IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo
6/12/17, 9:34 PM   #61
Re: Kokomo
BrentTFunk

[QUOTE=Nate;475412]You're right Brent, I wasn't there, didn't know you had to be at a race to post about that event on IOW. If that's a pre-req I have no idea how this website has as many comments as it does.QUOTE]
Just using you as point. The people who are regular complainers on here are the ones who aren't there. Several of us joked about it all week. I always say I can't wait to get home so someone who wasn't there can tell me what a rotten time I had. If you have something nice to say, say it on social media. If you have a problem, tell the person face to face.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
6/12/17, 9:45 PM   #62
ThePurple73

Don't they make water fountains any more?

6/12/17, 10:07 PM   #63
Nate

Brent, then I guess it's a good thing I go to races every once in awhile...

That said, I was really rubbed the wrong way by the whole, "You weren't there" comment. You used it on both Chuck & I. Just because I chose to stay home, save a few bucks and not go to work today on a couple hours of sleep doesn't mean I don't care. I spend my weekends (and sometimes weeks) traveling where a 20-something with a fulltime job can to go to races and sometimes I'm even nice enough to post results on here when some tracks wont get around to it until Monday. I care just as much as the next fan about the health of the sport. I go to the races I can, buy all the t-shirts, and run a blog (for free) that promotes sprint cars in Indiana to the effect of 15,014 visitors as of 5 minutes ago in the past 7 days just because I love sprints and I want to see them thrive. I care. I don't want to go to a race to see just 8 sprints show up, I don't want to see half empty stands and I sure as hell don't want to see tracks closing. Last weekend I went to a race at LPS and as soon as it was over drove like a bat out of hell down to Paragon to catch their sprint car feature, I don't think that's indicative of someone who just wants to sit at home and complain and tell you that you just wasted your time at a particular race.

So I don't know if I was reading into your complaining comment wrong or the "you weren't there" comment wrong and if I did, I apologize. For the second time, I had no problem with what transpired at Kokomo. The guy was wrong...or maybe just group me in with your IOWCB.

5 members like this post: 2fast4u, flagboy55, hoosier race fan, oppweld, PIT CART
6/12/17, 10:38 PM   #64
tdt636

WOW!!! Everyone is so grouchy. Is it the heat or is everyone getting ready to start their period? 😃😃😃

4 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
6/12/17, 10:43 PM   #65
david mitchell
Banned

You can't make that comment about starting period.it is offensive to women.we live in a politically correct society.shame on you.

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
6/12/17, 10:47 PM   #66
tdt636

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
You can't make that comment about starting period.it is offensive to women.we live in a politically correct society.shame on you.
Oh....my apologies 😀

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
6/12/17, 11:01 PM   #67
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Particularly when it seems to be mostly men on this thread.... 🤔

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, mc/rider, racenut69, ronmil, tdt636
6/12/17, 11:12 PM   #68
Rpracing1

I'm not the smartest bulb in the box, but I would like for someone to explain to me why someone would actually pay for a Facebook Live post? Or was that not the actual case as reported? Just dumbfounded? Not sure how that could possibly even work? Please clarify. No controversy, just trying to comprehend. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 6/12/17 at 11:37 PM.

1 member likes this post: dstensland
6/12/17, 11:38 PM   #69
tdt636

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Particularly when it seems to be mostly men on this thread.... 🤔
🍦🍦Here ya go Jen. Sit back and enjoy the show

1 member likes this post: wildman92
6/13/17, 2:08 AM   #70
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I'm not the smartest bulb in the box, but I would like for someone to explain to me why someone would actually pay for a Facebook Live post? Or was that not the actual case as reported? Just dumbfounded? Not sure how that could possibly even work? Please clarify. No controversy, just trying to comprehend. Thanks in advance!

It's not the case for the Facebook steamers.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo