IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City and Kokomo
6/17/16, 2:32 PM   #21
PIT CART

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Kokomo is a great track & I've enjoyed every visit (2 Smackdowns) But its the only place I've EVER seen a fan in the stands with a gun on his hip.... why?
Welcome to Indiana.

6/17/16, 5:11 PM   #22
Re: Gas City and Kokomo
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Kokomo is a great track & I've enjoyed every visit (2 Smackdowns) But its the only place I've EVER seen a fan in the stands with a gun on his hip.... why?
Off duty police? My pops was required to carry in his own county, On duty or not and its a good rule to have.

The Trouble Makers don't use holsters anyway. IMO The more the merrier.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, pushinthecushin
6/17/16, 5:47 PM   #23
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

Maybe he was skeered of something lol

6/17/16, 5:49 PM   #24
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Off duty police? My pops was required to carry in his own county, On duty or not and its a good rule to have.

The Trouble Makers don't use holsters anyway. IMO The more the merrier.
Could have been a cop, but I doubt it, long hair, looked more like a biker, probably had Harley T-shirt

6/17/16, 7:39 PM   #25
TQ29m

Why not? I just ate at Applebee's, young couple came in, with a baby, he had a hog on his hip, I don't normally open carry, because that's the person who gets the first round, I was in the military, and cc everywhere, even in the Pentagon, had to, required, and I wore a suit and tie, you get used to it! Bob

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, davidm
6/17/16, 8:20 PM   #26
Nate

It's not illegal to do so as long as you have your permit to carry.

You could carry at any of these tracks, with the exception of the state fairgrounds, and I'm sure plenty of people do, if you conceal like you're suppose to nobody else would ever know, which is the point of a concealed carry.

However if you have a firearm and someone from any track tasks you to leave or to go put your firearm away, it's your job to follow their rules or you could be charged with trespassing as its private property and you have to live by their rules.

2 members like this post: fish, PIT CART
6/17/16, 11:35 PM   #27
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
It's not illegal to do so as long as you have your permit to carry.

You could carry at any of these tracks, with the exception of the state fairgrounds, and I'm sure plenty of people do, if you conceal like you're suppose to nobody else would ever know, which is the point of a concealed carry.

However if you have a firearm and someone from any track tasks you to leave or to go put your firearm away, it's your job to follow their rules or you could be charged with trespassing as its private property and you have to live by their rules.
Yea, but why bring it in the first place?

1 member likes this post: fish
6/18/16, 2:07 AM   #28
Nate

Quote:
Yea, but why bring it in the first place?
IOW isn't a place I like to discuss anything outside the realm of racing but I will say people, in today's times people may feel inclined to carry because when it comes down to it, you are responsible for your own safety and lets face it, there are nut jobs everywhere.

Personally have I ever felt threatened at a race track? Not really but I have seen some crazy things happen at race tracks. Hell, just last weekend I was at the Dream over at Eldora and there was a brawl over the fact Bloomquist didn't make the feature.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART
7/6/16, 2:58 PM   #29
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

Just a couple days away. Rain is looking to impart some say in the matter at Gas City. How hard do the tracks down there work to get the show in and is there a curfew that work against? Thanks for all the previous info. The 3 of us are looking forward to it.

7/6/16, 3:13 PM   #30
MIKE HEIMEL

What Would We Do Without IOW ? Sometimes More Funny Than Facebook !! QUITYERBITCHIN And Enjoy ISW. All The Tracks Are Awesome And So Are The Shows !! Thanks To The Promoters And Teams That Make Us All Smile In July !!! From North To West To East To South We Are Lucky Race Fans !!
PS The Half Moon Is The Place Youll Find The HARF Prez And Myself Saturday Afternoon. Hope To See You There !!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City and Kokomo