IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLYMOUTH Banquet - Midget News - Involves the Chili Bowl
1/24/16, 11:37 AM   #11
Re: PLYMOUTH Banquet - Midget News - Involves the Chili Bowl
TQ29m

I'm 78+, and I thought I had heard and saw about everything, now if this don't take th cake, beats all I ever heard, what has been created is another gimmie, but not by the Gvmnt this time! Bob

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
1/24/16, 11:53 AM   #12
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighbanksHustlin View Post
I try not to be negative...but the Chili Bowl is my favorite race to go to all year long. I have went the last 6 years. I believe this is a slippery slope. I don't think an event like the Chili Bowl should be giving any kind of hand outs to racers for accomplishments during the season. Plymouth Speedway has done a fantastic job with promotion and new ideas but I just simply do NOT like this. What about the guys that would have been in the B Main but will now be in a C Main because of the provisionals? To me that is just not right...
The guys that would have been in the b-main will still be in it. just a few extra cars in each b-main.

1/24/16, 12:00 PM   #13
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzman View Post
Don't like this one bit.. What happens if driver & car owner splits between the b-main qualifying races at Plymouth & Chili Bowl. Then what? This is about dumb. These racers better tag the back of the B-mains, even behind the guys that Transfered out of the C-mains.. This is just as dumb as the "promoter provisional" giving to Old fart Swindell at this years Chili Bowl..
SMH , very disappointed..
The way I understood the announcement is if there would be a split the driver is still in. he's the winner.
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/24/16 at 12:06 PM.

1/24/16, 12:05 PM   #14
nathans1012

Also the MavTV race Tuesday, June 21st race with the 410 Non-Wing Sprints, UMP Modifieds, & NEW Pro 602 Crate Sprint class.
This will be the "Tony Elliott Tribute".
The track contacted Cindy Elliott to get the ok to do this.

1/24/16, 12:51 PM   #15
D Byrd

I love things that are designed to specifically promote midget racing, not unlike the Jonathan Byrd's Indy Challenge.

There will be stacked fields at all of these Plymouth Midget races, and undoubtedly they will be featured on MAV TV as well.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, monkeyboy, mowerman
1/24/16, 5:22 PM   #16
nathans1012

Per the tracks Facebook page.
READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE TRACKS FACEBOOK PAGE.
Due to the large out cry against the idea these 3 races have been cancelled.
http://www.facebook.com/PlymouthSpeedway

USAC Midgets still on with WOO sprints for Friday, May 13th.
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/24/16 at 5:26 PM.

1/24/16, 5:30 PM   #17
PIT CART

Wow they add a stupid rule to the largest dirt race and the powers can't believe they get negative feedback!! So let's just cancel 3 races from are scheduled program.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Vukie
1/24/16, 5:35 PM   #18
Tim Clauson

I am not sure how cancelling events is in the best interests of any series. I think the concept is an outstanding idea however locking in cars into already one of the hardest to make shows in the racing world, to me dilutes the effort of the 300+ competitors vying for those positions. A thought I had was to lock in the series champion into the Race Of Champions on Tuesday night. I think the mini series could be run in several different areas of the country and would be a great addition to the "ALL Star" concept of the ROC. Just a thought and thank you for your efforts to promote midget racing

1/24/16, 6:25 PM   #19
monkeyboy

Great to see what you can accomplish if you work together. Three midweek races cancelled. Bravo! Cmon guys let's get some more shows cancelled.

2 members like this post: ossuks, PAW
1/24/16, 6:26 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I honestly don't know why you punish yourselves the fans and racers after the announcement by totally cancelling.

I think thought out and worked on a bit more, It could be done without cheapening the CB. Something like tag the tail of a A of a Qualifying night with one position point less than those that got in that night. With is results that night determining Saturdays placement, Even if he/she finishes last in the prelim night A. It puts him able to skip E-N features. possibly. Without being given a reasonably doable shot at Saturdays A for something totally unrelated to the CB.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLYMOUTH Banquet - Midget News - Involves the Chili Bowl