IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLYMOUTH Banquet - Midget News - Involves the Chili Bowl
1/23/16, 9:15 PM   #1
PLYMOUTH Banquet - Midget News - Involves the Chili Bowl
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

PLYMOYTH SPEEDWAY - Banquet
Plymouth, Indiana
-
"Prelude to the Chili Bowl"
Track Owner Ed Kennedy & Chili Bowl Promoter Emmett Hahn Broker a deal. There will be 1 race on Friday, May 20th and 3 races on Wednesday nights June 29, July 20, & August 31 for Midgets & 3 dates for 600 Mini Sprints - June 29th, July 20th, & August 31st. If you win one of those races you will be locked into the B-Main at either the Tulsa Shootout (600's) or the Chili Bowl(Midgets). Keep an eye on the tracks Facebook page or track website for more info.

These races will be promoted by Ed Kennedy & Emmett Hahn.
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/24/16 at 1:16 AM.

4 members like this post: dickster, EBookerFan, stealth43k, treecitytornado
1/24/16, 1:08 AM   #2
nathans1012

THERE WILL BE 4 Midget Races & 3 600 Mini Sprint races that will be for Tulsa Shootout & Chili Bowl B-Main spots.
- - - - - - - - - -
MIDGET RACE DATES
*NOTE*-Winner will be lock into a b-main at 2017 Chili Bowl
Friday, May 13th 2016
Wednesday, June 29th 2016
Wednesday, July 20th 2016
Wednesday, August 31st 2016

600 MINI SPRINT RACE DATES
*NOTE*-Winner will be lock into a b-main at 2017 Tulsa Shootout
Wednesday, June 29th 2016
Wednesday, July 20th 2016
Wednesday, August 31st 2016

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
1/24/16, 1:11 AM   #3
nathans1012

For the complete info go to the Plymouth Speedway's Facebook page as the information is now posted there.
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/24/16 at 1:13 AM.

1/24/16, 1:32 AM   #4
Re: PLYMOUTH Banquet - Midget News - Involves the Chili Bowl
HighbanksHustlin

Race Count This Year: 3

I try not to be negative...but the Chili Bowl is my favorite race to go to all year long. I have went the last 6 years. I believe this is a slippery slope. I don't think an event like the Chili Bowl should be giving any kind of hand outs to racers for accomplishments during the season. Plymouth Speedway has done a fantastic job with promotion and new ideas but I just simply do NOT like this. What about the guys that would have been in the B Main but will now be in a C Main because of the provisionals? To me that is just not right...

1/24/16, 1:56 AM   #5
Blueracer123

I think its a great idea. It gives gives 4 guys get out of jail free card. If they have a terrible qualifying night they are still in the B Main, if they have a great qual night and lock into the A main then they did not need that extra insurance. If they are in a B Main no matter what after their qual night. No foul either.

1 member likes this post: plymouthfan
1/24/16, 2:00 AM   #6
Blitzman

Don't like this one bit.. What happens if driver & car owner splits between the b-main qualifying races at Plymouth & Chili Bowl. Then what? This is about dumb. These racers better tag the back of the B-mains, even behind the guys that Transfered out of the C-mains.. This is just as dumb as the "promoter provisional" giving to Old fart Swindell at this years Chili Bowl..
SMH , very disappointed..

1/24/16, 2:11 AM   #7
Nate

I was gonna say what blitz just said, people were going nuts about Sammy getting a provisional this year for the main, What kind of stink fans may put up over this, not sure.

Personally I understand that Plymouth is trying to become one of the premier tracks and good on them. But why the Chili Bowl would choose to affiliate themselves with this track or these races, I'm not sure. If you're gonna give out free passes to one of the B's at one of the biggest dirt races in the world then why wouldn't they give them out to the winner of a race like the Turkey Night GP, Kokomo GP, or any other crown jewel type events where the best midget drivers are all racing in the best equipment.

Not trying to be negative or anything, just don't get this.
Last edited by Nate; 1/25/16 at 11:07 AM.

1/24/16, 2:26 AM   #8
Blueracer123

Nate because if you research those dates a little bit you realize that pretty much everyone is off those dates so you will end up with big name drivers and cars there. I bet Kieth Kunz would love to have his cars come race and win those races as a backup to mechanical failure on qual night. It is just a win for Plymouth promotionally. Now the track gets a ton more exposure, even if fans are not happy about the B Main part, the track name is more out there.

2 members like this post: Egs349, short track scott
1/24/16, 2:58 AM   #9
HighbanksHustlin

Race Count This Year: 3

I don't disagree that Plymouth stands to gain promotionally from this. However, I don't like it from the side of how it affects the Chili Bowl. No ONE should get a get out of jail card at the Chili Bowl. I'm sorry. It's the biggest dirt race in the world and some years it just isn't gonna be your year. I understand the past champions provisional a little bit...it's a benefit to the most recent champion that won arguably the hardest race in the world the year before.

What happens if a Joe Shmo gets one of the spots and is way off pace and takes out someone who actually EARNED their way? This isn't kid karts where everyone gets a trophy...this is the Chili Bowl.
Last edited by HighbanksHustlin; 1/24/16 at 8:51 AM. Reason: misspelling

1/24/16, 10:47 AM   #10
TCR57

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

2 members like this post: nathans1012, short track scott
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLYMOUTH Banquet - Midget News - Involves the Chili Bowl