the day, when my family promoted The Burg, Jack Gladback was one of a handful of photographers we were always honored to have at our Speedway. Our track photographer John “Chip” Butler supplied us with photos for our weekly results manuscripts and race promotions in exchange for selling photos at the Speedway. Remember this was before digital, so John had to go home Saturday night and print photos to be sent out Sunday afternoon. I do remember asking a credentialed photographer to leave, after he was nearly run over several time while shooting photos. Advice: work with the promoter, be cordial, act professional, ask what you, as a photographer, can do for them - and don’t get run over!

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, davidm, fish, hoosierboy3, tirespinner, wallbanger II
6/12/18, 7:23 PM   #16
Nate

Totally agree with what the rest of the photographers have said. Buy a pit pass to get started, get to know the people, the rest will follow. At least, that’s been my experience.

I basically do more updates than anything and just take my camera along sometimes for my blog articles. Although I’ve stepped back a bit this season because realized I was getting so caught up in snapping photos and doing updates...I missed a lot of the action.

That said, I’ve gotten to know some of the people around that state that run and promote tracks and if I’m at the track and ask or I fill out their credential request online, they’re glad to have me. Others have said to my face that I’m not legit, which is fine too, whatever. I just do what I can to help the sport out but in the end I’m mostly a fan which it seems like from what you said, you are too.

Good luck!

3 members like this post: fish, hoosierboy3, tirespinner
6/12/18, 9:38 PM   #17
hoosierboy3

Thanks for the info everyone. Really meant for this post to be strictly informational. Seems you can’t put anything on here, let alone anywhere on the internet, without it starting some type of circus.

4 members like this post: cmakin, fish, racenut69, tirespinner
6/15/18, 1:21 AM   #18
tirespinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacki-Suede View Post
Back in the day, when my family promoted The Burg, Jack Gladback was one of a handful of photographers we were always honored to have at our Speedway. Our track photographer John “Chip” Butler supplied us with photos for our weekly results manuscripts and race promotions in exchange for selling photos at the Speedway. Remember this was before digital, so John had to go home Saturday night and print photos to be sent out Sunday afternoon. I do remember asking a credentialed photographer to leave, after he was nearly run over several time while shooting photos. Advice: work with the promoter, be cordial, act professional, ask what you, as a photographer, can do for them - and don’t get run over!
I just Love hearing that Name “Jack Gladback” I got a few of his Photos years ago Thank And TQ29 Bob Rich Winings

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Ricks Pics
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racetrack photography