Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington
7/16/16, 11:06 AM   #41
Re: Bloomington
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
FEATURE: Beauchamp, Bacon, Darland, K.Thomas, Meseraull, Leary, Hodges, Coons, Andretti, Ballou, Boespflug, B.Short, Hopkins, Windom, Mattox, Cummins, Stanbrough, Chapple, Stockon, Jarrett, T.Thomas, J.Kinser, Jackson.

FEATURE LAP LEADERS: Laps 1-4 Darland, Lap 5 Beauchamp, Laps 6-7 Darland, Laps 8-15 Beauchamp, Lap 16 Darland, Lap 17 Beauchamp, Laps 18-19 Darland, Laps 20-30 Beauchamp.

KSE/B&W Auto Mart Hard Charger: Robert Ballou (17th to 10th)
Jen,

It was a pleasure finally meeting one of IOW's best contributors. Enjoyed our chat and look forward to seeing you at Indiana's finest tracks for a long time to come. Couldn't resist that ice cream, eh!

Bruce Eckel

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Obie, tirespinner, wildman92
7/16/16, 11:13 AM   #42
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Jen,

It was a pleasure finally meeting one of IOW's best contributors. Enjoyed our chat and look forward to seeing you at Indiana's finest tracks for a long time to come. Couldn't resist that ice cream, eh!

Bruce Eckel
Yes! They finally had twist available so I hurried and got one before they ran out!! Just doing my part...

Was great to meet you as well. Love putting faces with names!

7/16/16, 11:39 AM   #43
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Had a good time, Was glad to see DD and Beauchamp run side by side for several laps. But in the back of my mind was saying, If they hadn't run the racesaver first the top would have held up. Still it was the first time in a NW sprint feature I seen glimpses of the old Bloomington, One high, on low going toe to toe.

I only got Vanilla in my Twist and it was the only concession Item I got all night. Got more hugs from Susan and Deb and a DD T Shirt that Tristany said they didn't charge more for bigger sizes, I was shocked and happy!

Glad for Beauchamp, He was one that would come down the old burg a lot but hasn't much if any since. But I've kept tabs and seen him at LPS several times.

Wasn't even planning on going but Terre Haute was rained out so I switched days for my two day trip.

2 members like this post: DHayes818, racegal
7/16/16, 1:57 PM   #44
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Yes! They finally had twist available so I hurried and got one before they ran out!! Just doing my part...

Was great to meet you as well. Love putting faces with names!
Jen,

I had never tried their ice cream, but Earlene saw someone with some and said she wanted some, so I watched the first heat from the ice cream line and bought two twists. I give it two thumbs up!

1 member likes this post: wildman92
7/16/16, 2:41 PM   #45
Keith5186

Did someone win50-50? Could not hear no. Speakers not working to the turn 4 side of flag an. Plus I don! Understand why they have to do this when cars are runnIng.

7/16/16, 7:29 PM   #46
DHayes818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith5186 View Post
Did someone win50-50? Could not hear no. Speakers not working to the turn 4 side of flag an. Plus I don! Understand why they have to do this when cars are runnIng.
They announced a winning name. $1700+ is a remarkable amount

7/16/16, 7:38 PM   #47
DHayes818

First trip to Bloomington and thoroughly enjoyed it. Throwback to the old days at the Burg. Race Savers were impressive. Can't wait to come back with a better understanding of staking out our vantage point. Was out of the back parking lot in 10 minutes. Stopped at Kroger and still was back at Hardin Ridge in 45 minutes. Twist was good! And BW cried again.
Last edited by DHayes818; 7/16/16 at 7:39 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington