IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City and Kokomo
6/10/16, 5:00 PM   #11
Re: Gas City and Kokomo
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

I suggest not taking food or drink into Kokomo.

Was in Indiana a couple of weeks ago during the Indy 500 week. Doing the Bryan Clauson Double package deal. We get to Kokomo, eat supper they provided and I go walking in with a cup of ICE. Just ice, that is all. The nazi at the main gate totally disrespects me. I understand that I may have not been following rules, but when he TOUCHED me, then proceeded to ask "Can you read?" ..... Let me explain, every other track we went to that week allowed me to bring my drinks in.. Terre Haute, The Mile, Putnamville, Bloomington, they all allowed it. So no, I was not thinking to look for a sign that says I can't. Excuse me for assuming. ... He is lucky I was not driving my own vehicle and kind of at the mercy of not having my own way out of there, next time he touches me I will make damn sure he doesn't have the physical ability to ever touch anyone again. ... Moral of the story, keep youR ICE in the truck. Or Hitler will try to give you some (as Jack Hewitt would say) "His shirt says staff, so now he has some authority."

6/10/16, 6:12 PM   #12
racefan20

Ummm did you notice the policeman right next to him? I think if you try to harm him the policeman will take care of it before you can do the damage you apparently would like to do.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
6/10/16, 6:26 PM   #13
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter View Post
I suggest not taking food or drink into Kokomo.

Was in Indiana a couple of weeks ago during the Indy 500 week. Doing the Bryan Clauson Double package deal. We get to Kokomo, eat supper they provided and I go walking in with a cup of ICE. Just ice, that is all. The nazi at the main gate totally disrespects me. I understand that I may have not been following rules, but when he TOUCHED me, then proceeded to ask "Can you read?" ..... Let me explain, every other track we went to that week allowed me to bring my drinks in.. Terre Haute, The Mile, Putnamville, Bloomington, they all allowed it. So no, I was not thinking to look for a sign that says I can't. Excuse me for assuming. ... He is lucky I was not driving my own vehicle and kind of at the mercy of not having my own way out of there, next time he touches me I will make damn sure he doesn't have the physical ability to ever touch anyone again. ... Moral of the story, keep youR ICE in the truck. Or Hitler will try to give you some (as Jack Hewitt would say) "His shirt says staff, so now he has some authority."
Being that the consensus is that Kokomo has the best track in Indiana, they tend to get a little cocky. But that's okay, 10 years ago, Gas City was all-the-rage, and look at the situation it's in now; Kokomo's time will come if they continue to not follow the "Golden Rule".

#GYATK (...and sneak in your drink!)

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, maddog53, nathans1012, Tony74
6/10/16, 6:46 PM   #14
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

racefan20, was no cop next to him. but was a trash can. Where I not so politely threw my cup of ICE.

chrismattlin, I don't hold it against Kokomo by any means. I am aware I was in the wrong. The issue is putting your hands on me. You can talk and we can trash talk back and forth all day. But I draw the line somewhere. I wont try to sneak anything in. I dont mind buying drinks at the track, if they dont allow you to bring your own in. Not being from there, I didnt know to look for a sign saying not to. Where I am from its understood that you dont bring anything in. I think its a great idea tracks allow you to bring a cooler in, hate the greatest racetrack in Indiana hires an idiot to work the gate though. Thats a real bummer.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, nathans1012, spicoli
6/17/16, 8:22 AM   #15
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

Thanks to all who posted with suggestions. I am getting excited for the trip. I have a few World of Outlaw shows to get through before that though. If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free. Too much info cannot hurt in this situation. Thanks again

6/17/16, 8:56 AM   #16
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Have a great time at both tracks. Like most have said on here you will be hooked forever! Kokomo is one of the best tracks in the entire country hands down! The local eateries are some of the best around. Halfmoon Restaurant and brewery is just awesome. That's a must stop in Kokomo! Get to both tracks early and buy a pit pass and enjoy the sites. Like Jerry said make sure you stop by the 66j pit some of the most down to earth guys you will ever meet! Be safe and have a great trip!

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, maddog53
6/17/16, 12:23 PM   #17
hunterjackson

Race Count This Year: 25

Definetly a good choice of the races that you are gonna hit... Gas City u should get there as early as possible and walk throught the pits and just kinda hang out... There is not a bad seat in the house. Kokomo will be the best show of Sprint Week... The pits would be a good idea and there isnt really a bad seat in the house there either

1 member likes this post: maddog53
6/17/16, 1:34 PM   #18
revjimk

Can't you get reserved seats at Kokomo? I did for Smackdown, but they all seem to be pretty good

6/17/16, 1:37 PM   #19
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter View Post
racefan20, was no cop next to him. but was a trash can. Where I not so politely threw my cup of ICE.

chrismattlin, I don't hold it against Kokomo by any means. I am aware I was in the wrong. The issue is putting your hands on me. You can talk and we can trash talk back and forth all day. But I draw the line somewhere. I wont try to sneak anything in. I dont mind buying drinks at the track, if they dont allow you to bring your own in. Not being from there, I didnt know to look for a sign saying not to. Where I am from its understood that you dont bring anything in. I think its a great idea tracks allow you to bring a cooler in, hate the greatest racetrack in Indiana hires an idiot to work the gate though. Thats a real bummer.
Kokomo is a great track & I've enjoyed every visit (2 Smackdowns) But its the only place I've EVER seen a fan in the stands with a gun on his hip.... why?

6/17/16, 1:43 PM   #20
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
Being that the consensus is that Kokomo has the best track in Indiana, they tend to get a little cocky. But that's okay, 10 years ago, Gas City was all-the-rage, and look at the situation it's in now; Kokomo's time will come if they continue to not follow the "Golden Rule".

#GYATK (...and sneak in your drink!)
Gas City's status now has nothing to do with not following the "Golden Rule."

Also, not saying it's right or wrong, but 10 years ago Kokomo had the same rule it does now if I'm not mistaken.
Last edited by fish; 6/17/16 at 2:04 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City and Kokomo