IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Belleville Midget Nationals
12/8/17, 1:05 PM   #21
Re: No Belleville Midget Nationals
ISF

Moving the Belleville Nationals to another venue probably would be a case similar to the Hut 100. It'll never be the same.

12/8/17, 3:03 PM   #22
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
I love coming to IOW and finding such valuable social commentary. People diagnosing their own world's problems and extending them to the entire world, that of which each one of us has very little understanding of.

In my world, filtering out unnecessary words in the name of decency and being kinder is cool with me. I'm not saying limit the first amendment. By all means, you can say whatever you want, but people are going to view you based on those actions.

Was the BC comment necessary? I don't see how it could be, didn't seem to add anything. We all know it happened, and it's a painful thing to be reminded of. God forbid any of the Clauson family being on here to randomly see that.

I don't see how political correctness was dragged into this. Do you really think he said to think about posting about what happened to Bryan in the name of political correctness? I don't know sprint fan, but I'd say it was probably more in the name of just being a decent person.

I'll save you some work in your response. I know these thoughts are the problem with my generation, I'm a snowflake, more unoriginal thoughts, etc.

On Belleville, that's definitely a bummer. Wish I could've made it out there some time. Midgets are steadily becoming my favorite cars to watch, excited for Du Quoin.
Agree with just about everything you said. There is a difference between "political correctness" & common decency...
Midgets are also becoming my fave....

3 members like this post: GYATK94, Kydehart, WinglessLovers
12/8/17, 3:24 PM   #23
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by grader47 View Post
USAC didn’t even discuss this with the track the track found out from second hand information as of October everything was still in place for 2018 according to Levi
Anyways.... back on topic:

Assuming this info is TRUE, which I am not countering, it makes the whole scenario odd. By not holding the event, I would immediately assume it was the promoter's decision. The promoter/track pays the USAC sanction fees, hopes a lot of cars show up, drums up the purse to pay all, and hope to get it all back with ticket sales, concessions, etc. If the promoter took a bath last time out, I could see why the brakes were put on for 2018.

But if USAC pulled the plug...... why? Start the head scratching. They are getting their money. They are out nothing. Maybe they raised the sanctioning fees beyond what the promoter felt fair and manageable?

Too bad either way for fans of this event.

3 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, jdull99
12/8/17, 5:09 PM   #24
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Low car counts and low car quality make your series look bad. PR.

12/8/17, 5:42 PM   #25
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
There is a difference between "political correctness" & common decency...
It would be nice if people learned the difference so as to not confuse the two...

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/8/17, 6:04 PM   #26
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
It would be nice if people learned the difference so as to not confuse the two...
Politically correct is the watering down of your words so that no one could be offended or hurt, and softens your opinion so that you can waffle and take it back if some how it did.

Common decency is changing your words because you know they are offensive, and that's not what you mean to be. But you still have a strong opinion.

1 member likes this post: bobO
12/8/17, 8:56 PM   #27
Jonr

I will be really sad if the Midget Nationals has ended. I always looked forward to this weekend. Belleville had an energy about it that no other track has. Watching the drivers go as fast as they were, running inches away from each other and the wall, and then throwing extreme sliders separated it from all other tracks. Midgets are my favorite class, and I have never seen anything like them at Belleville.

I think we need to start separating what we know as fact, and what we are just speculating on.

Facts: BC lost his life at Belleville in 2016. in 2017, Ryan Robertson was in a crash that caused him vision problems and he had to miss some races because of it. Both of these drivers were in the best equipment in the business.

The community has done a great job of raising the purse to increase the car count of the event which should be applauded. However, many of the teams that they are attracting do not have the equipment/experience to be competitive. Thus, as another poster stated that many cars in the A-Main could not remain the minimum speed.

USAC worked with three other promoters in this area to re-arrange the heartland schedule. All of these promoters would have known that USAC was not going back to Belleville.

Belleville knew that they did not have a signed contract with USAC.

POWRi had disassociated itself with Belleville many years ago and had been actively scheduling it against for several years.

One of the new venues (Sweet Springs) is a tiny facility with a tiny grandstand, but they can afford the sanction fees.

These things are all facts. Everything is just speculation. I wonder if there is something that we have not thought of. Did the insurance company play a part in this? Did the national owners play a part in this? Did they finally agree that the cars were going to fast and the risks were too high?

12/9/17, 8:13 AM   #28
miledirt

Would the Silver Crown series, champ dirt cars work at Belleville, KS?

2 members like this post: jdull99, Task Force
12/9/17, 9:10 AM   #29
sp6967

It's just another race.races come and go.if one of you whiners want a belleville nationals go ahead and cough up the cash.

12/9/17, 11:25 AM   #30
Re: to jonr
grader47

contract was never an issue USAC would bring it with them the week of the race unless the track asked for it earlier insurance was never problem as far as the new venues and promoters Cody Brewer started a race in Fairbury Nb 2 years ago and has been trying to get Belleville to change the track to a smaller size the volunteer race board doesn't feel they have the right to change a track that is county owned and has 107 years of history so this year USAC decides to have a 2 day race in Fairbury and the first race of the 5 race series is at a track that Cody Brewer owns and promotes in Oklahoma the race board contacted several owners and drivers they all knew nothing of USAC's decision until the PRI show
Last edited by grader47; 12/9/17 at 11:32 AM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Belleville Midget Nationals