allow aftermarket ignition for mec injection systems 19 34.55%
allow gasoline or methanol as fuel 10 18.18%
allow methanol only (safety) 31 56.36%
allow aftermarket injection electronic 24 43.64%
allow aftermarket injection mechanical 27 49.09%
allow bore change to meet displacement 14 25.45%
allow stroke change to meet displacement 13 23.64%
allow the use of restricted older National Midget Motors 25 45.45%
allow the use of stock smaller forced induction motors as they come on line 9 16.36%
allow M/C powerd cars to remove clutch and starter 10 18.18%
Allow 2.5L Engines 17 30.91%
I have raced in a DII class in the past 19 34.55%
I am very interested in DII Midget racing 18 32.73%
keep min weight as they are 1125>1000>910>875 7 12.73%
Change min weight of auto engine cars down to 1025 lbs. 3 5.45%
Tow your car on an open trailer 5 9.09%
weiRaise the min weight to accomodate 2014 average male weight of 196 pounds 4 7.27%
allow OEM Stock VVT 9 16.36%
VVT must be disabled if aftermarket fuel injection is used 3 5.45%
no wings 5 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New DII Engine rules
10/25/15, 12:25 PM   #81
Re: New DII Engine rules
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling'n DIRT View Post
From everything that I have read is Division II was put together several years ago to make this an affordable class (chassis and engines) so the the average working man can bu an older car add and inexpensive "stock" type of engine and go race....heard that now it is going to allow anything goes as far as the chassis with a somewhat stock style of engine....of course this is hear say....maybe the powers to be will have the riles out before next season so we can make a decision

Sling

Why don't you go on and get busy building that car? I am sure that they did nothing to make last years car illegal, in fact I don't think they changed much of anything from last year.

As far as chassis, most race cars are pretty dumb be they brand new or 20 years old, they all work the same and require the proper input to achieve the proper results. I have been around a long time and have seen new ideas introduced that were really only warmed over tec used years ago by old school racers. DII should still be the most inexpensive forms of real open wheel racing out there.

Honest Dad himself

10/25/15, 12:42 PM   #82
DAD

Just went to EBAY Talk about a cheap HP Boost for an Ecotec? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wiseco-Pisto...f1bLcg&vxp=mtr

This would go a long way in waking one up for less than $800.00 + Labor, I get 25 cents an hour. I bet some of the DII>>>2400CC business people out there could even beat this price.

Honest Dad himself

10/25/15, 1:42 PM   #83
DaGuy

Just went and looked at that on ebay. That kit will either lower the compression or keep it stock. So the expense of 781.00 or what ever it was gained you nothing. The engine comes with pistons and rods already so I just saved you 700.00+ dollars. No thanks needed so let's go racing! Can't wait to see the D2 rules!

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/25/15, 1:54 PM   #84
DAD

Da

If it is a dealer you can usually change CR on pistons Wisco don't charge anything extra for crown shape. They state that some piston kits are spl order and require wait time.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/25/15 at 2:02 PM.

10/25/15, 2:09 PM   #85
DaGuy

I agree just don't think you will find a deal like that on a a custom set. I do understand your point. We will see what the rules allow.

10/25/15, 3:06 PM   #86
DAD

Da

Then you could add a set of these in the build.http://www.fmsrperformance.com/test/...&product_id=81 How much did you say you wanted to spend???

Honest Dad himself

10/25/15, 5:33 PM   #87
DaGuy

Let's hope the powers in charge had enough common sense to make sure this is by no means acceptable. Keeping this cheap and away from the cost of the current national engines is the key to making this successful.

1 member likes this post: speedee24
10/25/15, 6:26 PM   #88
xoxide

being in the loop with "the powers that be" and knowing what is going on next year....

You guys are speculating WAY too much. This whole thread, this poll is only hurting the image of "division II" racing more than helping.... How do you think people who are looking to get into it and Doing their due diligence prior to buying a car would feel seeing a thread like this?

Put down your keyboard (dad) and stop causing unneccessary waves.
Last edited by xoxide; 10/25/15 at 7:10 PM.

10/27/15, 12:30 PM   #89
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
being in the loop with "the powers that be" and knowing what is going on next year....

You guys are speculating WAY too much. This whole thread, this poll is only hurting the image of "division II" racing more than helping.... How do you think people who are looking to get into it and Doing their due diligence prior to buying a car would feel seeing a thread like this?

Put down your keyboard (dad) and stop causing unneccessary waves.

X

Being privy to the inside scoop on the rules would you not agree that if it was over 50% approval on the poll that it was probably included in the new rules that are in fact almost the same as the original rules.

We also managed to bring "Badger Midget Racers" into the conversation as well as Racers racing with Midget cars powered by Older Purpose built engines. Don't think this is about DII Midgets only.

How about Montpelier Speedway they have their own Midget division designed to allow all Midget size cars the opportunity to race one another and they have been very successful doing so.

You should not relate Racing Midgets to just your own little geographical region of the country. Midget racing is alive well and growing up here in the Mid West, and any Ideas that can add to it's success should be appreciated. When you stop to count between the Badger post and the DII poll there have been 10,000+ hits by people wanting to find out more about this class in particular. That is a good thing, anything bringing the public awareness to this new and exciting type of race car has to be good for the sport. Not everyone reading or contributing has your expertise but I hope by reading and taking part they have learned something and just maybe it will help rule makers in the future.

Waiting for you to take a tour up north sometimes in the near future. You would really enjoy the competition.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/27/15 at 1:21 PM.

10/27/15, 4:05 PM   #90
xoxide

Just when I thought you may have finally got the point......

I'm not interested in going back and forth with you, honestly.
Last edited by xoxide; 10/27/15 at 4:30 PM.

2 members like this post: DAD, hullracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New DII Engine rules