IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > dooling 63 sprint car
2/18/16, 6:59 PM   #1
dooling 63 sprint car
dirtlover

Looking at pictures and wonder who made the body? Anybody know?

2/18/16, 8:59 PM   #2
Re: dooling 63 sprint car
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtlover View Post
Looking at pictures and wonder who made the body? Anybody know?
It's a Spike Chassis.

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge
2/19/16, 12:34 AM   #3
rpedersen20

Guessing its an IPC carbon body???

http://www.ipcindy.com/New%20Design/...irtsprint.html

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Jerry Spencer
2/21/16, 1:26 AM   #4
Dooling #63 Sprint Car!!..
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

If all Body panels, pieces are needed/used, (JMG) prolly $4K-$4.5K and depending who you are n how much business you do with them!!...always JMO!!...

2/21/16, 10:15 PM   #5
lilrim

Yea IPC body! (317)-858-7793. Give us a call if you need anything! #aeroadvantage

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, LRP36, younggun398
2/23/16, 6:00 PM   #6
Jerry Spencer

Give you a call if I need anything I need enough money to buy the entire body for our car. You guys do a great job by the way

Jerry

2/23/16, 6:17 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wow, Now I know why a couple teams I know of make many of their own except hood and tail tank.

2/23/16, 6:41 PM   #8
JDFAST

is there any advantage to carbon fiber body parts other than weight?

Would it make sense to have a rule, all body parts are fiber glass or whatever the cheaper body panels are. If there's an advantage in safety at any cost, all for it. If it just for weight and extra expense, not sure how it makes racing better for the fans in the stands or the teams other than the one's who are well funded.

Same thing for titanium parts, but .......I guess the more rules u make, the more it cost's team. Sure guys would try to make stock bolts lighter and thus brake and same thing with body panels

Never mind, how much are the carbon fiber hoods nobody said racing was fair or cheap and I guess that's the way it should be, but I miss seeing 50 plus sprint car showing up every week for CRA races, the last few years it more like 3 heats and a main once a month at the PAS. But hopefully the opener this year will have more cars, we got Brian and Dave flying out

2/23/16, 9:27 PM   #9
xoxide

^So you want to limit costs in a premier class? Good luck with that....

USAC is the top tier of non-wing racing, it would make no sense at all to limit lightweight parts in the name of cost savings for top tier (and for the most part well-funded) teams... If they want to spend the money on lightweight parts so be it.... Clauson won the first night with a carbon body, Ballou the second (with a fiberglass/sheetmetal body), and Tmez the third (again with a glass/tin body).

Switching to all steel components and glass bodies wont make a significant enough change to "change the show for the better"....

Carbon fiber is lighter, stronger (than its cheaper counterpart fiberglass), and lets face it- it just looks cool.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, PIT CART
2/23/16, 10:07 PM   #10
Tim Clauson

Over time there is a considerable cost saving by using Carbon Bodies. The Midgets we run have body panels that are 3 - 4 years old the Sprint car we ran in 2015 had all lower panels made of carbon that were built in 2009 and probably have 100 races on them. Under normal circumstances I will go through 3 - 4 complete bodies compared to 1 carbon body. When you factor in the cost of paint and longevity the carbon bodies save my team $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFAST View Post
is there any advantage to carbon fiber body parts other than weight?

Would it make sense to have a rule, all body parts are fiber glass or whatever the cheaper body panels are. If there's an advantage in safety at any cost, all for it. If it just for weight and extra expense, not sure how it makes racing better for the fans in the stands or the teams other than the one's who are well funded.

Same thing for titanium parts, but .......I guess the more rules u make, the more it cost's team. Sure guys would try to make stock bolts lighter and thus brake and same thing with body panels

Never mind, how much are the carbon fiber hoods nobody said racing was fair or cheap and I guess that's the way it should be, but I miss seeing 50 plus sprint car showing up every week for CRA races, the last few years it more like 3 heats and a main once a month at the PAS. But hopefully the opener this year will have more cars, we got Brian and Dave flying out

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > dooling 63 sprint car