IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi National Midgets Open In FL. in 2018
10/27/17, 1:59 PM   #21
Re: POWRi National Midgets Open In FL. in 2018
modirt19

I hope their race is a success.
I don't want to be a negative post but Powri has issues getting enough cars in their backyard for a 3/8 mile track at Granite City.

10/27/17, 2:02 PM   #22
markmckeon

One might also wish to consider this pregnant sentence from USAC's September 5 press release, which announced the Sprint Car schedule at Bubba's: "Additionally, further USAC dates in Florida during February 2018 are under discussion."

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Stevensville Mike
10/27/17, 2:17 PM   #23
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmckeon View Post
One might also wish to consider this pregnant sentence from USAC's September 5 press release, which announced the Sprint Car schedule at Bubba's: "Additionally, further USAC dates in Florida during February 2018 are under discussion."
Good eye, Mark. Good eye. This POWRi thing might morph into something more/else.

2 members like this post: fish, PIT CART
10/28/17, 12:05 PM   #24
grantman

Its a shame they aren't running with USAC sprints, some of the drivers would take both cars.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
10/28/17, 3:42 PM   #25
BrentTFunk

My guess would be they are renting the track. I think any series would have to have KKM and Clauson Marshall Racing to get a field in the mid 20's that far away from their base. I think the track could be interesting for midgets. With that big sweeping north turn, you will need a stout motor to be competitive. It seems their partner Wayne Davis may take the biggest hit from this. I wish everyone success.

4 members like this post: Crankin, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, Wayne Davis
10/28/17, 7:20 PM   #26
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman View Post
Its a shame they aren't running with USAC sprints, some of the drivers would take both cars.
Now that is genius, makes perfect sense and I'd pay extra to see that.

10/28/17, 7:40 PM   #27
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Good track for midgets, running a USAC Sprint combo would be FAN-tastic.

10/29/17, 2:56 AM   #28
cshuman

Definitely not renting the track

2 members like this post: PIT CART, trackprep
10/29/17, 5:40 AM   #29
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
It seems their partner Wayne Davis may take the biggest hit from this. I wish everyone success.
After talking with the track owner today we will not be paying $10,000.00 to win as we had plan to do in Feb. 2018. In fact we even spoke of canceling the Gator"DIRT"Nationals for 2018 because of this...Our date was published back in August. It is what it is and the fact we where going........nuff said....Thanks to all that has supported this event the last 6 years. Will keep everyone informed if we have or we cancel in the next couple weeks so you the racer can make the proper changes to your schedule.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

10/29/17, 8:21 AM   #30
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
After talking with the track owner today we will not be paying $10,000.00 to win as we had plan to do in Feb. 2018. In fact we even spoke of canceling the Gator"DIRT"Nationals for 2018 because of this...Our date was published back in August. It is what it is and the fact we where going........nuff said....Thanks to all that has supported this event the last 6 years. Will keep everyone informed if we have or we cancel in the next couple weeks so you the racer can make the proper changes to your schedule.
One of these days I hope you get some good luck. You do a lot of work.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi National Midgets Open In FL. in 2018