IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Belleville Midget Nationals
12/9/17, 7:47 PM   #31
Re: to jonr
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by grader47 View Post
contract was never an issue USAC would bring it with them the week of the race unless the track asked for it earlier insurance was never problem...........
You really want us to believe that USAC doesn't have signed contracts with all of the venues on the schedule??? How do you know the status of the insurance that USAC has???

I am upset as well with the midget nationals not coming back. It was a great event that was close enough for me to attend every year. However, I am not going to buy in to all of the conspiracy theories and I am not going to buy into the victim mentality either.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/9/17, 10:09 PM   #32
Jonr
grader47

That was normal for USAC and Belleville

12/10/17, 12:01 AM   #33
Re: No Belleville Midget Nationals
Pat O'Connor Fan

I find it sad to see that Tim is reading this at the same time I am, but in my mind, I "just knew" he eventually see it. I'm not being PC, just being another fan who realizes that folks can cause much pain when they do not consider the feelings of others.

6 members like this post: Bobv, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racefan20
12/10/17, 6:41 PM   #34
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by grader47 View Post
contract was never an issue USAC would bring it with them the week of the race unless the track asked for it earlier insurance was never problem as far as the new venues and promoters Cody Brewer started a race in Fairbury Nb 2 years ago and has been trying to get Belleville to change the track to a smaller size the volunteer race board doesn't feel they have the right to change a track that is county owned and has 107 years of history so this year USAC decides to have a 2 day race in Fairbury and the first race of the 5 race series is at a track that Cody Brewer owns and promotes in Oklahoma the race board contacted several owners and drivers they all knew nothing of USAC's decision until the PRI show
Would you be willing to furnish names, including yours. Are you directly involved? What position do you hold? Were you at PRI, or did you hear it from someone who heard it from someone? Not saying your wrong. I just want to know who to ask.

12/11/17, 10:06 AM   #35
ossuks

Do not know what the business practice is today but it was not uncommon to have a USAC contract signed on race day, and when we went to Belleville we always took the contract with us.

The North Central Kansas Free Fair had 2 fair boards, I believe they referred to them as the east and west (yes 2 fair boards for 1 little county style fair). As far back as 8 years ago the board was considering ending the Nationals, but they really wanted to get to a certain year for some sentimental reason. Keep in mind that not only the fair Board but the people of Belleville looked forward to this event, it was their passion, it was their "baby".

With the 2 Fair Boards there was no room for error which made the Nationals a HUGE financial risk for Fair Board members. The members were on the hook for a $100,000 plus purse. I know this for a fact, they put up THEIR OWN MONEY and then hoped to recoup it. They did business as a solid, they paid in CASH, you got your money 1 hour after the race!!!! Now from here on I am assuming, everything prior is FACT. The members were wanting to end this event, they were tired of the yearly pressure of this event, it was a huge financial risk to them. When it is real money, and it is YOUR money, every year, with no safety net??? Maybe, the Fair Board has changed, my guess is that there are few if any left from when Belleville Midget Nationals were at their glory. It does not have to be anyone's fault that their are no Nationals. Maybe just a different group of people with a different idea of what they want to do at THEIR fair.

7 members like this post: billw, BrentTFunk, Crankin, erich45, Jonr, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
12/11/17, 12:30 PM   #36
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
It does not have to be anyone's fault that their are no Nationals.
I hope you know you've ruined the day for a select group that believe EVERYTHING is somebody's fault, Well done!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5 members like this post: billw, BrentTFunk, Jonr, Pat O'Connor Fan, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Belleville Midget Nationals